Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 2014 dodge dart GT I Want to replace the timing chain as I'm just shy of 100k. I was curious of anything else i should consider replacing or refreshing at the same time?

thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,156 Posts
There is no service interval to replace a timing chain. You should be able to get at least 250-300k miles from the timing components on a 2.4L engine. You do not have a timing belt.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Dart GT, 2 4 automatic, Torred
655 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 2014 dodge dart GT I Want to replace the timing chain as I'm just shy of 100k. I was curious of anything else i should consider replacing or refreshing at the same time?

thanks in advance.
I'm not aware of timing belt service but I gotta tell ya, I just did a 60k mile service and had fuel injector cleaned along with cleaning my air filter and my car runs better than it ever has. Idles smoother, accelerates smoother and faster and throttle response is quicker than ever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not aware of timing belt service but I gotta tell ya, I just did a 60k mile service and had fuel injector cleaned along with cleaning my air filter and my car runs better than it ever has. Idles smoother, accelerates smoother and faster and throttle response is quicker than ever.
A cool air intake was recently installed but I might clean the injectors. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
31 Posts

thanks in advance.
My wife's `14 Dart Limited 2.4L has 252K plus miles now, with no noise from the timing chain and certainly no mechanical failures in the engine. We bought it new and have had very good reliability. I change the oil every 10K with Mobil1 0W-20 and Wix HD extended drain filters. It has a K&N drop in air filter and has had since new. Zero engine problems, two hundred fifty thousand miles of happy driving from that engine. I swapped out the water pump once and the starter solenoid once, that is as close as we have ever gotten to any engine problems. Your timing chain should be just fine for years to come.
Mopars-Only

1 - 10 of 10 Posts