Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4 Ralleye
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car warranty just expired I'm currently at 103K - 2.4L (My CPO warranty expired at 100K) and I am now getting all sort of CEL's codes. I am not sure if the car is just done and its time for me to get rid of her.

So a few weeks ago I was getting P0302 code indicating misfire cylinder 2. So I replaced all 4 spark plugs and ignition coils (Purchased from AMAZON) So a few days go by and then once again I get the CEL. Went to get a scan and same code P0302.

So I figured since the plugs and coils were replaced, must be a fuel injector problem. I go and buy Sea Foam Fuel Injector Cleaner IC5 and run it through. I start seeing improvement in MPG but the CEL still on. So I go for the Sea Foam Motor Treatment system and currently running that through now, about half a tank left of gas.

So I go to my local autoparts store just for the hell of it to do another scan this morning and this time the list is ridiculous.

I am getting the following codes now.

P0506 - IDLE SPEED PERFORMANCE LOWER THAN EXPECTED
P1061 - CYLINDER 1 OIL SUPPLY SOLENOID STUCK
P1062 - CYLINDER 2 OIL SUPPLY SOLENOID STUCK
P1064 - CYLINDER 4 OIL SUPPLY SOLENOID STUCK
P0300 - MULTIPLE CYLINDER MISFIRE
P0301 - CYLINDER 1 MISFIRE
P0302 - CYLINDER 2 MISFIRE
P0304 - CYLINDER 4 MISFIRE

I always change my oil on time. Only use Pennzoil Platinum and only pump Shell Supreme gas the whole life of the vehicle.

I really don't know much about cars, although I have been learning a lot lately through youtube.

So is she done? I am just thinking about trading it in while she's still running, or is she salvageable?

What I am reading is that it might have something to do with the Multiair Actuator that needs to replaced.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
You likely need to replace the MultiAir Assembly. While it may be an expensive part, it will be less than new car payments for the next 5 years or so. Your choice.
Another possible source is a self serve junkyard wrecked Dart. Should cost a lot less for the part. It will take prolonged cranking to get oil back into the assembly once it is installed whether you used a new assembly or one that is used.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Check the oil level before doing anything else, and top up as needed. The MultiAir system will throw all those codes if the oil gets too low. Except the low idle, I don't know about that one. You also didn't mention how the car is running. It should be running very rough under load with all that misfiring going on. I had this happen on my 1.4T and it only affected a single cylinder. The car felt like it was going to die at 35 mph.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4 Ralleye
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the oil level before doing anything else, and top up as needed. The MultiAir system will throw all those codes if the oil gets too low. Except the low idle, I don't know about that one. You also didn't mention how the car is running. It should be running very rough under load with all that misfiring going on. I had this happen on my 1.4T and it only affected a single cylinder. The car felt like it was going to die at 35 mph.
So its kinda weird. Some of the times I turn it on and it sounds like a 18 wheeler or large truck. And I will go and mess with the ignition coils unplug and plug again and it will run fine. I took it out on a 50 mile round trip yesterday and she did fine. But I guess I got kinda stressed out when I saw all those codes today, especially since I have been only getting the misfire on cylinder 2, P0302 previously. I had switched the coil from 2 to 1 earlier last week so when I went to get it scanned this morning, I was guessing it was going to be a P0301 and the issue was the cheap coils I got from Amazon ($100 for the set) but no, I got all these crazy codes....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts