Dodge Dart Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
We had our car done (recall) for a while now. I getting to hate it. The car didn't consume much oil (maybe it's the oil I use, I don't know).

Where I live it's hilly and full of turns, so this long ass coasting causes me to apply a lot of brake, even gearing down with the 6 speed auto in the Dart GT is not the same, and after I get to the bottom of the hill and apply gas pedal it doesn't down shift unless I almost floor it. It absolutely sucks. I asked the dealer if they would put it back to the OEM specs. Their answer is "No Can Do". And because I'm braking and gassing, I'm burning more fuel. Is there a way i can get this car reset back to it's OEM settings?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So my question is if it's burning oil because it's getting pulled in from a vacuum wouldn't that mean that pressure would blow oil the other way and create excessive blowby, I'm keeping an eye on oil blowing into my intake

·
Registered
21 Posts
So my question is if it's burning oil because it's getting pulled in from a vacuum wouldn't that mean that pressure would blow oil the other way and create excessive blow-by, I'm keeping an eye on oil blowing into my intake
Hi Anthwor, I'm not sure which way it happens, A lot of the 2.4Ls seem to consume oil. But the reprogramming fixes this issue. Ours really didn't have this issue, but I went ahead and had it done. If you are not having any issue with consuming a lot of oil between oil changes, and are happy the way your engine operates. My suggestion is to leave it alone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone had any new feedback on the update?
I had it done months ago and it is still working. Other than that I didnt notice any diff in the car. But, on another note. Just for grins I filled up with supreme the other day. Because of my driving habits I cant say if the mileage has changed or not. But it does seem like it runs smoother and maybe a little quieter. I think I did notice though that, when getting on the freeway from my house, it seems much smoother. And it wants to stay in 5th longer (which it should be doing. It seems like it always goes into 6th a little too soon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I had the update performed in March. I don't drive very much, but I've accumulated about 4000kms since the update. My engine has burned about 1 litre of oil since then. Its not a perfect fix, but it's much better than the 1 litre of oil per 1000kms that my engine was consuming before the update. I haven't noticed any negative side effects of the update.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've put on about 10k miles since the update and haven't consumed a drop of oil. I was skeptical at first but I'm thankful as I was .5 to 1 quart per 1000 miles. The engine was replaced at 14k for excessive oil consumption but still consumed oil to 116k. They did change the oil to 100k free of charge. Just to think all over a bad tune 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️ other than that the car has been great to me currently 126k miles and going strong knock on wood

·
Registered
421 Posts
Well I got the W20 update today. I came home and topped the oil off so it's now full so I have some benchmark to follow. I'll see how the car reacts. It does seem to have less engine braking now.

Also, before the update, I have noticed my car was starting to consume more oil. Normally I consume about .75 to 1 quart every 4000 miles. Today I was a quart low after around 1600 miles. I really hope this update works.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just received my notice. Trying to decide if I want to do this since I never had the issue. I would also need to throw my OEM ECU back in to do this. I wish the notice explained the fix in greater detail.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
what ecu do you have in your dart????

61 - 70 of 70 Posts