Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
HeaderOrange,
Im looking forward to hearing about your experience. But what might also be helpful is if you can report back (maybe a couple of times) in just the next few days on whether you notice any performance difference (good or bad, torque, power, fuel mileage etc) before you get used to any changes and dont notice them anymore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HeaderOrange,
Im looking forward to hearing about your experience. But what might also be helpful is if you can report back (maybe a couple of times) in just the next few days on whether you notice any performance difference (good or bad, torque, power, fuel mileage etc) before you get used to any changes and dont notice them anymore.
Me too! I can definitely do that it's my daily that I put almost 300 miles a week on. I'll be paying close attention and will report anything I notice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Havent put enough miles on yet to know about oil consumption. But what I have noticed is that the transmission feels tighter, engine seems maybe a little more responsive, and it feels like it has maybe a little more power. And another thing I found to be weird. Since new, when I would reset the mpg, it would go to 0 and then right back to where it was and maybe eventually catch up. I would have to reset it several times to get it to be current. For example. If going down hill at 60 mph, if it read 23mpg and I reset it, it would go back to 23mpg. If I reset 2 or 3 times, it would finally read 53mpg which is what I would expect going down hill. Now, if I reset in the example of going down hill, it immedieatly goes to 53mph and, of course, evens out as the road changes as it should be.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Havent put enough miles on yet to know about oil consumption. But what I have noticed is that the transmission feels tighter, engine seems maybe a little more responsive, and it feels like it has maybe a little more power. And another thing I found to be weird. Since new, when I would reset the mpg, it would go to 0 and then right back to where it was and maybe eventually catch up. I would have to reset it several times to get it to be current. For example. If going down hill at 60 mph, if it read 23mpg and I reset it, it would go back to 23mpg. If I reset 2 or 3 times, it would finally read 53mpg which is what I would expect going down hill. Now, if I reset in the example of going down hill, it immedieatly goes to 53mph and, of course, evens out as the road changes as it should be.
Any change in engine braking while letting off the gas or coming to a stop?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any change in engine braking while letting off the gas or coming to a stop?
Well, it might be smother. Im not sure if I even fell the torque converter hit as I slow down. I know it is downshifting because I can drop into manual shift and see it has downshifted and the power is there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
"Yes, now i remember it.
They got rid of zero-fueling during coasting or downhill. That was it, engine braking goes bad with the update.
Not a big deal in flat land but crucial in the mountains."

Above is what I heard on another site from a guy who had a jeep compass. I dont think his jeep used oil, but he remembers the fix that was offered

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I managed 450 miles this week since the PCM update. Normally I'd go through .25 to .50 quart of oil every 500 miles to my surprise I didn't have to add any oil. I'm still optimistic....once I get to 1000 miles and see the same results then I'll feel more confident that it might be resolved 🤞🏻🙏🏻. I feel like since the first time I drove this car engine braking was a little excessive but now there's considerably less. With that said so far so good I'll report back after some more miles!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im getting optimistic from your report. Ive only gone about 100 miles so far. I dont usually see any drop in oil for a couple to a few hundred miles. Then it seems to accelerate. Ive sometimes wondered if the pan is funnel shaped. Anyway, I will report back as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
. I feel like since the first time I drove this car engine braking was a little excessive but now there's considerably less. With that said so far so good I'll report back after some more miles!
I agree. I thought it was a cool feature at first. But now I think it was a symptom of the bad pcm software. If this is indeed the permanent fix, Dodge should have known and fixed this long ago. Its too bad. This is a nice little car and I think would be more popular if not for its reputation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
850 mile update....all is well oil level hasn't moved! Feeling pretty confident specially since I'm only 600 away from an oil change and the car typically "consumed" more oil near the life end of the oil. If I can make it to the oil change I'll be convinced! Either way it's fixed or alot better. I'll update soon as I get to my oil change.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thats great news. I only got about 225 miles since I got the update, then I had the oil changed the other day. So I'm starting out at just about mile 0 with new oil and the update. I hope I do as well as you.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts