Dodge Dart Forum banner

2.4 guys......we did it, we finally did it! A real tune!

29K views 54 replies 25 participants last post by  KingB117 
#1 ·
Syked ECU Tuning: "We are proud to have finally finished breaking the gpec3 pcm for the 2.4l tigershark engine. This e fine is equipped in several jeep models and also the Dodge Dart. This video shows us reading a modified file out and overlaying the changes to a stock file. We plan to release a tune very shortly and also software support so you can custom tune your own car/jeep. "

#2 ·
Can't wait to find out what this is capable of, and what a tunable 2.4L Tigershark can put out.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Killraven
#4 ·
I think we can finally hit that claimed number of 210 crank hp that Mopar has teased us with when they launched the Dart! That's really all I want to be happy.

I also think this will help keep our engines safe. I have a feeling that many of us are running too lean with our basic bolt on mods.

#8 ·
Once we can custom tune, I'm having my cam reprofiled(unless I can get one made thats like a stage 1 or 2 cam) my head port and polished, maybe bronze guides and the better springs MTD has. Hopefully the MPx intake manifold os around the corner.

#13 · (Edited)
Well my turbo plans just got a little more exciting. I thought I was going to have to use this AEM FIC. Good thing I haven't cut into the wiring yet :cool2: I'll have to contact them to see what they can do for me.

Update (didn't want to double post):
I talked with Syked. He didn't seem very interested in tuning it for adding a turbo. Maybe if we had enough people interested in it?

Here's the turbo I plan on putting in (its a Garrett GTX2860R Twinscroll):
Lens Auto part Camera lens

#14 ·
Well my turbo plans just got a little more exciting. I thought I was going to have to use this AEM FIC. Good thing I haven't cut into the wiring yet :cool2: I'll have to contact them to see what they can do for me.

Update (didn't want to double post):
I talked with Syked. He didn't seem very interested in tuning it for adding a turbo. Maybe if we had enough people interested in it?

Here's the turbo I plan on putting in (its a Garrett GTX2860R Twinscroll):
View attachment 117544
There's not a true way he could tune your car from a distance, at least not well. He mentioned in the past you'd have to either go to him or fly him out to you. AEM would still be your best bet tbh and get a tuner to help you out.

Also do you have the 1.4 or 2.4? Because your info says 1.4, if that's teh case he already had a 1.4 tune out

#16 ·
From an amateur consumer perspective... Am I better served buying this or the Road Race Spectrum? I was under the impression that the latter would grow with me as I add more mods. I currently only have an aftermarket CAI, but would like to get lighter pulleys, a ported throttle body, and MPx Header + Exhaust as time goes on.

#17 ·
A true tune will 100% be better than the spectrum tuner.

This is coming from someone who has had the spectrum tuner on my car for 2 years. Once the Syked tune is released I’ll be switching and selling my spectrum

#20 ·
As soon as the "stage 2" tune is available to buy, I will get it. I would have love to get the intake manifold before hand but it should be possible to tune the car with his eliminator cable and tuning suite later.

Also, before even installing the tune I will try to get some dyno time to compare a full bolt-on with stock tune vs sprectrum tuner vs syked tune.

#21 ·
That comparison would be awesome.

#23 ·
Anybody think this tune will still work and be fine with a stock exhaust/header setup? I really don't care for the raspiness of aftermarket setups on the 2.4s. I'm hoping it will still work well just have slightly less gains.

#24 ·
Syked has said he’ll be making 2 versions.
Stage 1: stock dart
Stage 2: full bolt ons from MPX

#27 ·
Has anyone heard any reports of someone running the Stage 1(with what bolt-one, if any) and what their impressions are? Wondering if their butt-dyno yields expected results and if the tune fouls up/impacts any other of the Darts systems/features.

#28 · (Edited)
Ok so I'm here to clear some things up. Kevin is goimg to have an option under the tune to selecte what mods you have at some point, thats the *stage 2*. He also said the gains will be from the parts only. If you dont have all of them the regular stage 1 will be fine. I have my stage 1 tune in the car and have had it for 4 days now. I have the bored TB, ingen CAI, summit cat back exhaust, both lifhtwieght pullys, and copper plugs. Auto trans. It took about 50 miles to smooth out, but.....OH MY GOD, its a diffrent car now. You notice a diffrence at as littke as 2700rpm. At wide open throttle it's wild and at 5500rpm to 6500rpm it's a Animal, it climbs through the rpm range with ease now. No dead spot, or lack luster feelimg when taking off from a stop or goimg to pass someone while,cruising. The throttle senaitivty is perfect. And yes the go pedal still works just fine with it. I love it. Best mod ive bought for the car yet. If you are on the fence just get it. You will not be disappointed. I have a dyno day planed Tuesday. And I'll be doing some 0-60sec times with my drag race app tomorrow and will time so highway pulls of 40-90, 60-100. And trying to beat my personal record of 126mph on a stretch of road I use. But with it being a NA car its better than I expected honestly. The guy with the red turbo 2.4 that tork did, has plans to go to Kevin to have a turbo tune done also. So there is that. But buy the tune guys. Its amazing. And the more that gets bought the more R and D Kevin said he will put into it.

#29 · (Edited)
EDIT: After taking my car in to get the codes taken care of and reinstalling the tune things seem to be running alot better now. Might have been an install issue, plugs not seated all the way or something, who knows.

#30 ·
OMFG how did I not know about this?! This is insane.. A true becoming of waiting 6 years (not me personally) for a real tune and holy *#it it's finally here. And guys, you think about this? The Dart is back on the map. Once more people get tuned, maybe the Dart will get some more attention and maybe we can start seeing more parts, more HP and the Dart might truly end up in the eye of serious modders (i.e. people with clout and sponsors to deck it out hard and crazy fast). So.. Can we start believing in the 400hp 2.4 yet? Probably not, but 235HP N/A? Maybe so in the future since we can finally get something where the tune can be tinkered with and modified specifically for aftermarket bolt ons, and probably pave the way for some fancy parts and things like modified exhaust cams, rings, things up top and bottom.

What a time to be a GT owner :p

#32 ·
Question: I am currently running the RRM 2.4L Spectrum piggyback "tune". If I switch to the Syked ECU Tune, is it recommended to remove the RRM Spectrum and run at OEM to allow the car to learn back to factory before installing the Syked ECU? I would think since I would be swapping the ECU with the Syked purchased one, it should not matter, but would rather be safe then sorry.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

#33 ·
Question: I am currently running the RRM 2.4L Spectrum piggyback "tune". If I switch to the Syked ECU Tune, is it recommended to remove the RRM Spectrum and run at OEM to allow the car to learn back to factory before installing the Syked ECU? I would think since I would be swapping the ECU with the Syked purchased one, it should not matter, but would rather be safe then sorry.

I would just disconnect the battery. From there disconnect the tuner and then go out and drive your car to get an idea of how it feels like "stock". This should also reset everything just by disconnecting, but doing a small drive will give you better piece of mind. You are correct though, it should be fine if you are doing an ECU swap.

#35 ·
This happened to you because of the Syked Tune?

#39 ·
So I have a 2018 Jeep renegade with all stock 2.4l multair and auto 9 speed. my 0-60 is like a whole 9 seconds :(. So my question is, what can really be done? I know Scorpio1137 said he was going to do some dyno runs but he never posted results. Im coming to you bc the Jeep fors are full of off-road guys and Im wanting exactly the opposite. Now dont get me wrong..... I understand my Jeep is by no means a race car or even reletively fast, but i think it would be absolutely awesome/hilarious to have a Jeep renegade that could gap even some stock V6 cars. So what have you guys come up with for the darts? Am I gonna need a new tranny or is sub 6 seconds even possible in my Jeep?

#46 ·
He has had a tune for the 2.0 for several years

Reactions: Killraven
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.