Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Syked ECU Tuning: "We are proud to have finally finished breaking the gpec3 pcm for the 2.4l tigershark engine. This e fine is equipped in several jeep models and also the Dodge Dart. This video shows us reading a modified file out and overlaying the changes to a stock file. We plan to release a tune very shortly and also software support so you can custom tune your own car/jeep. "

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Syked ECU Tuning: "We are proud to have finally finished breaking the gpec3 pcm for the 2.4l tigershark engine. This e fine is equipped in several jeep models and also the Dodge Dart. This video shows us reading a modified file out and overlaying the changes to a stock file. We plan to release a tune very shortly and also software support so you can custom tune your own car/jeep. "
Can't wait to find out what this is capable of, and what a tunable 2.4L Tigershark can put out.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't wait to find out what this is capable of, and what a tunable 2.4L Tigershark can put out.

I think we can finally hit that claimed number of 210 crank hp that Mopar has teased us with when they launched the Dart! That's really all I want to be happy.

I also think this will help keep our engines safe. I have a feeling that many of us are running too lean with our basic bolt on mods.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I think we can finally hit that claimed number of 210 crank hp that Mopar has teased us with when they launched the Dart! That's really all I want to be happy.

I also think this will help keep our engines safe. I have a feeling that many of us are running too lean with our basic bolt on mods.
Is that 210 crank with CAI and MPx Header & Exhaust as I believe was referenced for this tune previously. I wonder if it makes more sense for me to get the Header/Exhaust first.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is that 210 crank with CAI and MPx Header & Exhaust as I believe was referenced for this tune previously. I wonder if it makes more sense for me to get the Header/Exhaust first.

Personally, I planned on getting the exhaust and headers first. (Still backordered) Those mods will really shine when paired with a proper tune!

·
Registered
47 Posts

I have the injen CAI, bored TB, summit cat back exhaust, both lightwieght pullys and my AFR gauge says I'm pulling 11.9-12.8 at WOT 14.6 cruising.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Once we can custom tune, I'm having my cam reprofiled(unless I can get one made thats like a stage 1 or 2 cam) my head port and polished, maybe bronze guides and the better springs MTD has. Hopefully the MPx intake manifold os around the corner.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the injen CAI, bored TB, summit cat back exhaust, both lightwieght pullys and my AFR gauge says I'm pulling 11.9-12.8 at WOT 14.6 cruising.
That is good news to hear! I really need to install an AFR gauge and see where I am at.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The Mopar claim of 210 crank was CAI, Exhaust, and premium fuel tune. With the header you should be able to squeeze a bit more power out of it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Oh Em Gee!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well my turbo plans just got a little more exciting. I thought I was going to have to use this AEM FIC. Good thing I haven't cut into the wiring yet :cool2: I'll have to contact them to see what they can do for me.

Update (didn't want to double post):
I talked with Syked. He didn't seem very interested in tuning it for adding a turbo. Maybe if we had enough people interested in it?

Here's the turbo I plan on putting in (its a Garrett GTX2860R Twinscroll):
IMG_1374.jpg

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well my turbo plans just got a little more exciting. I thought I was going to have to use this AEM FIC. Good thing I haven't cut into the wiring yet :cool2: I'll have to contact them to see what they can do for me.

Update (didn't want to double post):
I talked with Syked. He didn't seem very interested in tuning it for adding a turbo. Maybe if we had enough people interested in it?

Here's the turbo I plan on putting in (its a Garrett GTX2860R Twinscroll):
View attachment 117544
There's not a true way he could tune your car from a distance, at least not well. He mentioned in the past you'd have to either go to him or fly him out to you. AEM would still be your best bet tbh and get a tuner to help you out.

Also do you have the 1.4 or 2.4? Because your info says 1.4, if that's teh case he already had a 1.4 tune out

·
Registered
30 Posts
From an amateur consumer perspective... Am I better served buying this or the Road Race Spectrum? I was under the impression that the latter would grow with me as I add more mods. I currently only have an aftermarket CAI, but would like to get lighter pulleys, a ported throttle body, and MPx Header + Exhaust as time goes on.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
From an amateur consumer perspective... Am I better served buying this or the Road Race Spectrum? I was under the impression that the latter would grow with me as I add more mods. I currently only have an aftermarket CAI, but would like to get lighter pulleys, a ported throttle body, and MPx Header + Exhaust as time goes on.
A true tune will 100% be better than the spectrum tuner.

This is coming from someone who has had the spectrum tuner on my car for 2 years. Once the Syked tune is released I’ll be switching and selling my spectrum

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Take the wait and see approach. Let people provide feedback on the Syked Stage 1 & see what the Stage 2 is and what MPx mods it is tuned to run with. Also, this was just recently cracked so it will be interesting to see if these tunes impact any other of the cars systems.

I currently have the RRM Spectrum and love it. I am very interested in the Sykes Stage 2, but I am going to get the MPx Header/Cat/Exhaust first and then go from there. Figure out what you want the end state of your Dart to be, and then make decision of "tune" based on that.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
A true tune will 100% be better than the spectrum tuner.

This is coming from someone who has had the spectrum tuner on my car for 2 years. Once the Syked tune is released I’ll be switching and selling my spectrum
Fingers crossed that this will deliver everything us Dart owners always hoped. I would also be more than happy to make the swap as well.

·
Registered
701 Posts
As soon as the "stage 2" tune is available to buy, I will get it. I would have love to get the intake manifold before hand but it should be possible to tune the car with his eliminator cable and tuning suite later.

Also, before even installing the tune I will try to get some dyno time to compare a full bolt-on with stock tune vs sprectrum tuner vs syked tune.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts