Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 SXT 2.4L and want to get an exhaust, I'm looking for something that has a deep more aggressive tone. I don't care if its loud i just want it to sound nice and don't care how much it is. I plan on building her nicely and not doing anything cheap. Ive researched videos on youtube and have been leaning towards the magna flow or the flowmaster but every thing sounds similar in the videos and was looking for a in person view.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Get the MPX header and exhaust kit if you want something louder, they have some vids on their store page on how it sound

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd say the MPx Header and Dual Exhaust package. It goes for 959.00 on MPx website. I've heard the header alone with a stock exhaust sounds horrible, really raspy and tin-like. If you get the header, get an aftermarket exhaust. Personally, I have the header with the MPx exhaust and it has a deep idle tone with a sporty tone up in the high rpms. I've also heard a few guys say the new summit racing exhaust sounds good, but I can't personally vouch for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd say the MPx Header and Dual Exhaust package. It goes for 959.00 on MPx website. I've heard the header alone with a stock exhaust sounds horrible, really raspy and tin-like. If you get the header, get an aftermarket exhaust. Personally, I have the header with the MPx exhaust and it has a deep idle tone with a sporty tone up in the high rpms. I've also heard a few guys say the new summit racing exhaust sounds good, but I can't personally vouch for it.
Could you send me a clip of yours, the one on the website you can't really hear much

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you dont mind being heard for 2 city blocks under medium throttle and having constant drone get the mpx header and any reso-less or glasspack exhaust system.

If you want something louder and more aggressive than stock but zero drone get the mopar catback. Its pretty awesome.

I have the mpx header and mopar catback and even with the straight through resos on the mopar catback she's loud and raspy as balls. Can hear me from a block or two away. I also have slight but manageable drone at highway speeds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you dont mind being heard for 2 city blocks under medium throttle and having constant drone get the mpx header and any reso-less or glasspack exhaust system.

If you want something louder and more aggressive than stock but zero drone get the mopar catback. Its pretty awesome.

I have the mpx header and mopar catback and even with the straight through resos on the mopar catback she's loud and raspy as balls. Can hear me from a block or two away. I also have slight but manageable drone at highway speeds.
I heard the mopar catback without the mpx header and it sounds really good that seems like what I'm looking for, a little louder than stock and a nice aggressive tone. DO the headers just make it louder or do they make it sound even better?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I heard the mopar catback without the mpx header and it sounds really good that seems like what I'm looking for, a little louder than stock and a nice aggressive tone. DO the headers just make it louder or do they make it sound even better?
They make it WAAAAY louder, raspier and fairly ricey.

Like warmed up idle after it's fully broken in isnt bad but under throttle she's loud and droney as heck. The combo would sound great if Dodge had made an SRT-4 Dart, cause that thing would have actually been fast. Loud as balls and fast, sure Loud as balls and slow nawwww fam.

Honestly just stick with the mopar catback. 0 Drone, nice aggressive refined tone compared to other exhausts for the Dart. Only downside is it's way more expensive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They make it WAAAAY louder, raspier and fairly ricey.

Like warmed up idle after it's fully broken in isnt bad but under throttle she's loud and droney as heck. The combo would sound great if Dodge had made an SRT-4 Dart, cause that thing would have actually been fast. Loud as balls and fast, sure Loud as balls and slow nawwww fam.

Honestly just stick with the mopar catback. 0 Drone, nice aggressive refined tone compared to other exhausts for the Dart. Only downside is it's way more expensive.
okay ya like i said thats exactly what I'm looking for, i don't mind spending the money as long as it sounds meaner and not like a honda civic lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
not sure if you picked an exhaust yet but this is my gt with the mpx header and flowmaster exhaust, not really raspy once it's warmed up but it bangs and pops a lot when letting off the gas and shifting 1-2 and 2-3

I cant post link the forums wont let me but pm me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts