Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm selling my dart soon so I have some questions about getting smog ready. I had an aftermarket performance flashed ECU installed and I've already put the stock one back in. I thought driving 70 miles would have been enough but it failed its first smog test because the ECU still had open emmission monitors. Does anyone have a recommended drive patern for the monitors to close? One thing I've noticed too is when the key is on ignition (with the engine still off) the dash runs through its checks and I've always seen the CEL (check engine light) on untill I start my engine but I've noticed it'll start flashing after about 10 seconds. When I start the engine the CEL goes away, could it be an indication that some sensor check has faild but the car runs just fine or an indicatoe that it's monitors are still reading?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you alpinegreenneon I'll start on that list. I noticed that the blinking CEL before I start my engine has stopped, its stays solid now and still goes away when I start the engine.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Thank you alpinegreenneon I'll start on that list. I noticed that the blinking CEL before I start my engine has stopped, its stays solid now and still goes away when I start the engine.
Best bet is to either stop at an AutoZone that does code scanning or buy a BT OBD adapter if you don't have one so you can check the readiness monitors before taking it back in. I just got my 2013 smogged for the first time a couple days ago. But I had to do all the monitor stuff. It took me a couple cold start drives one with the gas tank just under 3/4 and then it seemed like the EVAP came online finally after I was just under 1/4 tank. CA allows the EVAP to be the only one not ready but it seems a lot of stations refuse to do it if they aren't all ready. Not sure why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts