Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Dart family!

Recently purchased the first actual tune offered for the 2.0 platform. Should Have it in by this weekend (Hopefully) and I'll be doing a full review of it once it's installed. Of course the Dyno Sheets have already been posted, and can be found on Modernperformance.com. Thanks to Kevin for the help and information on it.

Mostly, I'll just give first impressions and my opinion on it. Maybe a video or two as well.

IMG_4135.JPG
IG: The_skye_Dart

EDIT: Sorry the picture won't rotate back. Not sure how to do it

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
lol I actually don't think so. I think now they are just more of a "facebook" user. That's how most of them happen to be anyways. He's been on here for a while, but maybe just does not visit as often anymore.
you would think news this exciting and ground breaking would be broadcast to the dart world everywhere, not just facebook

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
you would think news this exciting and ground breaking would be broadcast to the dart world everywhere, not just facebook
my point exactly, and I'm more than sure the company wants him posting reviews since he's one of the first to get it. but obviously not if theres issues.

*eating popcorn, patiently waiting*

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Also, why bother with the effort of posting here that you got something new and then post nothing afterwards? C'mon @KYHMAN all your fellow 2.0 owners are impatiently waiting for your verdict! :smile:

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
my point exactly, and I'm more than sure the company wants him posting reviews since he's one of the first to get it. but obviously not if theres issues.

*eating popcorn, patiently waiting*
Since this is posted in the 2.0 section...

Syked does not seem to have a strong following here on the .org from the view of my user self. It's very strongly EC and our other supporting vendors like RoadRace, Madness, etc. He makes good stuff, and is very well known in the Neon market. He currently has a 1.4t tune on the market as well, that most of the facebook guys are all over. However, based on results it still seems that EC's tune is superior. And they have also been in this market of the 1.4t European engine far longer than he has. I think in that route, the path is clear.

However Kevin is very good with these NA engines. And, he's the only one in the market. I have not heard any ill results from this tune yet. And he's not just the test car, it's already out for sale so the testing portion has been done. It's released. It just seems that Kevin does not see the .org as a very valuable source for sharing his product. His loss. I guess he will just rely on his customers to post here about it, but that also does not seem to be going very well. Facebook is probably doing good enough for him. I moved another post like this into the MPx section for modernceo to talk about and share more info (dynos, price, results, etc), but I don't think much came about that either. What do I know. I just moderate.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm back! Sorry fam! I've been busy enjoying the tune.

So here's what i think first and foremost...

100%.... WORTH IT.

Not everything below I do on a normal basis, but i'm sure some people do, so i've tried everything I could think of. If you have another Idea for me to test or try I will be more than happy to and share the results with you.

Also, I know the car isn't crazy fast now or some track monster. But it is considerably more fun.

ANYWAYS, getting on with it....
The throttle lag is completely gone. (I also have a go pedal and pulley) but it's gone.

There's no code thrown with it which is also a plus.

The car pulls much harder through all gears. Most noticeably in 3rd from 55mph+. 6th gear is no longer a useless coasting gear. I can comfortably pass people from 65mph onward without downshifting.

I've hit 100+ mph without even noticing a few times now. Because at half to 3/4 throttle I'm accelerating at what would be WOT before the tune.

I've had to be careful though. I've got brand new tires on and they break loose sometimes when i get on it in 1st. So i've started in 2nd gear from complete stops. Especially when it's wet.

The speed limiter is gone as well as the rev limiter and (yes I know it's frowned upon by some, but oh well its fun! It's about enjoying it!) When you try and "launch" the car, the limiter no longer keeps The RPMs from going past 2k. they climb up to about 3.5k before the car lurches forward. I guess it counts as a launch for those who are into that.

Also, for those who like to show off how loud their car is or how well their exhaust sounds, blipping the throttle will make it redline instead of slowly climbing to around 4k rpm. I'll try and get a video uploaded to youtube tomorrow and post the link in this thread.

For gas I'm currently running 93 Octane BP gasoline. I'm switching between that and a local thornton's 92 octane. Trying to decide what runs better (yes I've noticed a big difference between the two.)

Aside from Gas being expensive... it's totally worth the money, above all other aftermarket parts.

/....also don't know if this was part of the tune or just me, but car no longer does the weird gear skip thing where it doesn't know what gear it wants to be in. Also, car redlines in 1st, 2nd, 3rd in manual mode 600-900 rpm past redline.

I love driving the car now. Much more fun to be had.

This is all I've noticed thus far.

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
@KYHMAN, this was without the MPx header correct? If without it should be noted that one could only expect more gains from the MPx header + Sykes 2.0L header tune.

Either way, much obliged for the review!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@KYHMAN, this was without the MPx header correct? If without it should be noted that one could only expect more gains from the MPx header + Sykes 2.0L header tune.

Either way, much obliged for the review!
Yes, you are correct, or that is what they dyno sheets say.

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
@KYHMAN when you keep it in "D" and hit red line will the transmission bounce off the rev-limiter and head to the next gear automatically? I know you said the rev-limiter is gone, but for the safety of the transmission and the engine if you are in "D" the transmission should still bounce off and shift to the next gear. Hence why it is an "automatic transmission". Wanted to get some clarity; not only for myself, but for the .org as a whole.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@KYHMAN when you keep it in "D" and hit red line will the transmission bounce off the rev-limiter and head to the next gear automatically? I know you said the rev-limiter is gone, but for the safety of the transmission and the engine if you are in "D" the transmission should still bounce off and shift to the next gear. Hence why it is an "automatic transmission". Wanted to get some clarity; not only for myself, but for the .org as a whole.
rev limiter was only removed in neutral and when applying the brake simultaneously from a stop.

The cars automatic shift points are still the same. between 6k and 6500 for me. Edit: at WOT

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
Thanks for the update @KYHMAN, really gives a better understanding of the tune. Much obliged!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
what is the install process of the pcm?
From what I heard it's pretty easy. Disconnect the battery, remove a few bolts, unplug ECM. Repeat to install the new one

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
15 Participants
CanadianGuitar
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing