Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
You don't need to pull the trans to install the CDV and you should have done it a long time ago. You are probably not far from needing to replace the clutch because you haven't installed the CDV.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm at 92k last I checked and replaced my clutch at probably around 80k. Did the CDV at around 75k, wish I would have done it sooner....

·
Super Moderator
4,526 Posts
You don't need to pull the trans to install the CDV and you should have done it a long time ago. You are probably not far from needing to replace the clutch because you haven't installed the CDV.
I'm at 92k last I checked and replaced my clutch at probably around 80k. Did the CDV at around 75k, wish I would have done it sooner....
I think the beginning of this thread is pretty good proof that CDV may not cause clutch failure ALL the time. What, 3 members on here over 150k on the OEM clutch and no CDV. Now there is a lot of evidence that there are members with early failure, so it probably is correlated. Just have to factor in driving styles. I spend 90% of my driving on the highway. Users that do more city driving, and clutch work, will probably be those seeing failure early. To rack up over 100k, and actually over 200k, you have to be a long commute driver. I know the 13s have been out for a while now, but between my first dart, my current dart, and my new winter vehicle (and all the rentals in between), I think I am just around 90k. I have a decent commute for work, and used to commute a lot for friends. So it makes sense that the high milers have not seen this, as they probably spend most of those miles on the highway.

I do want to add to this thread though, there is someone on FB, and he has over 200k I believe. He said that he has been to every drivable state in the US in his dart. It's a 1.4 manual I think

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2.4 Dart Limited I purchased new, no major issues, just routine maintenance, oil change at 5k and done the transmission drain and fill at 120k . I do mainly highway due to a long commute,

I currently have 192,000 miles - I have the 6 speed automatic.

only drawback now is my trade in value stinks - dealer offered me 1,500 and it's still in great shape, so will keep it for my oldest daughter who will be driving in a year. can't get a car that's not hunk of rust for that price.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a 2.4 Dart Limited I purchased new, no major issues, just routine maintenance, oil change at 5k and done the transmission drain and fill at 120k . I do mainly highway due to a long commute,

I currently have 192,000 miles - I have the 6 speed automatic.

only drawback now is my trade in value stinks - dealer offered me 1,500 and it's still in great shape, so will keep it for my oldest daughter who will be driving in a year. can't get a car that's not hunk of rust for that price.
Did you have to replace your struts/shocks? What about your wheel bearings? CV joints? Break fluid? Calipers?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Did you have to replace your struts/shocks? What about your wheel bearings? CV joints? Break fluid? Calipers?
I think a lot of that stuff is gonna be dependent on the climate you live in, and how you drive the vehicle. I'll be hitting 220,000 miles next month. Still has the stock struts/springs, wheel bearings, CV joints, and calipers. As your brakes wear, you will probably want to add some brake fluid to maintain the correct level, and at some point you'll want to bleed the brakes to put fresh fluid in them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So i am wondering what is the highest mileage Dart. I have a 2013 SXT 2.0 auto with 203000. The only thing that i have replaced are Tires, Headlites Sparkplugs. I've owned this new

21 - 27 of 27 Posts