Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 turbo sport. I have $1500 to spend. Looking to get my most out performance out of my money. I only have done a few cosmetic things so far.
How would you spend it?

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
I have a 16 turbo sport. I have $1500 to spend. Looking to get my most out performance out of my money. I only have done a few cosmetic things so far.
How would you spend it?
Intake, exhaust, intercooler pipes, motor mounts, lightweight crank pulley, cdv delete (if you have a manual) larger intercooler, coilpacks, and a tune...

Sent using a rotary phone

·
Registered
46 Posts
Find a way to drop a SRT4 Skittle 2.4 Turbo in these things. Then, you would have a rally machine.

Put the money in a money market account so it can grow instead on going to waste since you can't do much with a 1.4 Fiat Abarth motor in a 3300 lb tub.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know where to get a larger intercooler. I attempted to order one from Sila concepts but they ran my card twice then emailed me saying they dont carry them for the dart anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Anyone know where to get a larger intercooler. I attempted to order one from Sila concepts but they ran my card twice then emailed me saying they dont carry them for the dart anymore.
Don't waste your time with that intercooler... It's WAAAAAY to big for our engines. It almost triples the pressure systems volume. Just go with an intercooler from eBay... That's what many people, including myself, have done. It is cheaper and easier. When it come right down to it... And intercooler is an intercooler and the only thing that changes is the size/volume.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't waste your time with that intercooler... It's WAAAAAY to big for our engines. It almost triples the pressure systems volume. Just go with an intercooler from eBay... That's what many people, including myself, have done. It is cheaper and easier. When it come right down to it... And intercooler is an intercooler and the only thing that changes is the size/volume.

Is there a build page so I can get a idea of what parts I might need to get my hands on?

·
Registered
242 Posts
get the needswings intercooler and pipes... well worth it.... dont get the blow off valve option tho... you'll spend about 1100 bucks but its a direct swap and bolts in like factory.. or put 1500 bucks on your car loan would be smarter

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
All of his photos are no longer working.

I have them, but the ones for the back are a waste of money.
He should have written out what he bought... The majority of it is all on eBay. An intercooler is an intercooler, it doesn't matter where you get it from. What does matter is the volume it adds to your pressure system. Too much and turbo lag is terrible too little and it's pointless. Unfortunately, the one from needs wings is too big and should be used on a car that can use a much larger turbo which ours cannot. I'll try and look back and see what size I bought because I copied starscreams build.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He should have written out what he bought... The majority of it is all on eBay. An intercooler is an intercooler, it doesn't matter where you get it from. What does matter is the volume it adds to your pressure system. Too much and turbo lag is terrible too little and it's pointless. Unfortunately, the one from needs wings is too big and should be used on a car that can use a much larger turbo which ours cannot. I'll try and look back and see what size I bought because I copied starscreams build.

Yep I found it. I didn't go back far enough. The intercooler I was looking at has a core size of 17.5" x 11.75" x 3.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Yep I found it. I didn't go back far enough. The intercooler I was looking at has a core size of 17.5" x 11.75" x 3.
Yeah I went with the 2.5" thick one.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Best bang for the buck mods I did to mine would probably be:
Tune.
HPSI intercooler pipes.
Ebay intercooler (about twice the size of the current one).

Those 3 things should get you close to $1,500 spent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts