Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fam!!
Can somebody please help me out with a solution??
I have a 2013 Dart Limited 1.4 turbo it has 87,113 miles.
I recently put a cold air intake cone on it. (JUST THE CONE).
it's definitely a little more snappier with good response. And you can hear the BOV alot now. But last week I noticed the clamp that's on the hose/tube coming off the turbo to the airbox hose was broke and wasnt connected. So put a regular hose clamp on it and it's on there right does not move and is in the right position. Every day my gas mileage declines horrible. I'm right now averaging 7.2 mpg and dropping. Can anybody please tell me why? I checked all the little vaccuums and others connected to the whole thing and I do not see any years or anything wrong. It runs great. Just really bad MPG! I would greatly appreciate it if somebody has any info on this or had this problem!!

Please end this misery lol. I have to drive atleast 50miles a day just to work and back. And I run 89 so 3$ a gallon. It's killing me!!

·
Super Moderator
4,809 Posts
Hello Fam!!
Can somebody please help me out with a solution??
I have a 2013 Dart Limited 1.4 turbo it has 87,113 miles.
I recently put a cold air intake cone on it. (JUST THE CONE).
it's definitely a little more snappier with good response. And you can hear the BOV alot now. But last week I noticed the clamp that's on the hose/tube coming off the turbo to the airbox hose was broke and wasnt connected. So put a regular hose clamp on it and it's on there right does not move and is in the right position. Every day my gas mileage declines horrible. I'm right now averaging 7.2 mpg and dropping. Can anybody please tell me why? I checked all the little vaccuums and others connected to the whole thing and I do not see any years or anything wrong. It runs great. Just really bad MPG! I would greatly appreciate it if somebody has any info on this or had this problem!!

Please end this misery lol. I have to drive atleast 50miles a day just to work and back. And I run 89 so 3$ a gallon. It's killing me!!
Well the turbo does say 91 "recommended" but 87 should be fine. So 89 I think is just a waste if you're not just getting premium. Regardless, why don't you add the stock air box back? Just for a tank or 2 and see what happens. If you're getting 7.2MPGs, something is extremely wrong. And honestly it's probably not the filter. But since you did that and now you're getting bad MPGs, that would be my first step. But even before that, check your brakes. It's possible your calipers are freezing up and sticking. Causing you to drag your brakes. Go for a quick 15 minute drive around and don't brake too hard or too much. Then go around and feel your brakes. If one or a few of them are extremely hot while the others are still cool to the touch, you have a sticking caliper. This happened to me on my rear driver side. The parking brake assembly froze up and wouldn't let go of the brake all the way. Just a quick 5 minute drive to the gym, my wheel was radiating so much heat.

I do think if it was the brakes, you would have known. Stong brake smell, and your pads and rotors would likely be gone after 50 miles a day of that. But something to check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the turbo does say 91 "recommended" but 87 should be fine. So 89 I think is just a waste if you're not just getting premium. Regardless, why don't you add the stock air box back? Just for a tank or 2 and see what happens. If you're getting 7.2MPGs, something is extremely wrong. And honestly it's probably not the filter. But since you did that and now you're getting bad MPGs, that would be my first step. But even before that, check your brakes. It's possible your calipers are freezing up and sticking. Causing you to drag your brakes. Go for a quick 15 minute drive around and don't brake too hard or too much. Then go around and feel your brakes. If one or a few of them are extremely hot while the others are still cool to the touch, you have a sticking caliper. This happened to me on my rear driver side. The parking brake assembly froze up and wouldn't let go of the brake all the way. Just a quick 5 minute drive to the gym, my wheel was radiating so much heat.

I do think if it was the brakes, you would have known. Stong brake smell, and your pads and rotors would likely be gone after 50 miles a day of that. But something to check.
Thank you! I'm putting the stock bskc on today. And about the brakes! I never thought of that lol I appreciate that. Bc my brakes and rotors are bad right now. Money being tight ya know. But I get the smell and the rumble at faster slow downs. So I bet that could.be it! Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts