Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I normally post in the maintenance section because I’m always trying to figure out if I can fix my car on my own but this time it’s good news: my Darty made it to 100,000 miles! Whoo.. lately it’s been touch and go but I finally have her all fixed up except for a minor issue so she’s doing good! Is there anyone else who made it to this milestone? I bought Big Blue in March 2013 and I hope she can take a licking and keep on ticking...thanks to all those who have helped me over the past months, it is much appreciated. Thanks for all the encouragement, you make me feel as if I can do my small projects. A special thanks to alpinegreenneon who always offers help without judgement. And thanks to Mullino!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well, I normally post in the maintenance section because I’m always trying to figure out if I can fix my car on my own but this time it’s good news: my Darty made it to 100,000 miles! Whoo.. lately it’s been touch and go but I finally have her all fixed up except for a minor issue so she’s doing good! Is there anyone else who made it to this milestone? I bought Big Blue in March 2013 and I hope she can take a licking and keep on ticking...thanks to all those who have helped me over the past months, it is much appreciated. Thanks for all the encouragement, you make me feel as if I can do my small projects. A special thanks to alpinegreenneon who always offers help without judgement. And thanks to Mullino!!!
I'm almost to 104K there are a lot of people well over 100K and some into the 200's. I just do regular mantainence. Oil/Filter changes every 5K (Pennzoil Euro Platinum), plugs every 30K (NGK Iridium). I changed the DDCT fluid around 80K I''ll probably do it again at 130K.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that’s good to know! I’m glad to see others making it here and beyond then I know she’ll carry me maybe forever lol

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It's amazing how time flies. I got my Dart in 2014, can't believe it's been 6 years already. I'm only at 67k due to my short work commute. Still just oil changes, new battery, and spark plugs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ha ha, I was planning to start a thread with the same title since I plan to hit that milestone later this summer. My 2014 SXT with 6 spd manual has been pretty good overall. I have put 46k miles on it in the 20 months I have had it. It is just about to turn 90k on the odometer. The only real squawk was a new clutch at 55k miles, but I suspect the previous owner for the short clutch life. New rear wheel bearings and that is about all the repair so far. Headlights burn out, but that seems to happen on all cars these days. I am getting ready to do the rear brakes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow that’s some good luck! Everyone talks crap about this car but it’s not that bad; after some thought it’s really wear/tear so I can’t complain. My last car I had for 10yrs way over 100,000 miles but she was good to me and I miss that car everyday. I wished I had taken better care of her but she’s at peace now lol. I have my Darty and we’re getting through! Be sure to post when you hit your milestone but 90k is a great one as well. Good luck to you...

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
It's amazing how time flies. I got my Dart in 2014, can't believe it's been 6 years already. I'm only at 67k due to my short work commute. Still just oil changes, new battery, and spark plugs.
I know, my 2013 still sorta feels like a "new car" to me. Then I realize if the Dart had succeeded and the world hadn't gone insane over stupid useless crossover SUVs, we'd probably at least be talking about the 3rd generation modern era Darts by now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also wonder if they continued with the Dart how would the cars have changed over time. I’m not sure what happened but it seems like the Darts after 2013/14 were not built to the best of their ability. I think it’s because they became so popular they were desperate to put more out and make more money but they dropped the ball somehere. I guess the Dart is resting peacefully. Maybe they’ll bring it back ??Thanks for sharing your story.

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
I also wonder if they continued with the Dart how would the cars have changed over time. I’m not sure what happened but it seems like the Darts after 2013/14 were not built to the best of their ability. I think it’s because they became so popular they were desperate to put more out and make more money but they dropped the ball somehere. I guess the Dart is resting peacefully. Maybe they’ll bring it back ??Thanks for sharing your story.
I don't think 2013 Darts were built to best of anybody's ability, to be honest, and quality increased throughout the Dart's full production run.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I just hit 90k on mine. 2016 SXT 2.4 I think they dropped the ball by not offering one with a v6 or Hemi lol
I think they dropped the ball by not offering a performance model with a 2.0L turbo or a 2.4L turbo. As of now, is there a domestic 4 banger that can compete with the Civic R, WRX, Veloster N, GTI, etc.?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mullino

·
Registered
8 Posts
126K here, still chugging along just fine. Replaced typical wear parts: oil, plugs, pads n rotors, tires, air filter(K&N Typhoon), timing belt n water pump at ~120K(a little early)

Clutch slave cylinder at 80K, coil packs ~90K(Alfa 4C packs from Eurocompulsion), rear shocks ~100K(then again at 120K, never buying Monroe again), rear wheel bearings(Timken), shift cable bushing(Deyeme Racing), rear motor mount(Deyeme Racing)

EDIT: I've got a '13 SE Aero, manual

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cptsimian, Not a lot of options on shocks/struts yet. You said timing belt. Do you have a 1.4L? I also have just completed wheel bearing on my SXT. I used a parts store one last August and it failed in less than a year. I went with the dealer installed Mopar ones (2yr unlimited mile warranty)and so far so good. They also fixed the check engine and no cruise after 62mph issue that happened when I put the parts store wheel bearing on. My water pump is not "weeping yet and I don't have any cooling issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got the 1.4, all Aero's do. I did the timing belt early. The water pump was done because it saves labor costs and time pairing it with the timing belt replacement. Next up is the clutch this summer. Those are some of the things I'll pay to have done.
I bought Sachs shocks the second time, they look exactly like the originals. The ones from Monroe look cheaper and smaller. RockAuto has Monroe, KYB, Mopar, Sachs, and FCS.
I have no issues with the Timken wheel bearings yet. I work in heavy industry and they are everywhere, along with SKF.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I broke 100K about a month ago..... Definitely coming up on time for shocks/struts.... Plan to do the spark plugs, timing belt and water pump in the summer when I finally replace the leaking radiator. That way I only have to replace the coolant once....I need to correct an issue with the front camber before that though....

I've had several cars over the last 22 years.....and this Dart is the only one I've still been excited to drive after (nearly) 2 years.... Got mine used in June 2018 with 85K already on it. When I got it, reliability was questionable. The engine knocked, the engine and transmission both had oil leaks, it barely ran.... Taken a lot of TLC to bring this car back, but totally worth it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got the 1.4, all Aero's do. I did the timing belt early. The water pump was done because it saves labor costs and time pairing it with the timing belt replacement. Next up is the clutch this summer. Those are some of the things I'll pay to have done.
I bought Sachs shocks the second time, they look exactly like the originals. The ones from Monroe look cheaper and smaller. RockAuto has Monroe, KYB, Mopar, Sachs, and FCS.
I have no issues with the Timken wheel bearings yet. I work in heavy industry and they are everywhere, along with SKF.
Ah, I was wondering is SKF were any good. I replaced my struts with the quick change. Overall that seemed the best deal (all new components and assembled), but I would rather had the KYBs. I put one of those on my 89 Mustang (Excel G) in place of the Monroe and it was way stiffer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What do you think of FCS? Surprisingly, I've never heard of them before....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts