Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I simply could not take any more of the oil vapor leaks from the deteriorating plastic oil separator pandoras box..

Purchased up some -10 AN weld on fitting and connectors..
Fabbed up an oil catch can .. $6 Walmart grease strainer.. folded some aluminum and drilled holes in it for baffling, then welded it all up with some AN fittings.
Had redo my intake to make room for the catch can, so it got moved to the abyss in the fender.
Used -8 AN hose for the emissions hose and ran it to the intake.
Capped off the intake manifold, and the cold side turbo pipe.
I just finished it and Ill be driving it tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any questions..

20160518_175531_HDR.jpg 20160518_175622_HDR.jpg 20160518_175543_HDR.jpg 20160519_191535_HDR.jpg 20160525_225350.jpg 20160525_225609.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
What resolution are they now? I need to know if the forum is resizing them.
994x559 some 994x746, the .org re-sizes them by default to fit the thread and keep load levels on an even plain for all users.

@Bullfrog have you clicked on the images to get the full resolution? Or did you want higher res than that?

·
Registered
212 Posts
...and could we see inside the catch can?
The inside of the can is not visible because it's welded closed.
No need to open the can.. It drains by unbolting, and pouring the oil out through one of the AN fittings.

994x559 some 994x746, the .org re-sizes them by default to fit the thread and keep load levels on an even plain for all users.

@Bullfrog have you clicked on the images to get the full resolution? Or did you want higher res than that?
Okay when I get home I'll host them through a photo service and post a link ..

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
The inside of the can is not visible because it's welded closed.
No need to open the can.. It drains by unbolting, and pouring the oil out through one of the AN fittings.
I was curious about how you did the baffling..."Fabbed up an oil catch can .. $6 Walmart grease strainer.. folded some aluminum and drilled holes in it for baffling,"

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was curious about how you did the baffling..."Fabbed up an oil catch can .. $6 Walmart grease strainer.. folded some aluminum and drilled holes in it for baffling,"
No problem,
I'll draw a diagram of exactly what I did, and/or I'll cut the bottom( which is the lid because it's upside down) and open it .

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts

im not getting the option to click on them to resize them. they look static to me, normally i should get a yellow exclamation point and ability to click and make bigger but im not.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It looks like you completely eliminated the PCV vales also. How many miles have you driven it and has it thrown any codes yet?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looks like you completely eliminated the PCV vales also. How many miles have you driven it and has it thrown any codes yet?
Roughly 100 miles no CEL.
I will have about 150 miles by the time I get home today and update the pics.
The valve(s) were integrated into that black plastic box on the valve cover.
I am not sourcing any pressurized air to assist with the crank case ventilation so it is not necessary with 2 independent larger diameter hoses, remote canister and intake vacuum source.
Essentially I simply used a different design.

I had to enlarge the port over cylinder 1 to accommodate the AN10 weld fitting .

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Roughly 100 miles no CEL.
I will have about 150 miles by the time I get home today and update the pics.
The valve(s) were integrated into that black plastic box on the valve cover.
I am not sourcing any pressurized air to assist with the crank case ventilation so it is not necessary with 2 independent larger diameter hoses, remote canister and intake vacuum source.
Essentially I simply used a different design.

I had to enlarge the port over cylinder 1 to accommodate the AN10 weld fitting .
What did you do with the hose that connected from the PCV to the Intake manifold?

55723d1443721225-add-w1-oil-catch-can-install-review-2kyipyr.jpg

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is an up close pic of how i connected the emissions hose using -8AN tube.. basically I just used heat shrink tubing over the end to prevent fraying etc.. and it fits the factory fitting perfectly. 20160526_081124.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
I put a cap on it
View attachment 61563

Let me know if this picture is not good either.

Some of my welds look like hot poo, though I can re-weld them later.
Gotcha, well let us know if anything ends up popping up! Looks pretty good tho, are you going to be doing other mods like ic pipes or the GFB DV+?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No but eventually I may redo the intercooler pipes so that they take a more direct route especially on the cold side.
If you remove the battery tray and relocate the battery you then have space to run the piping at one angle directly from the intercooler to the throttle body.
I am kinda surprised no one has done this yet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is how i made the oil catch can baffling .. It's really quite simple, just kinda strange to explain..
20160526_164133.jpg
At some point I will cut it open when I have some time and do a write up on how it all goes together.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts