Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2013 Dodge Dart rallye with the 1.4l turbo in it. I get regular oil changes and put 89 octane in. If I could afford the 91 I would get it but I live in California so gas is expensive and can’t afford it. Anyways, before I moved to Cali I put regular 87 gas in and it drove great. I got to California and started to slowly put 89 in and everything was fine. I woke up one morning a few months later and the car was misfiring really bad on the cold start and when I drove it, it would misfire under load. Switched some coil packs around and found out it was the coil packs so I replaced those as well as the spark plugs. It drove great for a few days. A few days later and the same thing, it’s misfiring. Same cylinders. Again switched coil packs and the misfire moved with the coil pack. This has happened many times in the last few months and it always boils down to the coil packs. Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be that the wire harness for the coil packs is going out and making the coil packs go bad? Any information would be appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you notice any oil around spark plugs when switching out the coil packs? I've had the same issue, and it was the seal leaking oil down into spark plug tubes. Still happens on cylinder 3 occasionally, even after changing out all the seals in the valve cover. Seems to be worse for me after an oil change. If I pull the spark plug and clean it, problem goes away. Something to consider.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Are you using cheap aftermarket coil packs or oem's from Mopar? Are you using the spark plugs listed in your owners manual?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you notice any oil around spark plugs when switching out the coil packs? I've had the same issue, and it was the seal leaking oil down into spark plug tubes. Still happens on cylinder 3 occasionally, even after changing out all the seals in the valve cover. Seems to be worse for me after an oil change. If I pull the spark plug and clean it, problem goes away. Something to consider.
Originally yes and I did need to replace those seals. I got brand new oem valve cover seal as well as the spark plug tube seals. I do need a new pcv because it has a small crack where it it goes on the valve cover and that leaks a little oil. I will pull the spark plugs out tomorrow before work and look at them and report back. I get paid tomorrow as well so I’m going to order new injectors and a new pcv

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you using cheap aftermarket coil packs or oem's from Mopar? Are you using the spark plugs listed in your owners manual?
At first I was using the oem coil packs but I kept going through them like crazy. I decided to try the ones off of dart madness and it ran great for about a week and a half then started misfiring again. As for the spark plugs I’m using the ones that was provided by oriellys that are meant for my car. Pretty sure they are the ngk iridium spark plugs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also want to mention that there are codes being thrown. One is the P1CEA and I’m pretty sure I just need the ECU update for that. The only time it throws the code for the misfire is on cold starts and it throws the P0303 P0304 or P0300. Sometimes all 3 but not all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts