Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently swapped my stock airbox for a Cold Air Intake, all vaccum lines are nice and sealed up and even did some further fabrication on it to stop this dang boost leak but cant seem to win here. Does anyone have an effective method to stopping all boost leaking out??? I gotta get maximum performance out of this thing, I dont want any whooshing on acceleration, my ford did that, my dodge better not! Thanks guys! ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Go Fast Bits DV+

that would be a good start

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4T
3,639 Posts
I've recently swapped my stock airbox for a Cold Air Intake, all vaccum lines are nice and sealed up and even did some further fabrication on it to stop this dang boost leak but cant seem to win here. Does anyone have an effective method to stopping all boost leaking out??? I gotta get maximum performance out of this thing, I dont want any whooshing on acceleration, my ford did that, my dodge better not! Thanks guys! ;)
The problem may not be with your intake... there may be something loose else where causing the boost leak. And you have to clarify for me because my car whooshes on acceleration but that is just the turbo spooling. When you swap from the stock air box to a CAI the sounds from the intake and the turbo are more pronounced... Which may be leading you to think that you have a boost leak. Please if you can post some pictures of what you have done and we can collectively pool our knowledge to see if there is something wrong! I would recommend staying away from Tork's boost leak fix as it causes a different problem down the road.

Reactions: pkgmsu2000

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huh... I guess I had Fixed It then, I ran my 90 degree line from the T to the intake then placed a 90 degree reducing check valve that you might see on brake boosters on from the tube after cutting the 90 off and replacing it with that check valve. I'll post a pic a bit later but it actually worked... The whooshing sound was coming in at 1200-1600 rpms and i know for a fact the turbo wont spool that low. Now we're starting to spool at 2400. I guess I've gotten too used to the Turbo Diesel Sound where we get a perfect whistle. Do you maybe know how to get a smoother sound? Is there any mods for that?

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
Does anyone have an audio or video clip of the turbo spooling with this??? I've heard about it but unsure whether or not I want to spend too much money on it.
Its worth every penny! heres my car with the intake, DV+, ic pipes and forge plate

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
Yeah I can definitely tell! that sounds sweet! you mind me asking what that ran cost wise? and was the boost guage hard to install? I'm new to the turbo dart life lol...
Thank you! but lets see... the Intake was a custom build and costed around $200, the DV+ and forge plate come in a package at MPx for $209, the IC pipes i got from MPx for $180 and the lightweight pulley i got from RRM for $250... The boost gauge was not that hard to install as long as you get a Throttle body spacer from Dart Madness... it comes with a threaded port on it and fittings for vacuum hose, so you dont have to cut stock lines and you'll get the most accurate reading. The hardest part of the gauge was getting the wire harness through the firewall, but once you find the spot its not too bad. FYI, the gauge pod that i have was custom made as well and if your interested in one i may be able to get a hold of another for $30. if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me!

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Thank you! but lets see... the Intake was a custom build and costed around $200, the DV+ and forge plate come in a package at MPx for $209, the IC pipes i got from MPx for $180 and the lightweight pulley i got from RRM for $250... The boost gauge was not that hard to install as long as you get a Throttle body spacer from Dart Madness... it comes with a threaded port on it and fittings for vacuum hose, so you dont have to cut stock lines and you'll get the most accurate reading. The hardest part of the gauge was getting the wire harness through the firewall, but once you find the spot its not too bad. FYI, the gauge pod that i have was custom made as well and if your interested in one i may be able to get a hold of another for $30. if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me!
your gauge pod is pretty darn cool, you should post those pics in here too

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
Here are some more pictures of the pod!

Windshield Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Helmet Personal protective equipment Automotive exterior Auto part

Auto part Vehicle Vehicle door Automotive tire Automotive exterior

i did have to bondo it and sand due to a hole when being created... then i hit it with plasti-dip... my buddy (who made it) is re-working the setup so that it wont have any holes or problems!
Sent from my HTC M9 using DodgeDart

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Huh... I guess I had Fixed It then, I ran my 90 degree line from the T to the intake then placed a 90 degree reducing check valve that you might see on brake boosters on from the tube after cutting the 90 off and replacing it with that check valve. I'll post a pic a bit later but it actually worked... The whooshing sound was coming in at 1200-1600 rpms and i know for a fact the turbo wont spool that low. Now we're starting to spool at 2400. I guess I've gotten too used to the Turbo Diesel Sound where we get a perfect whistle. Do you maybe know how to get a smoother sound? Is there any mods for that?
If this is the sound you're hearing then it's normal for this particular turbo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts