Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

2013 Limited 1.4 so...one week ago , when I started car trying to move shifter to D , car did not respond .It runs but I cannot engage transmission to the gear , either R or D, N.
Produced code - U0401 .
Now the most interesting part , once you manually moved cable under the hood from P to R or D it works and car drives as usual , absolutely perfect and I can shift between all gears along from D to R and vice versa , but when I back to P position problem back again and I cannot engage transmission .

If someone's run into this problem before , please advise or if topic was in the past , please refer to .

Thank you in advance

Alex

·
Super Moderator
4,607 Posts
Have you had the shift bushing recall done?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No , I did not
Just input my vin on mopar website and recall
19V-293 came up , let me try to call and request it

Thank you for prompt response!
I will provide update.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok , of course dealership in VA made it up and yes acknowledged recall but
shortly after called that cable and shifter assembly has to replaced as well and cable is under recall and has to be paid separately ...

Vehicle was fine for 2 months ,

yesterday started and ..message popped up on screen ''Service Transmission '' , yes you can engaged gear but on screen shifter indicator flashes and vehicle does not move .
Engine light is on
Engine code- P1CC0

Any advise ?
My mechanic has got covid19 and will be while when he backs to work ...

Appreciate any hints

·
Super Moderator
4,607 Posts
You do not need the entire shifter cable and shifter, just the bushing. Stay away from that dealer. Your code says the hydraulic pump is stuck. That can be replaced without removing the trans.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeep Chrysler Dodge Dealer in Alexandria , VA
I did my homework before turning car into them , but they tricked me old way ....I am not only one I guess...

Thank you , Do you know location of hydraulic pump ?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,607 Posts

Reactions: alexaus
1 - 9 of 9 Posts