Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
ditto, from my automatic transmission spreadsheet findings, when I had only 2 AGS fins setup like this:

----- XXXX
XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX
XXXX ------

The average temp was 139.03.

Now with them set up currently like this:

---- ----
xxxx ----
xxxx ----
---- ----

the average temp so far (since 09/12) was 153.225.

This is on a 2.0L with the Power-tech. I think a 0 AGS mod would work wonders on all Darts to be perfectly honest. If there was a way to get this to work, it would cool down the bay. The best part about this is when I was running with only the 2 AGS fins I was able to get just as good if not better MPG's as I did with all of the fins installed. So, I think we are all onto something that will benefit the whole community.
Thanks of the info, 20 F drop should help to cool it down, I'm thinking to install hood vents too, I'll be removing all of them except one on top and bottom :D

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Thanks of the info, 20 F drop should help to cool it down, I'm thinking to install hood vents too, I'll be removing all of them except one on top and bottom :D
Also try the oil drain panel removal from the aero plate, that is showing huge drops in temps.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Hey Guys! Sorry for the long absence :/. Life has been crazy and I haven't been able to print and test my mod. In order to further the mod community I have put it on sculpteo for anyone to print and modify. 'agsmodel_revision6' | 3D Printing | Sculpteo
That is awesome, we used to service a type of 3D printer at my work, and we had once until we didn't renew the contract. It's a shame we don't have it anymore or I'd start printing up a few sets for us out there.

Maybe someone will have access to one and make a few sets for us. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
That is awesome, we used to service a type of 3D printer at my work, and we had once until we didn't renew the contract. It's a shame we don't have it anymore or I'd start printing up a few sets for us out there.

Maybe someone will have access to one and make a few sets for us. :)
You can print them right from the site too. prices are pretty reasonable for what you get. I stopped revising after 6th iteration because my sisters boyfriend drove my car and lost the module driving like an ass. If I can ever get around to buying another module I will continue working on it.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
You can print them right from the site too. prices are pretty reasonable for what you get. I stopped revising after 6th iteration because my sisters boyfriend drove my car and lost the module driving like an ass. If I can ever get around to buying another module I will continue working on it.
I hope he was a close friend of yours. If anyone drove my car like an ass without me saying they could, they would be dead in a heartbeat. lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Judging by the model. It looks like its bolted on.
Its free floating and the two sides screw together. The pins sit in existing holes on the AGS motor module for structural support since the motor applies a decent amount of torque and would just pull a pressure fit design right off. The design doesn't require any modification to the AGS motor or casing.

Couple questions about the AGS fins, what speed and temperature do they open at? And do they open slowly or snap open/closed?
They open/close slowly but with a decent force. I can't speak to the speed and temperature.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
@anocweb is the uploaded model already at proper specifications? Just wondering, so if I order it through the Sculpteo, I'd be able to install it with the AGS fins it in once I receive it from the site?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
@anocweb is the uploaded model already at proper specifications? Just wondering, so if I order it through the Sculpteo, I'd be able to install it with the AGS fins it in once I receive it from the site?
It *should* be. I measured everything out during the design and the scale is set to match the measurements in the sketch up file. It kinda goes without saying though, free and untested things cant be guaranteed lol.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
@anocweb understood and completely agreed with that. I will take the jump here shortly and try and test here after vacation

21 - 40 of 47 Posts