Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of the things I have been working on is removing the entire AGS assembly to improve the airflow to my intercooler. I built a prototype using some scrap material and removed all the framing for it and mounted the ags motor in a spare area. So far, with a few thousand k, I have had 0 codes and my temps couldn't be better! I have moved on now to bigger things and have created a 3d model to print. If all goes well would anyone be interested in the model or a printed copy?

The pictures:
Metalworking hand tool

Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper Vehicle Hood

Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Grille Car

Room Architecture Roof Diagram Table

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Depends on the price I suppose, but you'd have to become a vendor on here to be allowed to sell it, and I'm pretty sure the money the admins want from you to do that isn't going to outweigh the sales you'll get from it. Pretty sad actually that this forum requires payment from vendors to sell things here, on top of them being required to have their own website and business license. This is the first car forum I've seen that requires that...

I don't suppose you'd share a 1:1 trace of the curved part, would you?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have all the above and would become a vendor if needed. As it stands I would just provide public access to the printable object on shapeways or sculpteo and not sell them for a profit myself as I'm really just trying to give back to the dart community.

My 3d print should be here next week and I can trace it out if it fits. Or if you would like, pm me and I'll send you a printed model for testing.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I have all the above and would become a vendor if needed. As it stands I would just provide public access to the printable object on shapeways or sculpteo and not sell them for a profit myself as I'm really just trying to give back to the dart community.

My 3d print should be here next week and I can trace it out if it fits. Or if you would like, pm me and I'll send you a printed model for testing.
You've got a deal! I'll yank my bumper back off again and put it on and be another test mule for something new. :)

·
Banned
2,546 Posts
careful the last time i offered a FREE header. Mr. Bacon told me i have to pay a vendor fee to give them away here.:money:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pep Streebeck: "You know, uh, Friday, we're allowed to go 55... On some occasions, even faster."
Friday: "I'm well aware of the federally mandated speed limit, Streebeck. But, did it ever occur to you that, by going eight miles an hour slower, we might save some gasoline and ease the burden on the poor taxpayers out there who pay our salaries?"
Pep Streebeck: "Friday, a little extra gas isn't gonna put the city in hock; besides, this looks bad! Come on, live a little - it's the vertical pedal on the right." :shocked:

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Hope this works. I want to do this for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
im still up for the test fitment as well.
ditto, from my automatic transmission spreadsheet findings, when I had only 2 AGS fins setup like this:

----- XXXX
XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX
XXXX ------

The average temp was 139.03.

Now with them set up currently like this:

---- ----
xxxx ----
xxxx ----
---- ----

the average temp so far (since 09/12) was 153.225.

This is on a 2.0L with the Power-tech. I think a 0 AGS mod would work wonders on all Darts to be perfectly honest. If there was a way to get this to work, it would cool down the bay. The best part about this is when I was running with only the 2 AGS fins I was able to get just as good if not better MPG's as I did with all of the fins installed. So, I think we are all onto something that will benefit the whole community.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts