Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 1.4 dodges limited turbo, 38,000 miles, a few months over warranty, Stockton Dealer took four months to diagnose faulty dual dry clutch transmission and trans. module,
$$$$$ FIVE GRAND LATER drove the car 50 miles to my home, hit the driveway, and the check transmission light comes on.
Please advise, today, one year later, my dodge is 30 miles away, stranded with windows open, and will not start!
I love my red dodge when it was right, is that thought just a pipe dream?
HELP ME MR. WIZARD!!

Administrator
Does it crank and then not run or does it not even crank? Check the battery? Check for codes?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response,
Issue one is solved; there was a loosely connected wire that connected to the alternator which came loose and my dodge left us stranded for 9 hours.
2013 1.4 dodges limited turbo, 38,000 miles, a few months over warranty, The Dealership service department took four months to diagnose faulty dual dry clutch transmission and trans. module,
$$$$$ FIVE GRAND LATER
I drove my car 50 miles to my home, hit the driveway, and the check transmission light illuminated.
Please advise, today, one year later, my dodge was 30 miles away, stranded with windows open, and would not start!
I love my red dodge when it was right, is that thought just a pipe dream?
HELP ME MR. WIZARD!!
Does it crank and then not run or does it not even crank? Check the battery? Check for codes?
The wire which connects to the alternator was detached.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the outside temperature is cool my 馃殬 Dodge runs like a fresh and newly plucked off the showroom floor automobile.
However, when the outside temperature is 80 degrees or more in temperature the dual dry clutch transmission in auto mode shifts roughly as well the timing of the auto shifts are off, 馃殬 My Dodge has the same issues 鈿 in stop and go traffic.
* When I cruise my vehicle 馃殫
at 80 miles per hour or more the front end vibrates and shakes.
* I had the front end and the tires inspected at the
L.S. Tire and Brake Service Center, they evaluated and inspected the underneath chassis and performed a visual inspection of the suspension and tires and all checked out in
#A-1 condition.
Thanks to Greenneon for
your suggestions concerning another issue My 馃殬 Dodge had last week it was as you mentioned, it happened to be the charging system had a severed electrical wire to the alternator.
馃殬 My little Red Dodge has less than two months warranty remaining on another potentially bad transmission control module or the tranny itself.
I really appreciate the help you provided.
Thanks in advance
馃殬MEnye
ps I need a little
more 'Help Mr. Mister Wizard鉂椻潡

Administrator
Check for codes. Let us know the numbers, not the description.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MEnye馃殬Thank you for your feedback,
alpinegreenneon, your advice is appreciated!!
The other issues I mentioned show no codes! All these started after the dealer put the transmission, transmission control module,
new electronic shifter relay to the trans module, new disc brakes, tune up and oil change. I could never trust the dealership again, the codes they provided only added more money on my ticket and 4 months later when my vehicle was completed, I drove the car 50 miles hit my driveway and the check transmission light came on.
Again, I must say that I have 2 months remaining on the trans module warranty!
I really enjoy my Tubo charged 馃殬 Red Dodge, what should I do, sell it, would that be passing the buck down the road so to speak?
Help me Mr. Wizard!!

Administrator
Experiences like yours are why many become their own mechanics. Either be your own mechanic or be at the mercy of unscrupulous dealer mechanics. Internet diagnosis is iffy at best. Expecting a problem that you have to be exactly what everyone else's problem is, turns out to be expecting too much. There are hundreds of possible codes, many of which do not turn on a light and require a dedicated scanner that only dealers have. If you have a warranty, get it checked and only okay repairs that are related to the original problem. You don't need a tune up or injector cleaning if your trans is acting strange.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love my 2013 Dodge 1.4 Limited Dart, however with 48,000 miles on the odometer I have this treaky P2096 code coming up. Three weeks ago the motor was misfiring when accelerating from third gear.
Code P2096 is came up and my expert mechanic replaced the cylinders along with a head gasket redo.
I had my Dodge back running well for three weeks again the engine light, code P2096 came on once again.
I'm reading up on the internet what could be the causation of the check engine light, the question is why does my ride accelerate AOKY and ride smoothly

Administrator

Reactions: 4Nye-ners

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[/QUOTE

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alpinegreenneon, Thank you for the video & information you provided me concerning my 2013
1.4 Liter Dodge Dart, check engine light #P2096. I'll show the video and discuss with my Porsche Fiat expert pal and see if he's game to follow the information provided and I'll go from there.
馃挴% Thanks alpinegreenneon !!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alpinegreenneon, Help me Mr.Wizard!!

The missfire was corrected and
my 1.4 Liter Turbo Dodge Dart is running very well, Although the Check engine light Code#P2096 illuminated once again.

Is the dedicated scanner the code reader that can measure and determine the O2 sensor readings and determine what other repair or repairs are needed in reference to the repeated Check Engine Light Code #P2096 or when there are no codes on dashboard?

What is the best way to find a reputable exhaust shop in or near to Stockton, California?

Thanks in advance for your advice, Mr. Wizard, alpinegreenneon man !!
MEnye

Administrator
The dedicated scanner the dealers use is the Witech.
The OBDLink MX+ bluetooth scanner will read all possible codes on a Dart with software like the alfaOBD on an android device. The Torque app will let you see a line graph of what the O2 sensors are seeing. The Factory Service Manual (FSM) from TechAuthority.com or AllDataDIY.com will have diagnostic info to help with repairing problems.
No clue about mechanics in your area. Search online for reviews.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alpineneongreen
I went to the shop to check for exhaust leaks per the video first yet the shop that's available wants to run an independent diagnosis first and go from there although they do have the specific dodge scanner.
I will keep you posted, thanks!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
alpineneongreen, Help me Mr. Wizard !!
I cannot find the replacement wedge bolt kit for tightening the fuse module to the battery terminal post.
When you are available please point me in the right direction such as the part number, aftermarket set, and or other alternatives?
Thank you ever so much alpineneongreen !!

Administrator
As far as I know, it's part of the battery positive assembly, not available as a separate part. Have you looked at your local self serve junkyard? There were 6 Darts at the one yard about an hour away from me.
The assembly is 68239639AA

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alpineneongreen,
I have been driving around my country town five to ten miles at a time with no visible issues?
The Dodge is running fine and I channel lock and grip it tightly each direction I drive.
Although driving around like that will only be for a short time, I wanted your opinion.
Could that cause other hidden damage to another part or could driving the Dodge as mentioned possibly put the power train into limp mode?
Thank you for the wisdom you share !!

Administrator
I have a used battery positive that I can sell, It doesn't have the cover. PM if interested.
Darts need a good battery and if the connection is intermittent, it could act wonky. Not sure if that will fix the P2096. A tight connection can't hurt.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is 4Nye-ners. Thanks
for the offer. Could you send a photo of the positive battery assembly unit. Top, bottom and both sides showing the wedge attachment bolt which fastens the positive battery assembly unit to the terminal.
I received the correct # P-number from alpinegreenneon, Shoop that was greatly helpful !!
I called dodge this day, they have the PBA unit and I would receive the item in two-days !!
I'm ready to place the order tommorrow, however we could PM to discuss futher.

What is your Dodge forum user name? Hence I view the photos we could take it from there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts