Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I bought the car (‘14 SXT), drove it two weeks, no issues. All of a sudden now the display is telling me “LOW BEAM HEADLIGHT OUT”. The headlights were converted to LED by previous owner before I bought it I suspect, but I just wonder why it just now started w the display when I haven’t made any alterations on lighting. All lights inside and out seem to be working perfectly. Any thoughts? Might just go back to halogen bulbs. Is that what was factory stock? If it makes the warning light stop flashing I’ll do it.

·
Administrator
5,853 Posts
The Dart BCM has no provision for LED headlights. Switching back to halogen will make the BCM happy again.

Reactions: SteveD

·
Registered
37 Posts
Switching is the only way to get rid of Dashboard notification of "Low beam headlight out" ?? I don't want to switch back to Halogen, too hot, too power intensive.
You will need to add some resistors. the car's CAN-BUS system is looking for the halogen resistance feed back. and because you are running LED's they have less resistances to feed back into the the electrical system you will keep seeing that fault on your dashboard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts