Update on the future of .org ROTM's...
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Update on the future of .org ROTM's... within the Ride of the Month forums, part of the Dodge Dart Community category; Since it was brought up to my attention here in last month's thread... https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/ride...tml#post482233 Originally Posted by cjff237 is there going to be a july ...

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why did you enter, or would you enter?

Voters
    27. You may not vote on this poll
    • For the prize if I won! If there's no prize, there's no point.

0 0%
    • For the recognition! If there's no prize, it's not that big of a deal

11 40.74%
    • Didn't enter one yet, but I probably won't without a prize.

0 0%
    • Didn't enter one yet, but I don't need a prize. I like the recognition more.

16 59.26%
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Update on the future of .org ROTM's...

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Citrus Peel Pearlcoat Rallye w/ 2.0L Powertech
      Mods
      Too many for this box. Visit the build thread, click the link in signature...
      Liked
      4296 times
      Mentioned
      672 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)

Since it was brought up to my attention here in last month's thread... https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/ride...tml#post482233

Quote Originally Posted by cjff237 View Post
      is there going to be a july rotm and the june winner going to be recognized? its almost august and there is no july post..........
      It's about time the truth comes out about the behind the scenes issues on creating the ROTM threads...

@Mr Bacon did it religiously when he was a modertor, it was his pride and joy baby. If he couldn't do it @cereal killer would immediately jump in and help. Creating the ROTM threads is time consuming, the new management has made it abundantly clear that they do not have time to supply the recognition with adding badges or even assisting in day to day functionality of the .org. FURTHERMORE, it has been made 100% clear to me after much poking and prodding that the new management NEVER signed on to supply money or care about the ROTM on this forum. We are pretty much the bottom of the barrel when it comes to their cares or concerns. SO WHO DOES IT FALL ON... good ol @youngsmith53 and the rest of the moderation team ( @Bullfrog , @clolarte , @Cntrollerfanboy , @suzq044 , @un4givn85 ).

After that, then it falls on me since I have temp admin access (not sure if other moderators do or not) to supply the proper ROTM badge and recognition to said winning member. I have asked time and time again for help with the gift cards and they have said, it wasn't in the contract. I do not have disposable income to supply $25 gift cards each and every month (more on that later). Luckily I haven't had to pay out of pocket for yet because @Cntrollerfanboy won last month (May), but I might not be lucky this month. So, there goes money I'm paying into a community I helped cultivate (because new management turns a blind eye). I will not be supplying the Amazon gift cards. If someone else wants to step up, then the onus is solely on them.

With all of this being said, save you ellipsis' for someone else or point the blame at someone other than the me and the .org moderation team. The moderation team does all it can when it cans, however it cans. I'm sorry it's an inconvenience that the ROTM thread is not up for you. I'm sorry it's an inconvenience for you that I'm married, have 3 kids (one with emotional & health problems), work full time and go to college in the evenings. I do my best to be the best volunteer moderator I can be when time allows. I'd love to do more and help more and be an admin to help assist, but I know my allegiances lie. I don't get paid to be an Admin or even a moderator. Above all else, being a moderator on the .org doesn't pay my bills, my full-time job does.
      YoungSmith53 / Aya Build Thread
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is vrooom!

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT
      Liked
      1170 times
      Mentioned
      357 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I will second what @youngsmith53 stated above. Us admins are here as volunteers - the paid staff are the ones withe the blue "admin" titles. I will assist any way that I can. I also have a full time job as a salaried analyst so often my hours exceed 60 per week. I have 8 children and 6 grandkids, I am currently taking online classes and night classes working on my bachelors as well. I also have my FloriDarts club responsibilities to maintain and my home duties to take care of.

I am sure that as a team, we will come to a resolution to get this up and running and to keep it going.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is Still Gettin it.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart 1.4L DDCT
      Mods
      Dart Horse Mods: MPX Carbon Hood MPX I/C pipes MPX Stubby antenna DV+ Crosshair Delete with
      Liked
      218 times
      Mentioned
      20 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Thanks for what y'all do! I don't care about a gift card or any other hand me outs. I simply appreciate y'all trying to keep this forum alive!

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is Retired

Vehicle
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT
      Mods
      Superchips 91 tune, cat/res delete, solo axle-back, cai
      Liked
      1057 times
      Mentioned
      232 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Sad to see ROTM has come to this

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is missing her Dart!

Vehicle
      '05 Grand Cherokee
      Mods
      [stock]
      Liked
      5686 times
      Mentioned
      516 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Whereas I do not have a full time job, and I already have my degree, I do not make enough money to be able to put 25$ to the side every month. I wish I could, but alas, other priorities and random life events keep getting in the way of putting any money to the side. If I could, it'd be more, but I think we may have to put the rewards (aside from the ROTM badge) on hold. I do what I can, but I'm usually pretty busy myself; between trying to get jobs (by that I mean photoshop work) and then doing said jobs, and babysitting our room-mates 6yr old, there's not a lot of time to do much. My apologies for that, we are working behind the scenes to see if we can't figure something out though.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is thinking: I may not be a brian
      surgeon, but at least I don't
      make careless mistakes

Vehicle
      2013 Dart , Bright Silver, 1.4 turbo, Dual Dry Clutch
      Mods
      K & N drop in filter
      Liked
      732 times
      Mentioned
      61 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      IMHO, while the gift cards might be nice, are there any past winners that made their Dart look its best for a gift card? I would think that the recognition is much more important. Yep, I have been a member of the Forum for a while now and I am still learning about how the Forum works and THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE IT WORK. Thank you for your time and talents.
      clolarte, gwolf and youngsmith53 like this.
      using WD 40 for cologne

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is Looking for 7th gear

Vehicle
      2014 Dart SE Blue Streak 6 speed
      Mods
      CAI, STS, Rear trans mount, CU plugs, RRM pulley,
      Liked
      2405 times
      Mentioned
      498 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      AS i said before it doesnt HAVE to be a staff member to create the threads. There is no special function that we use to make them. We can sticky them after they are made or edit them if needed. So its not sad it come to this, its sad that the many look to the few to do all.
      clolarte and youngsmith53 like this.

'BlueStreak'
      2014 Dodge Dart SE manual Blue Streak

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is going to make a joke about
      sodium, but Na..

Vehicle
      2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4 (Traded in)2014 Dodge Dart GT
      Liked
      166 times
      Mentioned
      29 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
      AS i said before it doesnt HAVE to be a staff member to create the threads. There is no special function that we use to make them. We can sticky them after they are made or edit them if needed. So its not sad it come to this, its sad that the many look to the few to do all.
      As someone that was a mod for a very large gaming page. Most users don't understand what goes into being a mod/admin. Less that they take it for granted, more that they just can't understand because they have never had to do it themselves. Like any organization, there are always a select few that run things like ROTM. This is to keep things consistent. Not to just add more work to someone one or 2 people. I know it's rough. But did any of the mod/admin team become a mod or admin against their will?

Personally, I don't care about the gift card. But for simple continuity, integrity and consistency, I'd prefer the ROTM to continue to be operated the way it has in the past, by the mods/admins.
      clolarte, Beitie and SylenThunder like this.
      **Traded in 09/15/2018**
      1 of 787

My 501(c)3 Charity - Cigars For Warriors
      Engine
      Autolite Coppers, MOPAR CAI, MOPAR Heated Washer Nozzles, Ram Air Kit

Exterior
      "GLH" red pin striping, "Bullet" Antenna, Red Vinyl Wrapped Crosshair, Plasti-Dipped badges, MOPAR Vent Visors, GT Sport Hood, Tinted Windows, Tinted Headlights/Taillights / (Down the road) Plasti-Dipped rims, Red Brake Calipers, Custom Functional Heat Extractor (in progress)

Interior
      Screen Protector, Husky Liners / (Down the road) Illuminated cup holder

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is missing her Dart!

Vehicle
      '05 Grand Cherokee
      Mods
      [stock]
      Liked
      5686 times
      Mentioned
      516 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I'm adding a poll to this thread, just out of pure curiosity, to see where people stand.

Your choice will not be seen by anyone; this is just to see where the majority stands in regards to this.
      Last edited by suzq044; 07-27-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3875 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Is this even a conversation that needs to happen? Anybody who thinks it's ok to be accepting prizes that our unpaid moderators are buying out of the goodness of their own hearts needs to be slapped upside the head. So do their parents. ROTM should be about the bragging rights of having your car being recognized as awesome by their peers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links