If I Had "Money" , I'd ....
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on If I Had "Money" , I'd .... within the Off Topic Forum forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Off-Topic category; Thought this subject is worthy of a separate title. Because it doesn't really fit in to "Derailers Anon", "Conspiracy", "Cars As Buddies", etc. I'm sure ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree7Likes

Thread: If I Had "Money" , I'd ....

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Thought this subject is worthy of a separate title.
      Because it doesn't really fit in to "Derailers Anon", "Conspiracy", "Cars As Buddies", etc.
      I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but, I have been a life long Daydreamer . Mostly of things and lifestyles I could never afford.
      Kind of like the TV show "How Lottery Changed My Life" .

However, I am smart enough to know that I probably wouldn't be alive if I had gotten all the things I dreamed of as a young man. I have been blessed with the true riches that might be hard to see by the casual observer. But I have had 63 years of a Love filled (though highly challenging) simple American life.

But..... ....... to this day, I still drift off into goofball daydreams of what I'd do with a large Pot-O-Money ! I think I'm just wired that way. It's not so much that the Grass Is Always Greener, but, it is perhaps a case of not experiencing the grass, in favor of the weeds,rocks,and less "everyday" experiences that would only be possible via stupid big levels of burnable means.

First Up : (aside from the usual stable of fine motor cars to select from on a daily basis)

The private property back yard by invitation only Outdoor Drive In Movie recreation .

I know for a fact that all the hardware can be had to make this realistic. Right down to the Speaker Poles that one hangs on the car window. I've seen them at Car Fanatic Flea Markets.
      * The screen can be fashioned from whatever suitable silver screen material you can build. My area still has One drive-in and the screens are nothing special. In fact, they're kind of crappy. They look like panels of aluminum siding pieced together. Years ago the screens were refinished every season and coated with a quality outdoor surfacing material.

*Today's digital projectors are top notch. So, the image would actually be better than the film machines of yore. But of course, it would be nice to find an old projector and some actual print films.
      How cool to operate two machines and change the reel at the burn mark?
      *Premade , wrapped up hamburgers & hot dogs in a cinder-block concession stand of course.
      *Swings for the kids ! Although people of parenting age would probably choose to stay away .......
      *Clint Eastwood spaghetti Westerns featured on Holidays. (even though I've lost respect for the actual Clint E.)
      *At least one showing of both 1969's Woodstock docu-movie and Kubrick's 2001 ASO back to back once a month from May to end of Sept.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dart GT
      Liked
      109 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      If I had money....

I'd probably be one of those Bugatti owners (except I'd still care less about one) with an average of 46 cars....except I'd have a collection of frankencars which are only shadows of their former selves! What's original to this dart? The paint....

I'd probably also own a few acres of land because why not? And I too would have an outdoor theatre with both digital and reel projectors. My wife doesn't understand why I want a CRT in the spare room for retro gaming and probably wouldn't understand the older projector either.

I can't think of much else though. Also I'm told by some friends who work for Clint directly that he's a pretty awesome dude. I don't know why you wouldn't have respect for him, but also I don't pay attention to Hollywood media.
      Mods
      RRM Tuner+LW Pulley
      Injen CAI With Pre-Filter
      Muffler Delete
      Aero Paneling Delete
      Deyeme Rear Mount (Firm)
      AVS In Channel Visors
      Interior LEDs
      Dipped Emblems, Sport Hood, Wheel Caps and Front Lip
      Front Lip, Sideskirts and Rear Diffuser.
      12" JBL GT-BassPro

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      16 Gti
      Liked
      166 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      First thing firs i'd buy myself a race car ride in some series be it imsa, nascar, trans am or indy car. After that i'd have a shit ton of average cars with no "hyper cars" like a lot of people like. After that everything else would be pretty plain tbh

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      770 times
      Mentioned
      135 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      At my age, if i suddenly had gobs of money, I would give it all away to my favorite charities. There is really nothing I need and I don't owe any money. I can't take anything with me when I'm dead so why try?
      dad's dart likes this.
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dart GT
      Liked
      109 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by alpinegreenneon View Post
      At my age, if i suddenly had gobs of money, I would give it all away to my favorite charities. There is really nothing I need and I don't owe any money. I can't take anything with me when I'm dead so why try?
      Arg! I read your post and felt like a total selfish ***-hole!

That is really outstanding of you to think about charities which includes people you don't even know in your donation. I pray to god and I'm not even a believer that you win the lottery!
      Mods
      RRM Tuner+LW Pulley
      Injen CAI With Pre-Filter
      Muffler Delete
      Aero Paneling Delete
      Deyeme Rear Mount (Firm)
      AVS In Channel Visors
      Interior LEDs
      Dipped Emblems, Sport Hood, Wheel Caps and Front Lip
      Front Lip, Sideskirts and Rear Diffuser.
      12" JBL GT-BassPro

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dart Rallye, 2.0L, Automatic
      Liked
      13 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Restore my 1977 Chevy PU, and my 2000 Chevy Blazer. Buy the house I'm living in from my landlord, tear it down, and build a house . I'd then build a shop with a lift installed so I can work on my three rigs. All of this after I retire of course.
      Since buying my Dart:

Tires: $400
      Front tmps sensor: $60
      Engine mounts, plugs, and fuel system flush: $1500
      Interior led's: $20
      Weathertech floor mats: $200
      K&N washable air filter $50
      Dayeme splash shields $280
      Driver side dash vent $4
      Cabin air filter access panel $2
      Spare access panel retainer clips $10
      Oil Pressure Sensor and socket $40
      Dash cover $100

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Parabolaralus View Post
      If I had money....

I'd probably be one of those Bugatti owners (except I'd still care less about one) with an average of 46 cars....except I'd have a collection of frankencars which are only shadows of their former selves! What's original to this dart? The paint....

I'd probably also own a few acres of land because why not? And I too would have an outdoor theatre with both digital and reel projectors. My wife doesn't understand why I want a CRT in the spare room for retro gaming and probably wouldn't understand the older projector either.

I can't think of much else though. Also I'm told by some friends who work for Clint directly that he's a pretty awesome dude. I don't know why you wouldn't have respect for him, but also I don't pay attention to Hollywood media.
      Well, since Politics are banned, I can't comment on Clint.
      But to be fair, in most instances, celebrities of many walks of life are just internally damaged. Some are born that way, get that way, or just need to see the difference between themselves and the real world.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by alpinegreenneon View Post
      Yes... charities are important. Imagine if the uber wealthy contributed more than they do - alot more - to all causes....... Like the way all the frogs came out of the pond to donate so much to the rebuilding of the Notre Dame church in France. It's a building, for heaven's sake. They get all shook up over graven images and physical structures.
      My first big donation would be to the SPCA's and other related institutions for the care and protection of domesticated animals and a few wildlife causes . It would be money well spent and highly effective. The results are easily seen and not hidden as they are when it comes to Human causes. Except for the causes related to the quality of Human life projects. Like population control and bettering of the environment.
      A huge Cat and Dog facility would be a #1 goal.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1133 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I would buy one of the hunting lodges for sale that I frequently see listed. For about 6 million I can get 3,000 acres in Michigan with rivers and lakes. That's 5 square miles to do whatever you want. Then I would get a group of about 50 like minded individuals to come live on the property and be free from the shackles of society. Totally self sustainable.

Hyper cars are fun to look at but not very practical based on the amount of money you have to spend. A few $100k vehicles in my garage and I would be more than happy.

Here are a few examples.

3000 acres, 100 year old clubhouse with professional kitchen and multiple bed and bathrooms. And of course, bald eagles living on the property, AMERICA! 6 million.
      https://listings.listhub.net/pages/N...el=secondspace

2280 acres, 4500 sqft house, 2 large lakes. 9 million
      https://www.thedoubleeagleranch.com/
      dad's dart likes this.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Killraven View Post
      I would buy one of the hunting lodges for sale that I frequently see listed. For about 6 million I can get 3,000 acres in Michigan with rivers and lakes. That's 5 square miles to do whatever you want. Then I would get a group of about 50 like minded individuals to come live on the property and be free from the shackles of society. Totally self sustainable.

Hyper cars are fun to look at but not very practical based on the amount of money you have to spend. A few $100k vehicles in my garage and I would be more than happy.

Here are a few examples.

3000 acres, 100 year old clubhouse with professional kitchen and multiple bed and bathrooms. And of course, bald eagles living on the property, AMERICA! 6 million.
      https://listings.listhub.net/pages/N...el=secondspace

2280 acres, 4500 sqft house, 2 large lakes. 9 million
      https://www.thedoubleeagleranch.com/
      Kool Beans ....... I'd like to mix some Poppies in between the other herbal remedies planted on the acreages .... I would be proud to be Chief Medicine Man . All things ...Great and Small ......
      Killraven likes this.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links