Cars as "Buddies" - Page 53
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

    Cars as "Buddies"

    This is a discussion on Cars as "Buddies" within the Off Topic Forum forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Off-Topic category; Originally Posted by dad's dart No mention of the Chrysler Pentastar 3.6 , refined by 2014 ? Is there no sense here ? I wonder ...

    User Tag List

    Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53
    Results 521 to 527 of 527
    Like Tree294Likes

    Thread: Cars as "Buddies"

    1. #521
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      jsblanch's Avatar
      Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mississauga, ON
      Posts
      5,980
      Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3871 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      No mention of the Chrysler Pentastar 3.6 , refined by 2014 ? Is there no sense here ?
      I wonder what we're going to lament over when it all goes electric? The internal combustion engine is largely responsible for the joy of automotive arguments since the Model T. "Hey Joe... big battery you got there, huh? Bet it sounds schweete !!"
      It will be all the majesty of an IPad on wheels.
      First tv commercials are out there now, touting all the excitement of a silent , fast, midnight ride..... cough.



      How soon will electric planes hit mass market?
      That "MAD LAB" channel is pretty much complete garbage. If they got anything right, it's obviously by mistake.

    2. #522
      Crew Chief
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      dad's dart's Avatar
      is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      8,426
      Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Electric is free, right? It just comes out of the wall.
      Except that it's not. No one even talks about where we're putting the spent nuclear fuel material.
      Is that why we want to go back to the Moon? Depository?
      Wait, no... someone's already there using it.
      Can't win. What goes around doesn't even come around anymore.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

    3. #523
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      jsblanch's Avatar
      Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mississauga, ON
      Posts
      5,980
      Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3871 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      Electric is free, right? It just comes out of the wall.
      Except that it's not. No one even talks about where we're putting the spent nuclear fuel material.
      Is that why we want to go back to the Moon? Depository?
      Wait, no... someone's already there using it.
      Can't win. What goes around doesn't even come around anymore.
      Just fire that crap into the sun. Or recycle it into something else. Seriously. Why bury nuclear waste when it lasts for literally thousands of years?

    4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements
       

    5. #524
      Crew Chief
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      dad's dart's Avatar
      is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      8,426
      Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

      Approaching the 40,000 mile point with the Phlyer


      I wonder if if power output increases once you get past the 30,000 mile point with a properly broken in engine?
      Because it seems to be the case with my Avenger . I've run mid grade gas (since it calls only for 87) and it seems to "beg" for more pedal once I'm out on a freeway..... Begging in terms of already being at 80mph
      on a flat terrain, but barely touching the pedal. Maybe it's just me ....
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

    6. #525
      Crew Chief
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      dad's dart's Avatar
      is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      8,426
      Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Buddy outing for a pre- summer taste .......
      Oh the slings and arrows, and all that stuff..... Just another curious couple days in the somewhat boring but pleasant life of Dad's Dart (which should technically read Dad's Avenger, but y'all can't change your name and that would be a bump in the road of my history here as well.)
      So, the Bud is in for the due oil change, checkover and first tire rotation of the Primacy Michs' . All good. No weird noises after rotating like one would normally get with GoodYears. Noice.
      Go for a decent tour of a local mountain range (winter ski area) . Noice.
      Go for a second cruise with my son and .... wait for it .... the tire pressure chime and picture come on. Not noice. I figure they didn't check all the pressures correctly. Not the case. I go to ck pressures and staring at me all shiny and pretty is a screw head imbedded in my rear tire. Ugh..... Luckily, very small and centrally located in the tread. Dealer fixed for free (I'm a "regular", if you know what I mean...) and we're on the way ! For the record, this happens EVERY time I either get a new car, wife gets a new car, or buy new tires for a current car. Guaranteed. It's an historical fact with me.
      So, we continue on with the cruise. All good. Except for the grim reminder that there are NO roads left in my area that are not overpopulated and packed with aggressive drivers who just can't bear to have someone in front of them. It goes back to the old story: if you want a great drive, it has to be very early AM on a Sunday. Otherwise... It's PEOPLE !!!!!
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

    7. #526
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      1,780
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1127 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      Buddy outing for a pre- summer taste .......
      Oh the slings and arrows, and all that stuff..... Just another curious couple days in the somewhat boring but pleasant life of Dad's Dart (which should technically read Dad's Avenger, but y'all can't change your name and that would be a bump in the road of my history here as well.)
      So, the Bud is in for the due oil change, checkover and first tire rotation of the Primacy Michs' . All good. No weird noises after rotating like one would normally get with GoodYears. Noice.
      Go for a decent tour of a local mountain range (winter ski area) . Noice.
      Go for a second cruise with my son and .... wait for it .... the tire pressure chime and picture come on. Not noice. I figure they didn't check all the pressures correctly. Not the case. I go to ck pressures and staring at me all shiny and pretty is a screw head imbedded in my rear tire. Ugh..... Luckily, very small and centrally located in the tread. Dealer fixed for free (I'm a "regular", if you know what I mean...) and we're on the way ! For the record, this happens EVERY time I either get a new car, wife gets a new car, or buy new tires for a current car. Guaranteed. It's an historical fact with me.
      So, we continue on with the cruise. All good. Except for the grim reminder that there are NO roads left in my area that are not overpopulated and packed with aggressive drivers who just can't bear to have someone in front of them. It goes back to the old story: if you want a great drive, it has to be very early AM on a Sunday. Otherwise... It's PEOPLE !!!!!
      It's been a super cluster-fudge around my parts lately. Normally the state of Michigan is known for "construction season" which is anytime we have good weather. However, this year they decided to fix everything at the same time and also decided to completely shutdown many on-ramps and off-ramps. So the people trying to get on the only onramp located for miles end up backing up traffic for miles in each direction on multiple city roads.

      The classic situation of "oh the light is turning red, screw it Ill just go through and block the intersection so nobody else can go". I HATE these people.
      dad's dart likes this.

    8. #527
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      1,780
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1127 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post

      Approaching the 40,000 mile point with the Phlyer


      I wonder if if power output increases once you get past the 30,000 mile point with a properly broken in engine?
      Because it seems to be the case with my Avenger . I've run mid grade gas (since it calls only for 87) and it seems to "beg" for more pedal once I'm out on a freeway..... Begging in terms of already being at 80mph
      on a flat terrain, but barely touching the pedal. Maybe it's just me ....
      I've noticed that power output increases over time only if you drive it fast everyday. 10k miles is the standard break in period it seems for modern cars, I think they are programmed to not give 100% power until after that point. After the 10k miles I think it's just the ecu and computers adjusting to your particular location and driving habits.

      Now if we talk about something like my dirt bike which has zero electronics and a carburetor, that break in period was pretty much EXACTLY 500 miles. All the reviews I read about my particular bike said it was a "wheelie monster". When I first rode it I could not figure out why people would say that. After the 500 mile mark I knew exactly what they were talking about. No change in mods whatsoever.
      dad's dart likes this.

     

     
    Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Calling all "Redline 2 coat pearl" cars...SHOW 'EM OFF!
      By brodizzle83 in forum Dodge Dart Gallery
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 07-07-2015, 06:57 PM
    2. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-23-2015, 09:44 PM
    3. SIAP: timing belt "wirring" "flutter" sound --- dealer says NO FIX
      By pkgmsu2000 in forum Dodge Dart 1.4L MultiAir Turbo
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: 12-10-2014, 02:57 PM
    4. Replies: 5
      Last Post: 08-14-2012, 08:10 PM
    5. Added "Compare to Competitors" and "Search New Inventory" feature available?
      By ryan1singer in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 07-14-2012, 08:51 AM

    Search tags for this page

    batcave filme
    ,
    batman batcave concept
    ,
    car themed first birthday party
    ,
    for the man who knows who i am ricardo montalban
    ,

    my buddy

    ,
    news
    Click on a term to search for related topics.