The Conspiracy Thread - Page 82
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

The Conspiracy Thread

This is a discussion on The Conspiracy Thread within the Off Topic Forum forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Off-Topic category; Originally Posted by Killraven Marijuana is not a cancer-killer and will NEVER replace traditional chemotherapy. It may prevent the start of cancer, but it will ...

User Tag List

Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
    Like Tree480Likes

Thread: The Conspiracy Thread

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4L
      Liked
      60 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Killraven View Post
      Marijuana is not a cancer-killer and will NEVER replace traditional chemotherapy. It may prevent the start of cancer, but it will not stop it once it has started. The whole myth behind it kills cancer is from testing on lab rats. Sorry, but I don't trust ANY scientific results that derive from rat testing. Rats are not humans.

That is one of those stupid wives tales for pro-marijuana that diminishes the real benefits of using marijuana. Sadly, for most elderly patients there aren't much options as the human body becomes fragile and weak at a high age. Where marijuana shines for elderly patients is it's appetite side effects. Many are on prescription pills that kill their appetite (or chemotherapy) and this would be a highly valuable medicine for that application.

It's interesting that you said they developed fungal pneumonia. That would be a side effect of it being illegal, where the end product is not regulated and has bugs, mold, or other substances in the marijuana. Legal/Illegal is the ultimate double edge sword in this situation.
      Since most of my patients are under the age of 18 (hence my screen name), the frailty comes from progression of disease and the havoc cancer wreaks on the body. As far as the fungal pneumonia - not sure how that is a byproduct of it being illegal, as mold naturally grows/exists on almost all surfaces, especially organic ones. I am unsure of how one would go about sterilizing marijuana for smoking or other forms of intake. We tell patients to avoid it for the same reason we have them avoid fresh berries and other fresh foods that cannot be scrubbed/cleaned due to the risk of seeding a serious infection.

As far as the reports of marijuana killing cancer - we simply do not know. Testing on laboratory mice/rats is the first step for most compounds being investigated for a treatment - I can tell you that given all of the ways we have found to kill cancer in lab rodents, no mouse or rat should ever have to die from cancer. A vast number (probably >95%) of compounds/treatments that are demonstrated to cure cancer in rodents do not translate into safe and effective treatments in humans.

We have, and do prescribe, synthetic cannabinoids, namely in the form of dronabinol (Marinol) - as an anti-emetic and appetite stimulant. This is not illegal and, to me, it is unclear how smoking marijuana provides additional benefit over this product.
      Last edited by PBMTMD; 05-02-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1127 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by PBMTMD View Post
      Not sure if you're just trying to acknolwedge and expound on his point, or if you think you are providing evidence contrary to his post.. We don't have "weed" (aka cannabis) receptors. We have receptors for cannabinoids that are naturally produced and endogenous to (made by) the body. Marijuana has the effects it does because its chemical structure is sufficiently similar that it can be taken up by these receptors.
      Of course we don't have "literal" marijuana receptors. If we know what the endocannabinoids are regulating in our body and what effect they have health wise, then we can easily determine the medical benefits of using the marijuana plant to stimulate those receptors. In other words, if the body is already making use of this system, why would a plant based supplement to this system be viewed as bad?

Just going back to the governments logic of it being illegal.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3871 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Of course we don't have "literal" marijuana receptors. If we know what the endocannabinoids are regulating in our body and what effect they have health wise, then we can easily determine the medical benefits of using the marijuana plant to stimulate those receptors. In other words, if the body is already making use of this system, why would a plant based supplement to this system be viewed as bad?

Just going back to the governments logic of it being illegal.
      That's all well and good, but just because the body can use a "mimetic" substance doesn't mean that substance is good for the body. Ethanol, cocaine, and heroin are also plant-based supplements that act as mimetics and bind to receptors in the human body that are meant for endogenous neurotransmitters. They're all pretty terrible for you. You are grossly oversimplifying how endocannabinoids works. They are part of a phenomenally complex system, one whose function we alter at our peril. I'm not saying that weed is bad, and I think it should be legal to possess and use, but I'm also not going to pretend that it's automatically good for us just because it has the ability to bind to a neuroreceptor in the brain.
      Last edited by jsblanch; 05-03-2018 at 06:37 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4L
      Liked
      60 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Cyanide and hemlock and naturally occurring substances, too...

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Well .... I didn't expect to see that many responses. Honestly... I'm not being smartass or anything. But after all is said and done - mostly because of the "Information Age" and the benefits that come with it, Society no longer has the high levels of general stupidity that once ruled the subject of what can benefit Lives via chemical compounds.
      Do Not - even for one second, believe that the populations best interests are at heart with the scheduling of various substances. It may have started out that way many many decades ago, but not anymore.
      I do not like Marijuana, having tried it many times in the 70's. It just does not personally have a desirable affect on me. The same with alcohol. Both of them have more negatives than positives for "MY BODY" and mind.
      And therein begins the journey of Real Life Information.
      Example: For me, at my age of 62 and a lifetime of experiences both good and not-so-good as a sort of "regular" father, lower working class retiree, trustworthy, and all around faithful/honest Christian (the real kind who actually believes in Biblical Prophecies - not the donation on Sunday clubs) ...etc., I have found a level of peace overall that does in fact require completely legal doctor supervised medications which keep me "In Check" both inside and from a social perspective. I consider the particular cocktail to be a private matter and other than my wife, I do not talk about any of my treatment history nor do I advocate any particular type of therapies. Because Everyone is different. In the same way that @Killraven mentions how helpful Mary has been for him, my meds have worked wonders for me. As he mentions: Saved My Life. Living without a feeling of despair and negativity day in and day out.
      My point being? In regard to my original post? It's the point that many of the compounds that are considered either "Of No Medical Value" and / or highly toxic to mind/body/society are in fact, NOT.
      Without going into detail about specific chemicals or compounds, suffice it to say that if all of the known drugs - yes, including Heroin (you gasp? Well we're not talking about "shooting-up degenerates ) , would be LEGAL - via Doctor admin and scrutiny, nearly all of the fatalities associated with these "products" would be history. But here is the main point: not just here in the USA - but Globally - the Black Market/MOB/CARTELLS, etc. have a stranglehold on the profits that have been made and will only continue to be made because of the strength they (Black Markets) have on everything of "this" nature.
      For whatever reason, the decision was made to keep alcohol and tobacco legal the world over. Both deadly. Both as bad for death rates and maybe even more. But no one gets excited about the statistics. You can buy alcohol & tobacco as freely as you could possibly want and both are more overall poisonous than the controlled substances IF (and only IF) the demonized chemicals were available in pure , legally manufactured methods as are Tylenol and Benedryl. It is , in fact, the Black Markets that have made the very bad so-called Crises (plural) that are in the media in 2018.
      Yes, there will always be people who Over-Do things with themselves. Sadly, that cannot be helped 100%. But I'd say about 70% of the crises could be wiped out by legal, intelligent usage of controlled and/or regulated/ illegal substances. And no....... it wouldn't make zombies out of the population. It would put a big dent in the can of the masses who use alcohol and tobacco to have "some peace" in their lives.
      The advertisements for various conditions and the prescriptions promoted are laughable at best. Which is a whole other story about what's legal and what is kept as Black Market. And it all gets down to the bottom line of Control. Control the money. At all costs.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1127 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by PBMTMD View Post
      As far as the fungal pneumonia - not sure how that is a byproduct of it being illegal, as mold naturally grows/exists on almost all surfaces, especially organic ones.

We have, and do prescribe, synthetic cannabinoids, namely in the form of dronabinol (Marinol) - as an anti-emetic and appetite stimulant. This is not illegal and, to me, it is unclear how smoking marijuana provides additional benefit over this product.
      It's a by-product of being illegal because there is no regulation for the growers. Think back to the prohibition era, where moonshiners would sell alcohol that literally killed people because it wasn't distilled properly. Marijuana is fairly easy to grow, but it does bring up some challenges along the process. There are specific bugs that will live on the plant, such as mites and spiders. There are also challenges when drying the marijuana after being harvested, as mold may begin to grow. All of these are extremely bad for your lungs when inhaled and will cause illness. The stores where medical marijuana is sold have regulations to check the quality of the product before being sold. They will test the THC content, look under a microscope for bugs, and look for mold.....all of which the local guy selling from his basement doesn't care about. This is why it's a double edge sword in regards to the legalization of it. Pros/Cons to both legal and illegal.

Marinol is widely regarded by both patients and doctors as pretty worthless, I am surprised it's still on the market actually. Synthetic will never replace the real deal. There are many compounds in marijuana and trying to create a synthetic version of just 1 of those compounds is not going to do anything worthwhile. For example, people who vape do not get the same results as people who smoke with a traditional method because you are only inhaling the THC and not the other stuff. If nothing else, taking Marinol just means you are putting more chemicals through your liver and causing additional damage on top of what you are trying to fix. Marijuana is instant relief, pills are not.

Marijuana is safer than any other recreational substance and safer than prescription pills in regards to the human body. It is a fantastic plant, no need to mess with it. Is it for everybody, of course not. But it is still a way better alternative to what is being peddled to patients nowadays. I cringe every time a prescription pill commercial comes on tv with it's side effects list. At the end of the day trying to explain marijuana to a MD is an uphill battle, since it goes against everything you were taught in school. I hope you, as a doctor, are open to new alternatives and continue to expand your knowledge of helping people.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3871 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      I cringe every time a prescription pill commercial comes on tv with it's side effects list.
      Some of the potential side-effects that people experience with marijuana and would almost certainly have to be prominently listed if it was regulated by the FDA like prescriptions medications are increased appetite, bloodshot eyes, seizures, hallucinations, anxiety, paranoia, panic attacks, psychosis, increased blood pressure, heart failure, and death. Yes, there have been scientific studies that have concluded that marijuana increases the risk of having a heart attack, and the severity of those heart attacks.

I take a synthetic pharmaceutical manufactured by a pharmaceutical company. Here are its more side effects: fever, hot flashes, sensitivity to heat, sweating, headaches, nervousness, irritability, nausea, insomnia, changes in appetite or weight, changes in menstrual periods (does not apply to me, but still listed), and temporary hair loss. Rare, and potentially more dangerous side effects (for which you should see a doctor), are rapid heart beat, "fluttering" in the chest, and chest pains, but those would usually result from an overdose. Not taking this medication is not an option for me, as I would die slowly and unpleasantly without it.

The thing is, you don't have to convince me that marijuana is some magical wonder plant from the land of pixies and fairy dust or whatever. You don't have to justify yourself to me, as long as you aren't harming others. Do you want to smoke weed? Then by all means, smoke weed. Do you want to drink until you can't stand up, do 5 lines of coke, and then shoot heroin into both eyeballs while smoking meth? Well, you don't need my permission, though I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Even if you do survive it, just imagine the hangover. I don't think drugs should be illegal or restricted (except to minors), and I actually think some of our current societal ills would go away if they weren't. But then I'm not one of the hundreds of millions of people whose whole worldview is predicated on being judgemental assholes who know better than everybody who isn't just like them. And yes, I actually am pretty fun at parties.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      And again, with the last two responses, it "gets down" to the curious question of Prohibition Of Compounds. Keeping prohibition on all things is what keeps danger at the door and money in the pockets of the black market. It is nothing to do with the best interests of society. Quality control, limited access and legal use, and the end of demonizing many things that are less dangerous than what has been determined to be good for people. Another example: we have no control over the amounts of chemicals we ingest via vegetation control in the farming and landscaping industries. And we wonder why extraterrestrial visitation/communication is kept highly secret. Wouldn't want the masses becoming informed, aside from learning to work and be productive. No...no tin foil hats ..... more like the reverse! Give me the antenna and correct frequencies!!
      I guess it's about when one was born.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1127 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      On every country on Earth, the majority of crime originates from gangs who sell illegal drugs.

On a side note(*Conspiracy!), my tap water has not been clear for over a year now. The media put out a bullshit excuse saying "It's the cold winter pipes and the water coming through makes bubbles". That's strange since me being around for 35 years, it has never happened before. I am switching to bottled Michigan spring water from now on.
      dad's dart likes this.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      In the long run, I can understand why common sense management of substances has been under a legal stranglehold , but not for the reasons that are advertised. A truly "content" population wouldn't be as willing to participate in the "work until you die" philosophy. Controlling the herds has always been job one. Even before the Roman Empire fell. So goes it.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links