2016 GT owner still hell bent on making this car fast
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on 2016 GT owner still hell bent on making this car fast within the New Member Introduction forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Bought a slight used 2016 GT with 33K miles on it. Got it for a steal (They wanted 15K. I ended up paying less than ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Nicolas King

Thread: 2016 GT owner still hell bent on making this car fast

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dart GT. Blacktop Package, Sport Hood, Leather Seats, Navigation, 6 Speed Manual.
      Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Bought a slight used 2016 GT with 33K miles on it. Got it for a steal (They wanted 15K. I ended up paying less than 12K and got the extended 100k warranty. Anyways I liked the look of the black dart with the blacked out reverse lights, black wheels, leather interior, and the ram air hood. (I scoffed at the heated steering wheel but it one of those things that you didn't know you were missing out on till you tried it.) I didn't do much research prior to my purchase because it was strictly an impulse buy. I remembered when I was a child going to drag races and there were these old small 1970s era square Darts that had these small block V8 crate engines shoved into them, with the rear wheels tubbed out and slick Mickey's on them kicking butt on the drag strip. So I figured the spirit of the Dart would live on with this new gen. Or at least be on par with the Neon SRT with a simple up the boost, inter cooler, so on and so forth. Or the availability of aftermarket upgrades like the 2.4L Accord/Integra (K24). After stalking this forum for a few months now, doing research while trying to not get caught by the wife. (I have a history of trying to make all the cars I get go faster and it makes her mad how much I sink into it just to get something else.) Anywho I don't get the warm and fuzzy from what I've been able to see as a guest stalking in this forum so I created an account today to see if I'm missing stuff by not being a member. If by chance there is a small cut following on this car I want to be a part of it. I will end this intro with a quote from Glen MacFarlane (at the time the Cheif Power train Engineer for Chrysler Group LLC) and talking about forced induction on the 2.4L Tiger Shark in the Dart; "There’s no reason why it couldn’t."
      JonsGT likes this.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

is probably looking for a bolt he
      dropped in the engine bay

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart SXT Blacktop
      Mods
      Check my build thread, too many to count and more coming.
      Liked
      50 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Welcome to the club m8. It’s definitely possibly to soup these cars up a bit. Not the easiest but possible, guess that’s part of the satisfaction when you get the end result.

Look into Road Race Motorsports & Modern Performance! They have a lot to offer for our Darts. There’s plenty of other vendors out there as well I’m sure the others will recommend.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      16 Gti
      Liked
      166 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      It's possible to get some power out of these cars but not without spending a ton of money and still not that much faster at the end of the day compared to other cars that are stock like the st,wrx, gti, ect

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dart GT. Blacktop Package, Sport Hood, Leather Seats, Navigation, 6 Speed Manual.
      Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Enags View Post
      Welcome to the club m8. It’s definitely possibly to soup these cars up a bit. Not the easiest but possible, guess that’s part of the satisfaction when you get the end result.

Look into Road Race Motorsports & Modern Performance! They have a lot to offer for our Darts. There’s plenty of other vendors out there as well I’m sure the others will recommend.
      Quote Originally Posted by mopar22 View Post
      It's possible to get some power out of these cars but not without spending a ton of money and still not that much faster at the end of the day compared to other cars that are stock like the st,wrx, gti, ect
      Thank you both for the welcome. I thought about sending RRM an email but haven't seen photos of a finished product or included parts on the site.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1142 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas King View Post
      Thank you both for the welcome. I thought about sending RRM an email but haven't seen photos of a finished product or included parts on the site.
      There are a few guys on here that have the RRM turbo kit. You could always inquire with them.

Sponsored Links