Syked ECU Tune and will it improve your Perfomance?
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Syked ECU Tune and will it improve your Perfomance? within the New Member Introduction forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Hey all, my name is Zack and I am located in New Jersey. I recently purchased Syked ECU Tune for my 2.0 Dodge Dart. I ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Syked ECU Tune and will it improve your Perfomance?

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart 2.0 Automatic
      Mods
      Rear Spoiler Mud Flaps Mopar Black Fuel Door Lightweight Pulley Modern Performance Syked ECU Tune
      Liked
      3 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Hey all, my name is Zack and I am located in New Jersey. I recently purchased Syked ECU Tune for my 2.0 Dodge Dart. I installed the ecu however when I started the car the engine light was on. I assumed that happened because I still had 87 Octane in the tank. So I uninstalled and waited to fill up with 93 Octane. With the change of gas the engine light went away. Over the course of the next month or so I will be documenting whether or not the tune is worth it. I also have a OBD II scanner which documents data from the engine as well. If any questions feel free to ask!

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is 04-03-2019: Installed Genuine
      Mopar Pedal Kit Manual Part
      Number: 82214197

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      Mods
      RRM Lightweight Pulley*Injen CAI*MPx Bored Throttle Body*CDV Delete*Flex Rear Mount
      Liked
      342 times
      Mentioned
      19 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Trident15 View Post
      Hey all, my name is Zack and I am located in New Jersey. I recently purchased Syked ECU Tune for my 2.0 Dodge Dart. I installed the ecu however when I started the car the engine light was on. I assumed that happened because I still had 87 Octane in the tank. So I uninstalled and waited to fill up with 93 Octane. With the change of gas the engine light went away. Over the course of the next month or so I will be documenting whether or not the tune is worth it. I also have a OBD II scanner which documents data from the engine as well. If any questions feel free to ask!
      What code? Could it simply be because you disconnected the battery? How long has the code been active (run time)?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
      Mass_Paul
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      * 1 of 4 2014 Dodge Dart GT 4 Door Sedans manufactured in the same color paint &
      built with the same equipment, options & groups (configurations) in the United States

Mods:
      • RRM 2.4L Spectrum Tuner & Lightweight Pulley
      • Injen 2.4L CAI
      • MPx Bored Throttle Body, Polished Shift Knob & Stubby Antenna
      • Deyeme Clutch Delay Valve Delete & Rear Mount (Flex)
      • Autolite Copper Plugs
      • Rally Armor Flaps
      • AVS In-Channel Ventvisors

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Rear Spoiler Mud Flaps Mopar Black Fuel Door Lightweight Pulley Modern Performance Syked ECU Tune
      Liked
      3 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      So when I first installed the new ecu (I chose to order a new one so I didn't have to send my stock one out) there was an engine light on. I uninstalled. Now with the syked ecu in with 93 octane gas I have three codes, however these codes didn't make my engine light turn on. The obd II scanner I used told me I have P0610, U0140, and P1500 codes. Because the engine light isn't on I feel in isn't to serious. My guess is that because I put a new ecu or pcm in the car is "confused", I don't know. I will keep updating this thread with my opinion of this tune and any other codes that might be thrown.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      747 times
      Mentioned
      131 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      P0610-ECU VEHICLE OPTIONS MISMATCH

P1500-ECU CONFIGURATION MISMATCH

U0140-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH BODY CONTROL MODULE

You need to do a PROXI. The BCM does not like your PCM. See the alfaOBD app thread:
      https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodg...llignment.html
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3865 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by alpinegreenneon View Post

You need to do a PROXI. The BCM does not like your PCM. See the alfaOBD app thread:
      https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodg...llignment.html
      If the CEL isn't illuminated, they're probably pending codes, which may mean the issue was transient and is no longer present. These codes should trigger a CEL otherwise.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      747 times
      Mentioned
      131 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      It's possible the Syked tune has turned off the check engine light for these codes so that the mismatch would not be noticed by the average buyer. Has a PROXI alignment been done?

Theory of Operation

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) stores a copy of the vehicle’s module build configuration in its EEPROM. If the stored information in the PCM does not match the information sent over by the BCM of what modules are active on the CAN Bus, the DTC will set.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored:

•This diagnostic runs one time at initial ignition on with system voltage between 9.0 and 16.0 volts.

Set Conditions:

•The vehicle’s topology does not match the original factory programming.
      ◦This can be from a module being added, subtracted, or replaced without performing a proxi alignment procedure.

•This DTC can set if the PCM was replaced and the VIN was not programed before the proxi alignment procedure was performed.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs one time during an ignition cycle when the following conditions are met:

•One time at initial ignition on with system voltage between 9.0 and 16.0 volts.
      •The BCM variant data is received more than once over the CAN Bus.
      •The BCM variant data is in a valid range.
      •The Vehicle Configuration Learn Routine is not finished.

Set Conditions:

•The vehicle option data received over the CAN Bus does not match the data stored in the EEPROM of the PCM.

•When Monitored:
      Ignition run time is greater than one second. Battery voltage between 9.0 and 16.0 volts.

•Set Condition:
      The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) doesn't receive a Body Control Module (BCM) message over the CAN C bus for seven consecutive seconds. The circuit is continuously monitored.
      Last edited by alpinegreenneon; 02-05-2018 at 06:41 AM.
      -Case

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM LW pulley, EC CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, Rally Armors, Heartthrob exhaust
      Liked
      1949 times
      Mentioned
      288 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      From the above codes, it just sounds like communication errors from the new ECU. A proxi alignment should do the trick. You can download the ALFA OBDII app and the adapter. kind of pricy for the combo, but definitely worth it. Maybe a little under $100, but you can do a ton of stuff, and with a new ECU, that would probably be good to be able to control a lot of the communication sides of things that it can do.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      3 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      As far as I know there hasn't been a proxy alignment done. I looked into the other thread that explains it and I will definitely purchase the tools required to perform one. However I do have one question, If I do the proxy will it reset my new ecu and screw up the tune on it? And Alpine you do bring up a good point in which Syked could have turned these codes off so the average buyer doesn't see them. When I have free time this week, I will give Syked a call and talk to them about these codes.

In the mean time I am still testing the tune and will document whether it is worth it. Upon driving the car today I notice a huge difference down low and throttle response has significantly increased. Also, I don't now how to explain it but the shifts seem much smoother. Towards the top end the car does continue to pull and going over the speed limit is much easier to do.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      747 times
      Mentioned
      131 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Trident15 View Post
      As far as I know there hasn't been a proxy alignment done. I looked into the other thread that explains it and I will definitely purchase the tools required to perform one. However I do have one question, If I do the proxy will it reset my new ecu and screw up the tune on it? And Alpine you do bring up a good point in which Syked could have turned these codes off so the average buyer doesn't see them. When I have free time this week, I will give Syked a call and talk to them about these codes.
      The PROXI alignment does not reset or change the ECU. It configures the BCM.
      From the FSM:
      The BCM stores and compares vehicle configuration data with other Electronic Control Units (ECU) in the vehicle. This process is referred to as PRogramming Of Configuration of Systems Integrated (PROCSI) (also known as PROXI). If a configuration mismatch is detected, the BCM sets a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC). A configuration mismatch will require the performance of a Restore BCM PROXI Configuration routine, or a PROXI Configuration Alignment routine using a diagnostic scan tool.

The P0610 and the P1500 both should have illuminated the check engine light.
      -Case

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3865 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by alpinegreenneon View Post
      The PROXI alignment does not reset or change the ECU. It configures the BCM.
      From the FSM:
      The BCM stores and compares vehicle configuration data with other Electronic Control Units (ECU) in the vehicle. This process is referred to as PRogramming Of Configuration of Systems Integrated (PROCSI) (also known as PROXI). If a configuration mismatch is detected, the BCM sets a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC). A configuration mismatch will require the performance of a Restore BCM PROXI Configuration routine, or a PROXI Configuration Alignment routine using a diagnostic scan tool.

The P0610 and the P1500 both should have illuminated the check engine light.
      When he first installed the new ECU, he did have a CEL. Then he removed it, refueled with high-ocatane, and reinstalled the Syked ECU. Now he is seeing codes, presumably using a code reader, but the light is off. I can't imagine that Syked is rolling out tunes that suppress valid DTCs, but I suppose anything is possible. A question, though: are DTCs stored in the BCM or ECU?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links