Syked ECU Tune and will it improve your Perfomance? - Page 3
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Syked ECU Tune and will it improve your Perfomance?

This is a discussion on Syked ECU Tune and will it improve your Perfomance? within the New Member Introduction forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Originally Posted by jsblanch Is the blown engine your reason for no longer running the Syked ECU tune? While I don't have a 2.0L Dart, ...

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Syked ECU Tune and will it improve your Perfomance?

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Manual Blue Streak Pearl Coat
      Mods
      See signature
      Liked
      160 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      Is the blown engine your reason for no longer running the Syked ECU tune? While I don't have a 2.0L Dart, and after interacting with Kevin in the few days he was a member here before being permanently banned, I simply wouldn't trust him to run a 5 cent roadside lemonade stand without somehow starting at least one 5-alarm lemon fire, some actual real-world experience would be useful for anybody looking to purchase this product.
      Damn he was banned too? (Like Torque?).. Man I wish I would have been active in this forum a few years prior just for the popcorn experience.. But that really sucks all that happened and I'm glad you got away fairly unscathed considering the alternative to a blown engine (was it the engine or head or what?)
      Mods:
      NGK LZTR4A-11 5306 copper spark plugs gapped to .048
      MOPAR Cold Air Intake
      MOPAR Shift knob
      Deyeme ice blue CDV delete
      Deyeme Short shift arm
      Deyeme ice blue shift rod
      Deyeme ice blue Firm Rear Trans Mount
      Kenda Kaiser KR-20s (Front)
      Metal blue valve stem caps
      Chrome door handle covers

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3862 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Dartanyion View Post
      Damn he was banned too? (Like Torque?).. Man I wish I would have been active in this forum a few years prior just for the popcorn experience.. But that really sucks all that happened and I'm glad you got away fairly unscathed considering the alternative to a blown engine (was it the engine or head or what?)
      Syked ECU was never an official vendor, just a member for a couple of days who joined because he couldn't stand the idea that people were saying bad things about his product and had to defend his honor or whatever. Before all the posts were burned in holy moderator fire he told me that he wouldn't want me as a customer anyway. I think the official reason for banning him was that he wasn't a supporting vendor, so he wasn't actually allowed to come here and discuss his products.

Also, Tork isn't banned, as far as I know. John and his employees just stopped coming around because they stopped supporting the Dart platform and are no longer supporting vendors.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Manual Blue Streak Pearl Coat
      Mods
      See signature
      Liked
      160 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Syked ECU was never an official vendor, just a member for a couple of days who joined because he couldn't stand the idea that people were saying bad things about his product and had to defend his honor or whatever. Before all the posts were burned in holy moderator fire he told me that he wouldn't want me as a customer anyway. I think the official reason for banning him was that he wasn't a supporting vendor, so he wasn't actually allowed to come here and discuss his products.

Also, Tork isn't banned, as far as I know. John and his employees just stopped coming around because they stopped supporting the Dart platform and are no longer supporting vendors.
      Ohhh... Gotcha. I thought John at least was banned. Oh well.
      Mods:
      NGK LZTR4A-11 5306 copper spark plugs gapped to .048
      MOPAR Cold Air Intake
      MOPAR Shift knob
      Deyeme ice blue CDV delete
      Deyeme Short shift arm
      Deyeme ice blue shift rod
      Deyeme ice blue Firm Rear Trans Mount
      Kenda Kaiser KR-20s (Front)
      Metal blue valve stem caps
      Chrome door handle covers

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3862 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Ohhh... Gotcha. I thought John at least was banned. Oh well.
      Nah, I think he may have been encouraged not to participate in the forums quite so... vigorously, and eventually he left the forums to other employees, but he wasn't banned.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart 2.0 Automatic
      Mods
      Rear Spoiler Mud Flaps Mopar Black Fuel Door Lightweight Pulley Modern Performance Syked ECU Tune
      Liked
      3 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Is the blown engine your reason for no longer running the Syked ECU tune? While I don't have a 2.0L Dart, and after interacting with Kevin in the few days he was a member here before being permanently banned, I simply wouldn't trust him to run a 5 cent roadside lemonade stand without somehow starting at least one 5-alarm lemon fire, some actual real-world experience would be useful for anybody looking to purchase this product.
      The blown engine is the reason for not running the tune. On top of that, if the engine was good and this tune was safe, I still wouldn't run this tune. The for increase on gas, and the little horsepower/torque it gives you, it really isn't worth it. Intake temperatures run way to high during spirited driving. And im sure the trans fluid is cooked. I have driven all three of the dart platforms and with a tune (for the 2.0), its pretty much feels like the 2.4. I drove a tuned 1.4 and that was the "fastest" dart I drove. Only tune i would trust is an actually dyno tune, not something tuned 1000s of miles away.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart 2.0 Automatic
      Mods
      Rear Spoiler Mud Flaps Mopar Black Fuel Door Lightweight Pulley Modern Performance Syked ECU Tune
      Liked
      3 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      So there was a combination of things that happened. I am very friendly with my dealership and was there inspecting what happned to my motor. My head was extremely warped and damaged, it wasn't worth resurfacing, they just gave me a new one. My longblock was destroyed (i have no idea how i drove my car their, guess filling it with water every drive helped with it not overheating) cylinders 1 and 4 were destroyed and my cylinder walls badly worn for the mileage. only had 47000 miles at the time of the blown headgasket/motor. i will say with all the abuse, the 2.0 is a very reliable motor. Just need a better tuner even though tuning this car isn't worth it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links