Syked ECU Tune and will it improve your Perfomance? - Page 2
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Syked ECU Tune and will it improve your Perfomance?

This is a discussion on Syked ECU Tune and will it improve your Perfomance? within the New Member Introduction forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; P codes are powertrain codes and likely are stored in the PCM. B, C, and U codes seem to be shared through the CAN bus ...

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Syked ECU Tune and will it improve your Perfomance?

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      747 times
      Mentioned
      131 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      P codes are powertrain codes and likely are stored in the PCM. B, C, and U codes seem to be shared through the CAN bus probably in the BCM. The FSM is not very clear about this. The Data Link Connector under the dash has no direct wire to the PCM but instead has wires to the CAN bus network.

Found this in the FSM in the Diagnostic Section:
      NOTE: IMPORTANT: Some Control Modules simply pass information from one Control Module to the other. In some cases, a U-code DTC may be set that implicates the “pass-through” module that sent the information. For example, if an Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor DTC is set in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), the HVAC module may set an “Implausible Data from BCM” DTC because the BCM is the module that normally passes that information from the PCM to the HVAC module. However, the BCM may not set any DTCs related to the faulted ECT Sensor because the BCM does not use the ECT information. In this case, the PCM ECT DTC should be diagnosed before the Implausible Data DTC. If you suspect a scenario like this, diagnose the non U-code DTC(s) before diagnosing any Implausible Data, Implausible Signal, Invalid Data, or Missing Message DTCs.
      Last edited by alpinegreenneon; 02-06-2018 at 06:56 AM.
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3865 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by alpinegreenneon View Post
      P codes are powertrain codes and likely are stored in the PCM. B, C, and U codes seem to be shared through the CAN bus probably in the BCM. The FSM is not very clear about this. The Data Link Connector under the dash has no direct wire to the PCM but instead has wires to the CAN bus network.

Found this in the FSM in the Diagnostic Section:
      NOTE: IMPORTANT: Some Control Modules simply pass information from one Control Module to the other. In some cases, a U-code DTC may be set that implicates the “pass-through” module that sent the information. For example, if an Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor DTC is set in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), the HVAC module may set an “Implausible Data from BCM” DTC because the BCM is the module that normally passes that information from the PCM to the HVAC module. However, the BCM may not set any DTCs related to the faulted ECT Sensor because the BCM does not use the ECT information. In this case, the PCM ECT DTC should be diagnosed before the Implausible Data DTC. If you suspect a scenario like this, diagnose the non U-code DTC(s) before diagnosing any Implausible Data, Implausible Signal, Invalid Data, or Missing Message DTCs.
      I was just wondering if swapping out the ECU while DTCs are set might have caused some unexpected behavior like what the OP is reporting now, with DTCs apparently set but no CEL.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart 2.0 Automatic
      Mods
      Rear Spoiler Mud Flaps Mopar Black Fuel Door Lightweight Pulley Modern Performance Syked ECU Tune
      Liked
      3 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      I was just wondering if swapping out the ECU while DTCs are set might have caused some unexpected behavior like what the OP is reporting now, with DTCs apparently set but no CEL.
      I went to clear the codes that were shown, however after initial startup again, they reappear but what confuses me is that no CEL is illuminated. I will be performing the proxi alignment and contacting Syked very soon to understand this confusion.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member

Vehicle
      Liked
      3865 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Trident15 View Post
      I went to clear the codes that were shown, however after initial startup again, they reappear but what confuses me is that no CEL is illuminated. I will be performing the proxi alignment and contacting Syked very soon to understand this confusion.
      Based on what @alpinegreenneon posted, those are all conditions that are tested pretty much when you start the car, so it's normal that they come back quickly if the conditions are right to trigger them, but it's really weird that they don't turn on the light. I don't think that's osmething Syked messes with, but who know.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Manual Blue Streak Pearl Coat
      Mods
      See signature
      Liked
      160 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @Trident15 , just curious if you were ever able to get the Proxi done and if it resolved the issue?
      Mods:
      NGK LZTR4A-11 5306 copper spark plugs gapped to .048
      MOPAR Cold Air Intake
      MOPAR Shift knob
      Deyeme ice blue CDV delete
      Deyeme Short shift arm
      Deyeme ice blue shift rod
      Deyeme ice blue Firm Rear Trans Mount
      Kenda Kaiser KR-20s (Front)
      Metal blue valve stem caps
      Chrome door handle covers

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Rear Spoiler Mud Flaps Mopar Black Fuel Door Lightweight Pulley Modern Performance Syked ECU Tune
      Liked
      3 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @Dartanyion I brought my car to my friends shop and his pro code reader didn't pull up any codes. I'm assuming that the code reader I have could be wrong or just extremely sensitive. I have had this tune for quite some time now and will be doing a write up on why you shouldn't purchase this. I have taken the tune off permanently and will never put it back on. Also sorry to all, I have been gone for awhile.
      McLabia, Dartanyion and jsblanch like this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is 04-03-2019: Installed Genuine
      Mopar Pedal Kit Manual Part
      Number: 82214197

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      Mods
      RRM Lightweight Pulley*Injen CAI*MPx Bored Throttle Body*CDV Delete*Flex Rear Mount
      Liked
      342 times
      Mentioned
      19 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @Dartanyion I brought my car to my friends shop and his pro code reader didn't pull up any codes. I'm assuming that the code reader I have could be wrong or just extremely sensitive. I have had this tune for quite some time now and will be doing a write up on why you shouldn't purchase this. I have taken the tune off permanently and will never put it back on. Also sorry to all, I have been gone for awhile.
      Just FYI, and not having anything to do with a tune, I was showing a P520 on my cheap scanner, my AlfaOBD and from the free check at Advanced Auto. My local mechanic, whom I have used for years, did not see any of these. In fact, he saw battery over voltage. When I finally went to the Chrysler dealership, they also saw the P520. Interested in what codes the AlfaOBD shows (if you do have it). I am beginning to thing that the Dart might not play nice with "generic" diagnostic tools. May have just been an anomaly that I experienced, but something you may want to look at before you give up on your investment.

Additionally, did you call Syked and get any support?
      Mass_Paul
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      * 1 of 4 2014 Dodge Dart GT 4 Door Sedans manufactured in the same color paint &
      built with the same equipment, options & groups (configurations) in the United States

Mods:
      • RRM 2.4L Spectrum Tuner & Lightweight Pulley
      • Injen 2.4L CAI
      • MPx Bored Throttle Body, Polished Shift Knob & Stubby Antenna
      • Deyeme Clutch Delay Valve Delete & Rear Mount (Flex)
      • Autolite Copper Plugs
      • Rally Armor Flaps
      • AVS In-Channel Ventvisors

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      3 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      The codes that came up didn't hurt my car. Multiple other scanners far superior to mine showed 0 codes thrown with the tune on. I am still cleaning up a full write up of this tune. The pros and cons. However just keeping it short, with the tune active I ended up blowing a head gasket in the dart. Luckily i was able to get a new engine under warranty somehow. But their are many reasons that happened, none of which were due to the orginal codes that were thrown via my scanner but were due to the tune itself. I will explain it in a full write up soon. As far as contacting skyed, i never contacted them about the orginal codes that were thrown. @Mass_Paul

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4L Turbo 6 Speed, Blue Streak
      Mods
      See signature, I apparently have too many for this little box
      Liked
      173 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Some codes will not show up on scanners outside of dealer Witech
      Since I've done too much to fit in this signature, check out my list of modifications here: https://i.imgur.com/8dj5UJG.png

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member

Vehicle
      Liked
      3865 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      The codes that came up didn't hurt my car. Multiple other scanners far superior to mine showed 0 codes thrown with the tune on. I am still cleaning up a full write up of this tune. The pros and cons. However just keeping it short, with the tune active I ended up blowing a head gasket in the dart. Luckily i was able to get a new engine under warranty somehow. But their are many reasons that happened, none of which were due to the orginal codes that were thrown via my scanner but were due to the tune itself. I will explain it in a full write up soon. As far as contacting skyed, i never contacted them about the orginal codes that were thrown. @Mass_Paul
      Is the blown engine your reason for no longer running the Syked ECU tune? While I don't have a 2.0L Dart, and after interacting with Kevin in the few days he was a member here before being permanently banned, I simply wouldn't trust him to run a 5 cent roadside lemonade stand without somehow starting at least one 5-alarm lemon fire, some actual real-world experience would be useful for anybody looking to purchase this product.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links