Dodge Dart Forum banner

New owner and already messed up

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dad's dart 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I just bought a used 2013 Dart Aero used. I have literally had it for less than 12 hours. I just cleaned the dash to stick on a Magnetic mount to hold my phone and I rubbed a 6 inch chunk of the dash off. Seriously...WTF? Is there any kind of fix out there or something? The car is super clean and in really good shape and I am super happy but now I have this big circle in the middle of the dash. HELP!

#2 ·
Pics?

#5 · (Edited)
@jonnyems -

Damn! ... What did you use to "clean" the dash pad?

Your best bet is to purchase a replacement dash pad.

The "Instrument Panel Pad" for your 2013 Dodge Dart AERO lists for ~$150 from MOPAR (i.e., your local CDJR dealership) ... but are available on the "Interwebs" for much less.

Here's a current eBay listing for $85 (+S&H): 13-14 Dodge Dart Black Upper Instrument Panel Dash Pad

#6 ·
It was just a rubbing alcohol pad that came with the mount. I have never had a vehicle with any kind of coating over the plastic, so I didn't think anything of it. I may just replace it, or continue the alcohol treatment so that it is at least uniform across the whole pad. I also thought about finishing stripping it and either painting it a red, to match the accent interior color, or having a friend of mine paint some sort of interesting design onto it...maybe just pinstripe it somehow. I am open to suggestion at this point. Is this piece hard to remove? I did locate the screw on the passenger side and from the photos on the ebay link, it looks like it is just click tabs. THOUGHTS???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.