New Car Choices - Page 20
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

    New Car Choices

    This is a discussion on New Car Choices within the General Automotive Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Originally Posted by jsblanch I question why GM is even doing this. There's nothing wrong with them wanting to build a high-performance mid-engine car, but ...

    User Tag List

    Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Results 191 to 200 of 203
    Like Tree142Likes

    Thread: New Car Choices

    1. #191
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Dartanyion's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Location
      South
      Posts
      521
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Manual Blue Streak Pearl Coat
      Mods
      See signature
      Liked
      160 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      I question why GM is even doing this. There's nothing wrong with them wanting to build a high-performance mid-engine car, but why make it a 'Vette? This is an iconic car with 66 years of history that they're screwing around with. Also, if they got the chassis specs and the wiring harnesses wrong, I question the quality of the engineering going into this thing.
      GM has always played with the Corvette in one way or the other. There have been a hand full of mid engine Vette concept cars over the years (even one with a Wankel rotary in it) but I think that the easiest answer is that GM positioned the Vette to be an overpriced supercar over the past 15 years and this is just a natural progression of that..

      And because the people who actually CAN and WANT to afford a Vette are getting too old to drive and dying off they need a way to entice the younger rich boy crowd.
      Mods:
      NGK LZTR4A-11 5306 copper spark plugs gapped to .048
      MOPAR Cold Air Intake
      MOPAR Shift knob
      Deyeme ice blue CDV delete
      Deyeme Short shift arm
      Deyeme ice blue shift rod
      Deyeme ice blue Firm Rear Trans Mount
      Kenda Kaiser KR-20s (Front)
      Metal blue valve stem caps
      Chrome door handle covers

    2. #192
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Mass_Paul's Avatar
      is 04-03-2019: Installed Genuine
      Mopar Pedal Kit Manual Part
      Number: 82214197
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Worcester County, Massachusetts
      Posts
      1,099
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      Mods
      RRM Lightweight Pulley*Injen CAI*MPx Bored Throttle Body*CDV Delete*Flex Rear Mount
      Liked
      345 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      19 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Ford Is Planning a New 'Affordable' Model After Killing All of Its Most Affordable Models

      https://jalopnik.com/ford-is-plannin...g-a-1834137275

      I knew that there would be a change from basically just the SUV and Mustang offering they announced last year, but I thought it would be a couple of years until it cycled back.
      Mass_Paul
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      * 1 of 4 2014 Dodge Dart GT 4 Door Sedans manufactured in the same color paint &
      built with the same equipment, options & groups (configurations) in the United States


      Mods:
      • RRM 2.4L Spectrum Tuner & Lightweight Pulley
      • Injen 2.4L CAI
      • MPx Bored Throttle Body, Polished Shift Knob & Stubby Antenna
      • Deyeme Clutch Delay Valve Delete & Rear Mount (Flex)
      • Autolite Copper Plugs
      • Rally Armor Flaps
      • AVS In-Channel Ventvisors

    3. #193
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      jsblanch's Avatar
      Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mississauga, ON
      Posts
      5,980
      Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3871 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Mass_Paul View Post
      Ford Is Planning a New 'Affordable' Model After Killing All of Its Most Affordable Models

      https://jalopnik.com/ford-is-plannin...g-a-1834137275

      I knew that there would be a change from basically just the SUV and Mustang offering they announced last year, but I thought it would be a couple of years until it cycled back.
      Why the assumption that it will be a car? It will likely be a small bare-bones CUV. They had "affordable" cars in their lineup. People weren't buying them.

    4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements
       

    5. #194
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Mass_Paul's Avatar
      is 04-03-2019: Installed Genuine
      Mopar Pedal Kit Manual Part
      Number: 82214197
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Worcester County, Massachusetts
      Posts
      1,099
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      Mods
      RRM Lightweight Pulley*Injen CAI*MPx Bored Throttle Body*CDV Delete*Flex Rear Mount
      Liked
      345 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      19 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      Why the assumption that it will be a car? It will likely be a small bare-bones CUV. They had "affordable" cars in their lineup. People weren't buying them.
      That's true. It will probably have the looks of a little SUV with none of the advantages and less cargo space if they would just of made it a hatchback. It will be a Fiesta platform with a big box on top of it.
      Mass_Paul
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      * 1 of 4 2014 Dodge Dart GT 4 Door Sedans manufactured in the same color paint &
      built with the same equipment, options & groups (configurations) in the United States


      Mods:
      • RRM 2.4L Spectrum Tuner & Lightweight Pulley
      • Injen 2.4L CAI
      • MPx Bored Throttle Body, Polished Shift Knob & Stubby Antenna
      • Deyeme Clutch Delay Valve Delete & Rear Mount (Flex)
      • Autolite Copper Plugs
      • Rally Armor Flaps
      • AVS In-Channel Ventvisors

    6. #195
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      jsblanch's Avatar
      Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mississauga, ON
      Posts
      5,980
      Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3871 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Mass_Paul View Post
      That's true. It will probably have the looks of a little SUV with none of the advantages and less cargo space if they would just of made it a hatchback. It will be a Fiesta platform with a big box on top of it.
      And a jacked-up ride height to ruin any chance at good handling.

    7. #196
      Crew Chief
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      dad's dart's Avatar
      is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      8,426
      Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      I question why GM is even doing this. There's nothing wrong with them wanting to build a high-performance mid-engine car, but why make it a 'Vette? This is an iconic car with 66 years of history that they're screwing around with. Also, if they got the chassis specs and the wiring harnesses wrong, I question the quality of the engineering going into this thing.
      The thing that has made the front engine, pushrod powered, Corvette so Iconic is that it had curb appeal and gobs of power at a pretty low price point in normal trims. The lower pricing has always been the top draw and the trade-offs were pretty minimal once the bugs were worked out of a new model run. Now with mid engine, GM is truly playing with the big boys and I do not believe that a lower price point (below 70K to start) can be had without many hidden nasty secrets under the skin of it. If anything - if they thought they could afford a stand alone flagship with a mid engine selling in low low volume, they should have kept a Corvette with a front engine and a manual in the lineup. I would say that it is the beginning of the end of an era that lasted since 1953. The Camaro will not fill the void. Camaro is still, despite the newer designs and technology, a symbol of the Mullet , Bad Classic Rock, (keyword Bad) and perhaps the preferred mode of transport for a Mule . Oddly enough, I've considered a Camaro for quite some time. Not sure what that says about me ........ but the Vette? Always symbolized the Starship Cruiser to me. And I'm not too keen on having the power box right behind my head.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

    8. #197
      Crew Chief
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      dad's dart's Avatar
      is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      8,426
      Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Anyone here still care about new cars coming out in the next two years? How about the inevitable impact of the electric changeover? I can't get used to the idea of not hearing the starting of an internal combustion engine and having it be there as the "Heart" of the car and car experience.
      Yesterday for the first time I was walking back to my car in a grocery store lot and a recent model Chevy Cruze was slowing down to park. Driver stopped to go in reverse and the engine shut off. Restarted of course when drivers foot went off the gas pedal. I stood there and watched in a sort of amused horror as it did the on&off three times during the parking event. Seamless? If you consider the sound of a routine "yip yip yip start" sound to be seamless then I guess it is that. I would need some kind of electro-shock therapy to have my head wrap around this kind of experience on a daily basis.
      Leave house in a Cruze.
      Stop at stop sign right by my house.
      Engine off.
      Look both ways. Lift foot off brake.
      Yip yip yip start.
      Drive to the traffic light 300 yards away. Red light.
      Engine off.
      Light is green.
      Lift foot again.
      Yip yip yip start.
      Drive to next point where traffic is backed up a bit by a store entrance. Stop behind car in front.
      Engine off.
      Cars in front move 30 feet.
      Yip yip start.
      Cars in front stop again for cross traffic. Stop again.
      Engine off.
      Traffic moves again.
      Yip yip shake yip yiiipp start.
      Up ahead I see slow moving traffic due to rush hour.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

    9. #198
      Newb
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Posts
      26
      Vehicle
      2013 SXT 1.4L - manual
      Liked
      7 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      Anyone here still care about new cars coming out in the next two years? How about the inevitable impact of the electric changeover? I can't get used to the idea of not hearing the starting of an internal combustion engine and having it be there as the "Heart" of the car and car experience.
      Yesterday for the first time I was walking back to my car in a grocery store lot and a recent model Chevy Cruze was slowing down to park. Driver stopped to go in reverse and the engine shut off. Restarted of course when drivers foot went off the gas pedal. I stood there and watched in a sort of amused horror as it did the on&off three times during the parking event. Seamless? If you consider the sound of a routine "yip yip yip start" sound to be seamless then I guess it is that. I would need some kind of electro-shock therapy to have my head wrap around this kind of experience on a daily basis.
      Leave house in a Cruze.
      Stop at stop sign right by my house.
      Engine off.
      Look both ways. Lift foot off brake.
      Yip yip yip start.
      Drive to the traffic light 300 yards away. Red light.
      Engine off.
      Light is green.
      Lift foot again.
      Yip yip yip start.
      Drive to next point where traffic is backed up a bit by a store entrance. Stop behind car in front.
      Engine off.
      Cars in front move 30 feet.
      Yip yip start.
      Cars in front stop again for cross traffic. Stop again.
      Engine off.
      Traffic moves again.
      Yip yip shake yip yiiipp start.
      Up ahead I see slow moving traffic due to rush hour.
      I have eAssist (small hybrid) in my 2018 Silverado and it works flawlessly. You're right it may sound a little weird if you're doing an awkward 3 point turn to park in a busy parking lot, but there's no delay. I don't floor it out of the 'restarts' but you take your foot off and it's fired up and rolling.

    10. #199
      Crew Chief
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      dad's dart's Avatar
      is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      8,426
      Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by PoisonIvy View Post
      I have eAssist (small hybrid) in my 2018 Silverado and it works flawlessly. You're right it may sound a little weird if you're doing an awkward 3 point turn to park in a busy parking lot, but there's no delay. I don't floor it out of the 'restarts' but you take your foot off and it's fired up and rolling.
      I think with me it's a psychological thing. I've always felt "attached" to whatever car I ever drove. Even some gutless little cars from back in the day I always was listening for whatever quirks they had and I would adjust my driving accordingly. Like the quirks of an automatic trans or just the way a car idles and sounds at different speeds. I admit that I'm weird that way. But when I hear anything "different" that interrupts the drive experience, I am bothered by it and look for solutions. For that matter, it's why a total electric car would bug me. Almost zero sound feedback - as though your operating a ghost or phantom machine.
      It is a curious bit of trivia that Chevy had many complaints about the start/stop in the Cruze. So much so that they finally put a delete switch on the latest model ! And now it's cancelled.
      But, I get it. We should all be too busy to notice little things like start/stop and just have our radios turned up or be chatting on the Bluetooth phone. More and more, we're supposed to look at vehicles as appliances. But I never will be able to do that. Any more than if science came up with a 100% reliable electric heart / vascular system for us beings - with no actual beat. Or worse... a mimic beat that has to shut down at rest to save battery!
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

    11. #200
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      1,780
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1127 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Everything new is garbage. Way too complicated in design with too many areas for faults to occur. Just be glad we lived through the good part of Automotive history. The late 2000's was the end of an era.

      Electric cars have no soul, no identity, and no intrigue. If somebody gave me a FREE Tesla Model S I would instantly sell it and buy an ICE car.
      dad's dart likes this.

     

     
    Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Suspension Choices
      By 805moparkid in forum Dodge Dart Suspension - Chassis
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: 04-06-2016, 06:10 PM
    2. The choices we make...
      By Delta Dart in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 03-10-2016, 10:12 PM
    3. Exhaust choices
      By jeremy in forum Dodge Dart GT
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 02-27-2016, 07:03 AM
    4. So many choices, so indecisive! HELP
      By DELAWAREDART in forum Dodge Dart Appearance
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 12-13-2014, 02:30 PM
    5. Intercooler choices?
      By 13SXT in forum Dodge Dart 1.4L MultiAir Turbo
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 08-23-2013, 08:10 PM