Big Memorial Holiday Dollars Off
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Big Memorial Holiday Dollars Off within the Fiat Chrysler Automobile Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Man.... if I was in the market for a trade up, I can't believe the amount of money FCA is throwing at Challengers and Chargers ...

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By jsblanch
    • 1 Post By jsblanch

Thread: Big Memorial Holiday Dollars Off

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Man.... if I was in the market for a trade up, I can't believe the amount of money FCA is throwing at Challengers and Chargers in my area. One thing is odd - the V8's have all but disappeared from local inventories. So, I don't know if it's just a regional thing or what. But we're talking like 6 or 8 Grand off of some leftover V6 units. Two days they say. Yesterday and today. But I'm guessing until the end of month in reality. Still..... amazing. Considering that the competition is no where near that kind of brutal discounting. Even a lease (for dreamers) on a Challenger SXT base is like 189/mo plus tax, etc. The usual couple grand down, but on par with everybody else.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3869 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      Man.... if I was in the market for a trade up, I can't believe the amount of money FCA is throwing at Challengers and Chargers in my area. One thing is odd - the V8's have all but disappeared from local inventories. So, I don't know if it's just a regional thing or what. But we're talking like 6 or 8 Grand off of some leftover V6 units. Two days they say. Yesterday and today. But I'm guessing until the end of month in reality. Still..... amazing. Considering that the competition is no where near that kind of brutal discounting. Even a lease (for dreamers) on a Challenger SXT base is like 189/mo plus tax, etc. The usual couple grand down, but on par with everybody else.
      My local dealer has 454 new vehicles in their inventory, 224 SUVs, 195 trucks, 31 passenger vans, and 4 coupes. Of those 4 coupes, one is a 2017 Hellcat manual, two are 2018 SRT 392 automatics, and one is a pretty basic 2018 V6 SXT automatic. Their inventory accurately reflects what they can expect to sell. If I had the budget for a car of that type, I'd go in and try to get a good deal on the Hellcat. It's getting near the end of the month, and they've had that car in their possession for over a year now. That car is costing them money and taking up space just sitting there. I bet they would sell it for a lot less than the CAD $77,777.00 they are currently asking. That would be one hell of a cruising machine.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      ^ I've seen cars sit on lots for nearly three years, counting the model year factor. FCA is giving more to the dealers to play with than any other manufacturer. The most glaring examples in my area are the Toyota 86's that are on every single dealer lot (four)) in the 40 mile radius. Both special editions (orange with stripes) and a lesser priced companion. A small chunk of change thrown at them but still not dramatic. It's as though the mfg doesn't want to set a precedent . I mean, at this point, you'd be better off with a brand new model year without the discount. Same goes for what appears the disaster that was (is) the Mazda MX5 & the RF. Here we are in prime sports selling season and nobody wants them.
      It'll be interesting to see what models and what companies throw in the towel on certain models. But if I were to be so bold, I believe that in nearly all these leftover cases, it's the poor horsepower that keeps them sitting. Not too many people want to throw down around 30K on a new car and have to add mods just to make it be Fun fun instead of just fun ​.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Hey! Almost a YEAR since last Memorial Day !
      Difference is THIS year - for some odd reason - my local dealer where I bought my Avenger has ZERO Challengers in stock. And it's been ZERO for about two months now. Lots of Trucks and Jeeps of course, but not only no Challys but only two Chargers. And they are in the lower trim - not much going for them. One 300 with a V8. However, other FCA dealers within like 30 miles have a normal number of Challys in stock but not with much push money on them. I wonder if my local dealer is not selling enough to get new inventory or if they just choose not to buy slower moving inventory?
      Big difference between last Memorial Day and this year.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3869 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      Hey! Almost a YEAR since last Memorial Day !
      Difference is THIS year - for some odd reason - my local dealer where I bought my Avenger has ZERO Challengers in stock. And it's been ZERO for about two months now. Lots of Trucks and Jeeps of course, but not only no Challys but only two Chargers. And they are in the lower trim - not much going for them. One 300 with a V8. However, other FCA dealers within like 30 miles have a normal number of Challys in stock but not with much push money on them. I wonder if my local dealer is not selling enough to get new inventory or if they just choose not to buy slower moving inventory?
      Big difference between last Memorial Day and this year.
      The only new cars my local FCA dealer has is at most two Challengers, and they are only ever high-end ones. Otherwise, it's all Jeeps and RAMs.

Newb
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 sxt ralley
      Liked
      6 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Seems like a lot of dealers are pushing trucks and suv's nowadays

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Still, it is a very boring and lack of excitement market right now. Every month of the year is the same promo, same rebates, same leases, same same same. Glad I'm not in the market anymore. Generally speaking "the thrill is gone".
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Sponsored Links