Transmission/Touch Screen Not Working (Not My Dart)
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Transmission/Touch Screen Not Working (Not My Dart) within the Dodge Dart Videos forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; I want to state this is not my Dart and mine is still problem free whooo after 5 months of ownership Unfortunely, the first video ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Moparian

Thread: Transmission/Touch Screen Not Working (Not My Dart)

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Bright Silver SXT- 2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group
      Liked
      170 times
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

I want to state this is not my Dart and mine is still problem free whooo after 5 months of ownership Unfortunely, the first video was a little scary, I hope never to see my Dart like that. Check both of them out. I thought it would be useful to describe what you guys think the problems. Hopefully this is a fluke problem and the dealership will be able to correct it. It never hurts to be informed and keep a watch of things. Also, I want to state that no car is perfect and every kind will always have ones that have a problem here and there. I think for the Dart being a first year car it has done quite well with not to many problems/recalls compared to others.

The first video I noticed the guy said it wasn't letting him shift and that the engine was overheated. I know I read somewhere in the manual that sometimes you can overshift your engine or if it starts to smell of burning you should move it to drive and not the automatic shifting mode. (I think that is what the guy has in the video) If so maybe this was a problem the automated manual and should of been moved to drive earlier when there was a sign of a problem.

I think the second one was it reacting when it was really cold. So that could just be a factor. I'm curious if it stayed like that and what happened after this person turned the key to off and back on again. Maybe it just didn't load correctly the first time or needs one of those updates done at the dealership.
      Last edited by thedart; 01-16-2013 at 02:38 AM.
      Bright Silver Metallic SXT-
      2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Hey wow this is my video.. Wasn't wearing the Manual shift at all. When I said it wasn't letting me shift... I was in automatic and I put it in neutral and back to drive and it wasn't let me shift into drive... Well stick was in "D" but it was acting like it was in neutral.

Took it in the dealer first thing this morning which I had to get a flat bed tow. Even trying to get it on the truck was hard cause neutral was stuck and it read "gear not available"

Anyway there is a recall called "clutch slave cylinder recall".

Not happy... Just had car for 12 days.. Want to return or get a new vehicle. I buy a new car to avoid problems like this... At least for a year...

Will let you know outcome.:: going into dealership this morning. Bummer, I really liked the car otherwise

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is a former Moderator

Vehicle
      2019 Jeep Cherokee
      Liked
      1414 times
      Mentioned
      52 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by randyallenmusic View Post
      Hey wow this is my video.. Wasn't wearing the Manual shift at all. When I said it wasn't letting me shift... I was in automatic and I put it in neutral and back to drive and it wasn't let me shift into drive... Well stick was in "D" but it was acting like it was in neutral.

Took it in the dealer first thing this morning which I had to get a flat bed tow. Even trying to get it on the truck was hard cause neutral was stuck and it read "gear not available"

Not happy... Just had car for 12 days.. Want to return or get a new vehicle. I buy a new car to avoid problems like this... At least for a year...

Will let you know outcome.:: going into dealership this morning. Bummer, I really liked the car otherwise
      That sucks for sure.

Sounds like some find of limp mode/computer freak out.

I assume you have the 1.4T w/DDCT?
      Official Problem-Free/Positive Experience Thread

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite | 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Plus
      3.2L 9-Speed Auto | 3.6L 6-Speed Auto

Quote Originally Posted by SRTEngineers
      We like the Vette! ... Best damn girl's car ever made.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Dodge Insider
      Rank

Rep

is H.A.H

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart SE 6AT
      Mods
      Stock :(
      Liked
      807 times
      Mentioned
      143 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by randyallenmusic View Post

Thats on your dealer, not Dodge. That recall has been out for a while now, they should have proactively fixed the cars on the lot before they sold them. All new cars are going to have issues, at least Dodge is fixing them as they come up vs Toyota who wait years and years until they have to recall 5+ million cars to fix.
      UN4GTBL likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Bright Silver SXT- 2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group
      Liked
      170 times
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Ah that sucks, but I have heard of the clutch slave cylinder recall and ^above is right that the dealership should have caught that, but at least they are aware of it now. As I mentioned above it is a first year car so you take a gamble on any problems that occur. That is the good news that you get a warrantly so anything that goes wrong can be fixed without extreme cost to you. You could of bought a Ford Fusion or Ford Escape and there could have been a problem with it (they had a few recalls as well) and the Fusion is a great car. I'm glad you like the car, but just cause of one early known problem don't let it deter you from wanting a different car.

Dodge has been pretty quick at finding and fixing anything that has gone wrong so far with the Dart. Moparian is right Toyota has had many recalls that are many years after the fact. I would rather find the problem early on than later!
      Bright Silver Metallic SXT-
      2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is missing her Dart!

Vehicle
      '05 Grand Cherokee
      Mods
      [stock]
      Liked
      5686 times
      Mentioned
      516 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      It might suck, but it's better that it happen early than right after your warranty expires, ya know? If you got a new car, you'd be paying for it. It's not a lemon because one problem happened (even a major one). If that same problem happens repeatedly after attempts to fix it by the dealership, then it's a lemon, and you get an equal-or-lesser-value car.

This is not a Dodge problem; as it's been stated above, that TSB [technical service bulletin] should've been handled by the Dealer before you drove your car off the lot. If that is, in fact the issue. It also may not be a transmission problem, but some sensor related to it, as advanced as these cars are now-a-days. Either way, you'll end up with a new transmission and hopefully they'll remember to flash it correctly & you should not ever have the problem again.

edited for syntax.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed M/T
      Liked
      25 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Is the problem in that 2nd video the terrible repeating music? :-)

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      They said it couldn't be done! I just got a refund on my 2013 dodge dart that I drove in for 12 days. The dealer failed to fix the recall before they sold it to me. Of course initially they didn't want to give me a refund and at best they would swap my car out. I had to write a nice long letter to the GM, Steve Wolf, and met with him today. It's a Hawaii dealership called windward auto sales. Great people there. I told them I'd come back if they ever get the rallye I want.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is love my dart

Vehicle
      2013 bright silver metallic Dodge Dart Rallye
      Mods
      5% tint, injen intake, muffler delete
      Liked
      78 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Don't think you will be getting a rallye anytime soon since that package has been discontinued. Did you not like the dart? Like others have said its a first year car, there will be a couple hiccups.

Sponsored Links