Fiat Chrysler recalling 27,520 Dodge Darts for transmission (DDCT) safety issue
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Fiat Chrysler recalling 27,520 Dodge Darts for transmission (DDCT) safety issue within the Dodge Dart TSB's forums, part of the Dodge Dart Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls category; Fiat Chrysler recalling 27,520 Dodge Darts for transmission safety issue DETROIT (AP) - Fiat Chrysler is recalling 27,520 Dodge Darts worldwide because the small cars' ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Fiat Chrysler recalling 27,520 Dodge Darts for transmission (DDCT) safety issue

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Citrus Peel Pearlcoat Rallye w/ 2.0L Powertech
      Mods
      Too many for this box. Visit the build thread, click the link in signature...
      Liked
      4296 times
      Mentioned
      672 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)

Fiat Chrysler recalling 27,520 Dodge Darts for transmission safety issue

DETROIT (AP) - Fiat Chrysler is recalling 27,520 Dodge Darts worldwide because the small cars' transmissions can unexpectedly shift into neutral.

The recall affects Dodge Darts from the 2013-2015 model years with dual dry-clutch transmissions. FCA is recalling 23,688 Darts in the U.S., 3,376 in Canada, five in Mexico and 451 that were sold outside North America.

The company is not aware of any accidents or injuries caused by the defect.

FCA says a mounting bracket can disrupt a circuit board in the transmission control module and shift the vehicle into neutral. The engine stays on and the air bags and other safety features aren't affected.

The dashboard warning light may illuminate if the problem is present.

FCA will notify customers, and dealers will repair the cars for free.

ONLINE: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles recall safety information, and check your VIN number at Safety Recall Information | MOPAR .

YoungSmith53 / Aya Build Thread
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1931 times
      Mentioned
      209 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Hey that's a good start! Now recall the manual transmission too and do the right thing!

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is For great justice.

Vehicle
      2017 Fiat 124 Spider
      Liked
      773 times
      Mentioned
      77 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      The VIN for my 2013 pops up nothing. Maybe they haven't updated their site, yet.
      2013 Aero DDCT
      My Garage
      Build Thread

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3871 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post
      The VIN for my 2013 pops up nothing. Maybe they haven't updated their site, yet.
      Mine either. They may not have actually issued the recall yet. I think I may have experienced this failure once as well. I stopped at a light, and when I went to go, the car was in neutral (though the display said it was in Drive (or 1, if I put it autostick mode) and no error messages popped up. I had to put it in Park and back into Drive for it to engage.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      4296 times
      Mentioned
      672 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      The earliest news of the recall broke this morning as (from what I can find) it hit the AP wire about 8 hours before I posted, so approximately 03:30 EST.
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is For great justice.

Vehicle
      2017 Fiat 124 Spider
      Liked
      773 times
      Mentioned
      77 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      Mine either. They may not have actually issued the recall yet. I think I may have experienced this failure once as well. I stopped at a light, and when I went to go, the car was in neutral (though the display said it was in Drive (or 1, if I put it autostick mode) and no error messages popped up. I had to put it in Park and back into Drive for it to engage.
      I had a strange thing happen last week. After filling up at the gas station, I started the car and "Service Transmission" popped up in the middle of the TFT dash and stayed there. I tried putting it in D and it did, and it seemed to drive fine. I pulled out of the gas station and to the side, shutdown the car, opened and closed my door, and restarted the car, and the message was gone and has not yet recurred. So I'm wondering if this may be related to the TCM issue they are reporting with this recall. We will see if my car comes up for recall.
      2013 Aero DDCT
      My Garage
      Build Thread

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Working for the Weekend

Vehicle
      2013 Dart Limited Special Edition, turbo. Bright Silver, DDCT 1 of 66
      Mods
      Mopar M13 Spoiler Mopar CAI Mopar Front & Rear mud flaps Weathertech Mats Front, Rear & Trunk WI
      Liked
      150 times
      Mentioned
      25 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I checked my 2013 Dart Limited SE DDCT didn't show up in the recall yet either.... I will keep an eye out. My car also did the same service transmission a couple months back. Called to set and appointment and it had cleared up my morning. Lately my car randomly doesn't start after I drive it a short while, then after 5-10 mins it starts.. but with a CEL. Which stays on and eventually goes away. This can be a pain in the ass if you turn your car off at a gas station, chances are you are going to wait 5-10 mins. I need to schedule an appointment, hard part is that it is not always reproducible.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post
      I had a strange thing happen last week. After filling up at the gas station, I started the car and "Service Transmission" popped up in the middle of the TFT dash and stayed there. I tried putting it in D and it did, and it seemed to drive fine. I pulled out of the gas station and to the side, shutdown the car, opened and closed my door, and restarted the car, and the message was gone and has not yet recurred. So I'm wondering if this may be related to the TCM issue they are reporting with this recall. We will see if my car comes up for recall.
      DARTanian

2013 Dart Limited Special Edition - "Bright Silver Metallic" 1 of 66
      1.4 MultiAir Turbo/DDCT -
      Mopar CAI, Mopar M13 Spoiler
      Mopar Mud Flaps F/R
      8.4 UConnect/NAV/Back-up Cam/TFT
      PWR Sunroof / Leather Limited Seats
      Racetrack Tail Lights,
      Challenger Inspired Stripes, Tint all around
      Weathertech Mats F/R & Trunk

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      4296 times
      Mentioned
      672 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Official release from edmunds.com

2013-'15 Dodge Dart Recalled Because Transmission May Unexpectedly Shift to Neutral

WASHINGTON — Fiat-Chrysler is recalling an estimated 23,688 2013-'15 Dodge Dart sedans in the U.S. because the transmission may unexpectedly shift to neutral, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

"The affected vehicles may experience failure of the transmission control module, causing the transmission to unexpectedly shift into neutral," said NHTSA in its recall summary. "If the transmission shifts into neutral, it can cause loss of motive power, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash."

Fiat-Chrysler said it is unaware of any related injuries or accidents.

An internal investigation prompted by a small number of warranty claims discovered a control-module mounting bracket may apply too much force and disrupt the function of a circuit board within the module.

The company said the recall is limited to certain Darts with dual dry-clutch transmissions.

"The engine remains on and the vehicle's airbags, as well as other safety features, are unaffected," Fiat-Chrysler said in a statement. "The condition may also be preceded by the illumination of a dashboard warning light. Customers who observe this are urged to contact their dealers."

The affected Darts were built from February 24, 2012 to June 16, 2015.

Dodge dealers will replace the transmission control module and bracket. A date has not been set for the recall. Owners can contact Fiat-Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403.

Edmunds says: Owners of these cars who notice the dashboard warning light should make a service appointment with their dealer now. Others can wait until they receive their official recall notice, which should be arriving within 60 days.
      Last edited by youngsmith53; 09-15-2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: updated with links
      Mopar_Guy likes this.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      4296 times
      Mentioned
      672 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      OFFICIAL FCA RELEASE:

Statement: Mounting Bracket

September 14, 2015 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC is recalling an estimated 23,688 cars in the U.S. to replace certain control modules and mounting brackets that may contribute to a loss of motive power.

The Company is unaware of any related injuries or accidents.

An FCA US investigation prompted by a small number of warranty claims discovered a control-module mounting bracket may apply too much force and disrupt the function of a circuit board within the module. This condition, unique to certain cars equipped with dual dry-clutch transmissions (DDCT), may cause the transmission to shift into neutral. However, the engine remains on and the vehicle’s air-bags, as well as other safety features, are unaffected.

The condition may also be preceded by the illumination of a dashboard warning light. Customers who observe this are urged to contact their dealers.

The campaign is limited to certain 2013-2015 Dodge Darts equipped with DDCTs. Additional vehicles will be recalled in Canada (3,376), Mexico (five) and outside the NAFTA region (451).

Affected customers will be advised when they may schedule service, which will be performed free of charge. Service will entail installation of a redesigned mounting bracket and replacement of the control module.

Customers with additional questions may call the FCA US Customer Information Center at 1-800-853-1403.
      Last edited by youngsmith53; 09-15-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is For great justice.

Vehicle
      2017 Fiat 124 Spider
      Liked
      773 times
      Mentioned
      77 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Well then I guess I should call my dealer since "Service Transmission" popped up on me last week.
      2013 Aero DDCT
      My Garage
      Build Thread

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links