Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems within the Dodge Dart Transmission forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; I purchased my Dodge Dart Rallye with a 1.4L multiair turbo engine and the automatic dual dry clutch on April 18th of this year. It ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4L Multiair Turbo with Dual Dry Clutch Transmission
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

I purchased my Dodge Dart Rallye with a 1.4L multiair turbo engine and the automatic dual dry clutch on April 18th of this year. It has been an amazing car to me, I traded in my Jeep Wrangler Sahara due to gas mileage issues. This car has been great on fuel and fun to drive. I use it lots and planned a trip home from New Brunswick to Ontario, however, before I left there was a recall on the Transmission Module stating that some cars were stalling so I had the recall fixed before I left to ensure no problems. I drove to Ontario with no problems, all 1800 km's and got incredible fuel mileage. But on September 5th, I was on my way to lunch, left the parking lot and stopped at a stop sign, when i went to accelerate, the car began to roll backwards as if it were in neutral. It began stalling so i rolled it to the side of the road and the "Service Transmission" light came on. I call Chrysler Roadside Assistance and they were very helpful, I was in Barrie, ON and they had a tow truck there within 20 mintues that brought me to a nearby dealer. I explained the situation and began to wait. After 5 hours they were done, they told me they were not sure what was wrong but that the codes were all messed up so they reset all of the codes, made not of it on my file and said they had tested the car and everything was good to go and I would have no problems. I left Ontario on the evening of September 7th and drove all night back to New Brunswick. Returning home, the car hit 17,500km on the odometer. I parked in the driveway and did not use the car until the next morning. I went to leave, got to the end of my street, pulled out onto a major road and the car jumped out of gear and began flashing "gear not available" I was able to pull of the road, shut off the car and restart it and get back to my driveway. I called Chrysler again and they sent another tow truck. They brought me to the dealer I had purchased the car from, I explained what had happened 4 days earlier in Barrie and they said they would call me. They ended up giving me a rental that evening and then called me on the Tuesday. They stated that besides the transmission problem, one of my hydraulic pumps had failed and my car, my brand new car was leaking oil. They said the part wouldn't arrive until Friday and it was a 6 hour job so just stay in the rental and they will call me when they are done. Flash forward to this past Tuesday, I had not heard anything from the deraler, so on my way home from work I stopped in to find out what was happening. The service manager came out and explained to me that the dealership and Chrysler had not heard of a problem like this and aren't sure what is wrong. They removed my transmission, and worked with Chrysler engineers to reset all of the components back to factory settings. They put the transmission back in Tuesday and it did not work. So now they are waiting on Chrysler to figure out a solution to the problem. Luckily my rental is a 2014 Dodge Charger... I am starting to wonder if I should have bought one of those instead. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or heard of this happening with a 2013 Dodge Dart.

Thanks for listening to my lengthy story..
      Name:  dart.jpg
Views: 10224
Size:  363.7 KB

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      490 times
      Mentioned
      65 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Its a shame your having those issues. However many people here that made the error of buying the ddct are having the same issue. Some have had the trans and components completely replaced. Some filed for lemon law. Seems to happening around the mileage your at too. I would only assume those who had everything replaced are trouble free, at least until they drive another 12-16,000 miles.
      @KrazyBeautiful has been with out her car for over a month and its been in and out of the shop its entire life for this issue. Maybe she can help. Also check other threads. There are numerous ones on this very problem.
      Deadpool likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Working for the Weekend

Vehicle
      2013 Dart Limited Special Edition, turbo. Bright Silver, DDCT 1 of 66
      Mods
      Mopar M13 Spoiler Mopar CAI Mopar Front & Rear mud flaps Weathertech Mats Front, Rear & Trunk WI
      Liked
      150 times
      Mentioned
      25 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Ranger08, I feel for you. I have a limited with the 1.4 ddct and just turned 3.4k miles. It has been problem free. I am really hoping I got a good one. I followed the site and read good & bad reviews before I bought (Jun 28, 2013). I hope mine is late enough into the year that they fixed all the initial issues. Time will tell. Please keep us posted as we really want to know how the problems are resolved.
      bobbyg1955 likes this.
      DARTanian

2013 Dart Limited Special Edition - "Bright Silver Metallic" 1 of 66
      1.4 MultiAir Turbo/DDCT -
      Mopar CAI, Mopar M13 Spoiler
      Mopar Mud Flaps F/R
      8.4 UConnect/NAV/Back-up Cam/TFT
      PWR Sunroof / Leather Limited Seats
      Racetrack Tail Lights,
      Challenger Inspired Stripes, Tint all around
      Weathertech Mats F/R & Trunk

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Banned
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      13 1.4T DDCT SXT *pending buyback* 03 1.8T VW Jetta 02 2.8 VR6 VW GLX
      Liked
      2462 times
      Mentioned
      121 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Sorry to hear it. Please post up your repair order. It will be helpful to the community.

bobbyg1955 likes this.

Banned
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      13 1.4T DDCT SXT *pending buyback* 03 1.8T VW Jetta 02 2.8 VR6 VW GLX
      Liked
      2462 times
      Mentioned
      121 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Any service order around?

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 dodge dart rallye, and my second vehicle is a 2000 dodge ram 1500 stock
      Mods
      mpx pipes sri neon wing torks tune and plasti dip taillights, and wheels
      Liked
      478 times
      Mentioned
      93 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      This may not help but I had the same issue.with mine but it had a blot that got embedded into the trans..... they replaced the transmission abs I was good to go so far
      bobbyg1955 likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Mopar Edition Dart

Vehicle
      2013 Black Dodge Dart Limited Fully Loaded w/ 1.4t and DDCT
      Mods
      Deyeme Hood Struts Tork CAI Ported Throttle Body Boost Leak Fixes Modern Performance Strut Bar Mopar
      Liked
      96 times
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      over 16k miles on mine. I used to have the problem where you go to give it some gas but it would almost be like it's in neutral and then SLAM into gear. but that was fixed with an update. I haven't had any problems since. Does anybody else's transmission make a noise when you go from park to reverse or park to drive? I know these transmissions are generally louder than others, but I was just curious if I should let them know next time I go in for an oil change.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4L Multiair Turbo with Dual Dry Clutch Transmission
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      SO I have the car back. Since Monday. It is running however my engine light came back on within an hour of getting it back from the dealer. It seems to be running alright, I just noticed that to get the car going from a stop, without slamming on the gas but a regular acceleration, the rpm's seem to climb pretty high before it shifts. Like say, leaving a stop sign. I press the gas normally and the rpm's climb to around 3500 - 4500 and then it will hold there for a few seconds and then shift.. I dont remember it doing that before. Also, on the highway, to accelerate, it revs up to about 5000-5500 RPM before it will shift. and the other day, it didnt shift, I had to let off the gas and once the rpm's dropped to about 4500, it shifted up.... Also I hear a knocking noise when I come to a stop. Like you can hear it shifting back to first. And I can hear it when going through a drive-thru. as I am moving I can hear knocking and other noises...

But anyways, here are the work orders.. The first is from the first time it happened, when I was on vacation. And the second two are from my dealership here in Moncton, they made 2 repair orders in the two weeks they had the car.. hope it helps someone else out there!

Name:  Work Order - Barrie.JPG
Views: 10394
Size:  245.5 KB

Name:  Work Order #1 - Moncton.JPG
Views: 10130
Size:  147.4 KB

Name:  Work Order #2 - Moncton.JPG
Views: 10487
Size:  216.9 KB

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is Dart

Vehicle
      2013 dodge dart limited, black
      Mods
      Injen CIA, Flowmaster Cat-Back, Injen CI pipes, MPx pulley, Mopar diffuser/front lip, 19 inch wheel
      Liked
      273 times
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Ranger08 View Post
      SO, I just noticed that to get the car going from a stop, without slamming on the gas but a regular acceleration, the rpm's seem to climb pretty high before it shifts. Like say, leaving a stop sign. I press the gas normally and the rpm's climb to around 3500 - 4500 and then it will hold there for a few seconds and then shift.. I dont remember it doing that before. Also, on the highway, to accelerate, it revs up to about 5000-5500 RPM before it will shift.
      This might be the flash that "improved transmission" shift points

My "Service transmission" came on tonight when I left somewhere, and I noticed when it shifts it was holding the gas a bit longer than it normally does where as if I was driving a manual transmission and pushed the clutch before releasing the gas. Then, when I got home, I shut it off and it wouldn't turn back on! Was making some wacky noise and my blind spot monitor light was flashing and my traction control light was on. It wouldn't turn on till I used the remote start to turn it on and even that was different than it should of been.
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited DDCT -- BC Coil Overs -LED Interior -Injen CAI -Flowmaster Catback -Red Calipers -VG Shark Fin -Dipped Winter Wheels w/ Nokian Hakkapeliitta R -19" Hankook Evos on Mrr GT-8's -Tinted Rear Lights -Mopar Front Skirt -Mopar Rear Defuser -MPx Underdrive Pulley -Injen Charge Pipes -Tork Ported Throttle Body

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Aero
      Liked
      29 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by pitajr View Post
      This might be the flash that "improved transmission" shift points

My "Service transmission" came on tonight when I left somewhere, and I noticed when it shifts it was holding the gas a bit longer than it normally does where as if I was driving a manual transmission and pushed the clutch before releasing the gas. Then, when I got home, I shut it off and it wouldn't turn back on! Was making some wacky noise and my blind spot monitor light was flashing and my traction control light was on. It wouldn't turn on till I used the remote start to turn it on and even that was different than it should of been.
      Same same here.....started about a week ago...the higher rev without actually shifting into the next gear. Service Transmission message on for 3 days....finally go to take it in.....message was gone and they cannot find it anywhere in the computer of any message, and its "driving fine" for us.......it had done so well this past month since the trans flash was done....next time, i'll be rolling it right into the dealer without shutting it off so they can actually see the message. Will take a pic of it as well.....grrrrrrr

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links