Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems - Page 8
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems

This is a discussion on Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems within the Dodge Dart Transmission forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Just wondering if your issue was ever resolved Ranger08? I also have a '13 1.4 multi-air turbo... Having the exact same issue. I was rolling ...

User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Just wondering if your issue was ever resolved Ranger08?
      I also have a '13 1.4 multi-air turbo... Having the exact same issue. I was rolling to a stop, check engine light comes on, says service transmission, says to shift to neutral and shift back to drive, then says drive not found. Also tends to get up to 3,000-4,000 rpm before down shifting. Did you ever have this issue resolved?

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisminx View Post
      Just bought a 2013 limited with the 1.4L and DDCT a few weeks ago. Having the same issues described in this thread. Dealership has had the car longer than I have. Replaced TCM, but service trans message still appears. Waiting on Chrysler to tell then what to do next.

Hi Chrisminx, i read your thread and my fiance and me have the same dodge dart , he had just gotten the TCM replaced today and everything was fine but out of no where excatly what is happened to yours is happening to his ... service transmission is on and it is not shifting correctly . I was wondering if you had got your problem fixed and what chryslar / dodge had did to go about this problem

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      4 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Is anyone with 2015 ddtc turbo having issues? Or was this mainly 2013 cars?

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 dodge dart sxt 1.4lturbo ddct
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      i had the same issue with my car today...Driving from upstate New YORK to Newark airport,started to smell something like electronics burning...all of a sudden...message center said"auto stick unavaileable and put it in nuetral then drive...Well that didnt work,so i turned it off for a while! when I restarted it 15 minutes later..message was Service Transmission...I have 92000 miles on my 2013 1.4 ddct with never a PROBLEM!.This doesn't sound good!...off to service I go!! WILL POST RESULTS

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      4 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dartken View Post
      Is anyone with 2015 ddtc turbo having issues? Or was this mainly 2013 cars?
      I have 2015 aero ddct and just happened to me smoking and burning smell after sitting too long in drivethru with car in drive..... Then fell out of gear momentarily in the parking lot. Feq times....then acted normal.... Then didnt happen again after that... But i had the recall r42 done a week later. Asked them to check car but of course cant duplicate the problem. Do u think any damage was done??

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3872 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      I have 2015 aero ddct and just happened to me smoking and burning smell after sitting too long in drivethru with car in drive..... Then fell out of gear momentarily in the parking lot. Feq times....then acted normal.... Then didnt happen again after that... But i had the recall r42 done a week later. Asked them to check car but of course cant duplicate the problem. Do u think any damage was done??
      Maybe it reduced the life of a clutch somewhat, but it really doesn't matter. As long as it is functioning normally now, there is no chance you'll get anywhere with FCA or the dealership. Also, were you creeping the car forward a lot? I've noticed that the C635 DDCT does a good job of simulating being able to creep like with a normal automatic, but I imagine it does so by slipping the 1-3-5-R clutch without mercy.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      4 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      Maybe it reduced the life of a clutch somewhat, but it really doesn't matter. As long as it is functioning normally now, there is no chance you'll get anywhere with FCA or the dealership. Also, were you creeping the car forward a lot? I've noticed that the C635 DDCT does a good job of simulating being able to creep like with a normal automatic, but I imagine it does so by slipping the 1-3-5-R clutch without mercy.
      Not slipping just sitting there. Yeah they wont help if thats the case probably. 23k miles wont cover the clutch anyway

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3872 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Not slipping just sitting there. Yeah they wont help if thats the case probably. 23k miles wont cover the clutch anyway
      Actually, for the DDCT, the clutches are considered part of the transmission, and are covered by the powertrain warranty. So, assuming you're in the US, they have 5 year / 100,000 miles of warranty coverage (it's 5 year / 100,000kms in Canada).

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      4 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      Actually, for the DDCT, the clutches are considered part of the transmission, and are covered by the powertrain warranty. So, assuming you're in the US, they have 5 year / 100,000 miles of warranty coverage (it's 5 year / 100,000kms in Canada).
      Really?? I didnt know that! Imma go re-read the warranty info thank u!

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is a Happy Dart Owner

Vehicle
      2013 Dart SXT 1.4T DDCT
      Liked
      65 times
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I just got a CEL and message "Auto Stick not responding" ('13 w/63k)... the transmission was not shifting as it should (very late to up or down shift, or not shifting at all)... if I accelerated slowly, and eased off the gas about when it should upshift, it would, then smoothly back on the gas to avoid a potential downshift... after shutdown and restart, it behaved fine, but the CEL and a "Service Transmission" remains.
      Will see what the dealership has to say after power returns, post hurricane IRMA.

My shop guy seems to think there is a recall for TCM replacement, separate and after the TCM bracket recall, but the main FCA dealer service line says nothing after the bracket recall.
      Can anyone shed some light on this?

TiA,

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links