Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems - Page 5
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems

This is a discussion on Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems within the Dodge Dart Transmission forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; So let's be clear about what's going on with the DDCT issues The majority of the issues are all module or software related Either a ...

User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is Once again fully in love with
      my Dart!!!

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited Blue Streak Pearl Coat (Eleanor Blue) 1.4L Turbo 6 speed Auto DDCT Fully Opt
      Mods
      K&N Typhoon Air Intake http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=69-2548TS
      Liked
      428 times
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      So let's be clear about what's going on with the DDCT issues
      The majority of the issues are all module or software related
      Either a TCM/PCM replacement or a flash/re-flash appears to fix the vast majority of the issues
      I have not read very many, perhaps 2 - 4 threads, where there was real mechanical fixes done to a DDCT

I've had my car into the dealer 4 times now since purchasing
      1 - called in for a flash update
      2 - took it in to bitch about the bad shift points, chugging while in a parking lot - bad take off power - fixed by another Flash
      3 - Oil change
      4 - Check Engine light - sticking in 1st while in low speed, parking lots/drive thru's, environments - another flash and manually updating the shift points on the clutch - 200 miles since ZERO issues

Not one visit did a tech actually "wrench" on the top end of the engine or anywhere on the tranny

I am betting, based on the overbuild of the engines in the Dart, nothing short of total abuse will require actual mechanical work

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 White Limited 1.4l, DDC trans
      Liked
      121 times
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Webtiger View Post
      So let's be clear about what's going on with the DDCT issues
      The majority of the issues are all module or software related
      Either a TCM/PCM replacement or a flash/re-flash appears to fix the vast majority of the issues
      I have not read very many, perhaps 2 - 4 threads, where there was real mechanical fixes done to a DDCT

I've had my car into the dealer 4 times now since purchasing
      1 - called in for a flash update
      2 - took it in to bitch about the bad shift points, chugging while in a parking lot - bad take off power - fixed by another Flash
      3 - Oil change
      4 - Check Engine light - sticking in 1st while in low speed, parking lots/drive thru's, environments - another flash and manually updating the shift points on the clutch - 200 miles since ZERO issues

Not one visit did a tech actually "wrench" on the top end of the engine or anywhere on the tranny

I am betting, based on the overbuild of the engines in the Dart, nothing short of total abuse will require actual mechanical work
      I did have to have my transmission replaced because of two $2.00 seals that are in the input shaft for the clutch. They leaked causing my clutch to slip. Chrysler wanted it back to see what was up.

Where i live seal leakage is pretty common (really cold weather) so ill have to see if this is a potential problem for my area.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I have a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited with the 1.4 liter multiair turbo engine with the automatic dual dry clutch. When I started up the car tonight to go home the service transmission indication came on. The shifting didn't feel right and the speed wouldn't go above 47mph. When this happened the temp was -1 and the car had been sitting for almost nine hours. The transmission topped out in 3rd gear and wouldn't go any higher. Plan to take it to the dealer in the morning.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Built 2008 Sti Full bolt on's E85. When in New Mexico Dodge Dart limited 1.4l
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Im going to give this thread a bump as my family's limited with the ddct, is having similar issues.

The car went in for the reflash and the shifting got much better. However recently we have noticed the rev's hanging for 2-3 seconds after going WOT or 75% throttle to pass someone. The Service transmission has came on twice now and have been smelling the transmission getting hot and slipping. Had it taken in to the dealership and of course there where no codes for them to pull and was told everything seems okay. So two week's in the car starts having the same issues again with the service transmission light, and the smell of a over heating transmission(the sticking rev's have still been there) My family lives 70miles from the closest dealership and they are on a tight budget so going back and forth isnt worthwhile jsut to have the dealership say there is nothing wrong. Any idea's on how to get the dealership to take a closer look at this(including taking a video)?

The car has 18k on the clock now.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Jeepin'

Vehicle
      2014 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 3.2
      Mods
      No mods needed
      Liked
      81 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Boostedbob View Post
      Im going to give this thread a bump as my family's limited with the ddct, is having similar issues.

The car went in for the reflash and the shifting got much better. However recently we have noticed the rev's hanging for 2-3 seconds after going WOT or 75% throttle to pass someone. The Service transmission has came on twice now and have been smelling the transmission getting hot and slipping. Had it taken in to the dealership and of course there where no codes for them to pull and was told everything seems okay. So two week's in the car starts having the same issues again with the service transmission light, and the smell of a over heating transmission(the sticking rev's have still been there) My family lives 70miles from the closest dealership and they are on a tight budget so going back and forth isnt worthwhile jsut to have the dealership say there is nothing wrong. Any idea's on how to get the dealership to take a closer look at this(including taking a video)?

The car has 18k on the clock now.
      I have 12k miles on my car right now and have just fell victim to the Service Transmission message. My car has been surging. making really rough shifts and hanging in revs. Took to dealership today and they ordered a new TCM, hopefully that fixes it.
      "I wasn't speeding, I just got to the speed limit before everyone else"

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Bring on the SRT-4!!!

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye Turbo (DDCT)
      Mods
      Stock...so far ; )
      Liked
      70 times
      Mentioned
      58 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      My wife's car acts up in traffic. If the car is forced to sit still/inch forward in heavy traffic for extended periods of time, it begins to run rough and emit a burning smell and smoking. We actually had the car shut down on us last summer! The tcm was replaced prior to the latest incident.
      Other vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (6spd manual) w/ Turbosocks Intake & Turbosocks Intercooler Baffle Delete Pipe

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4 Dual Dry Clutch Auto
      Liked
      6 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Thank you so much for this thread!!! This JUST happened to me too! *side note, my tranny has been shifting very high since my TCM was changed last year* I am calling the dealer tomorrow to make an appointment. Fingers crossed!

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4 Dual Dry Clutch Auto
      Liked
      6 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      **Update** Spoke with the service advisor today who advised me that my transmission needs to be either replaced or rebuilt (Chrysler Canada's decision). 25000km on the odometer and a whole lot left owing

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Mods
      Injen CAI, Tork Tune V1.0
      Liked
      11 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Ok guys, I have been blessed with this issue as well....
      Car started this morning then shut off. Would not 're start and sounded like it was dying. CEL and service transmission show up on dash. Car drives normally. Sounds like a PCM/TCM issue? Are these components the same or separate?

Thanks!
      bobbyg1955 likes this.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Dodge Dart Rallye
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      This happened to me last night. The water pump makes a squealing sound but the car drives normally. CEL and service transmission light up the dash. I'm calling the dealer today. What did they tell you?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links