Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems - Page 10
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems

This is a discussion on Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems within the Dodge Dart Transmission forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Originally Posted by longtimemopar I had the TCM and bracket replaced and have had no problems since ERRRRRRRR!!!!! I don't get it! I have had ...

User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Problems

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is thinking: I may not be a brian
      surgeon, but at least I don't
      make careless mistakes

Vehicle
      2013 Dart , Bright Silver, 1.4 turbo, Dual Dry Clutch
      Mods
      K & N drop in filter
      Liked
      732 times
      Mentioned
      61 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by longtimemopar View Post
      I had the TCM and bracket replaced and have had no problems since

ERRRRRRRR!!!!! I don't get it! I have had almost no trouble with my Dart. My son, who also owns a '13 Dart 1.4 DDCT (bought new, mine was pre-owned), has had numerous problems. He told me yesterday that his check engine light came on again and the car is shifting unusually.
      using WD 40 for cologne

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3877 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by longtimemopar View Post
      ERRRRRRRR!!!!! I don't get it! I have had almost no trouble with my Dart. My son, who also owns a '13 Dart 1.4 DDCT (bought new, mine was pre-owned), has had numerous problems. He told me yesterday that his check engine light came on again and the car is shifting unusually.
      It seems to be very hit-or-miss when it comes to the Dart. Mine has never had any problems, really. All the warranty work has been for very minor things. The worst problem it had was ironically when they tried to replace the TCM as part of the recall, the first one the dealership got was an out-of-box failure that wouldn't take a program. And the biggest problem with that was that the only FCA vehicles the rental agency had for me were Fiat 500s. Whenever I see one of the road I always wonder that somebody actually bought it on purpose. Let's just say that I think it's a terrible car with zero redeeming features and leave it at that. Back to the Dart, the other issues I've had were mostly new model teething issues like the warped fuel filler door that plagues the 2013 model year, the bad o-ring on the oil separator (which is a poor design), and the creaking front struts due to the inadequate or incorrect lubrication from the factory. All of these are pretty much ubiquitous issues with 2013 Darts, but I've to date avoided some of the other relatively common early issues like the dreaded P0299 underboost issues and actual TCM issues.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Dart Hell is over, Love my
      Land Rover. Peace out my
      friends!

Vehicle
      2012 Dart Limited (Ordered 8/17/2012 3:17PM) True Blue 1.4L Turbo 6 Speed DDCT Black Leather Seats
      Liked
      289 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      108,000 miles. Started with noise from the engine compartment. It sounded like a handful of forks thrown into a garbage disposal. Dealership #1 opened the hood and said it was an alternator bearing and they could not look at it for a week but it should be good to drive. 2 days later no forward power, garbage disposal sound constant. Cannot put the car in neutral without using the manual disengage under the shifter. Towed to dealership #2. Roadside assistance "verified" dealer #2 was open Saturday afternoon. Dispatched a tow truck driver from 43 miles away in another state. Tow truck driver took another call before coming to get the lemon so instead of the 1 hour promised wait it was 3 hours. Arrive at dealership #2 and they look at me and said no one had called and that the service department had closed at 2pm as always. No loaner cars to be found. I had a very helpful manager send a salesperson to take me to the car rental agency. Office #1 was closed, so we went to the airport counter. Awesome Enterprise rental associate took care of my daughter and myself and put us in a 2018 Nissan Altima. Awesome ride. Monday I talked to the service department and they told me it would cost $1200 to tear down the transmission and I would pay that if Dodge did not cover it in the lifetime no deductible warranty that Dodge gave me due to all kinds of issues. 4 days later and Dodge looked at the shrapnel and stated the transmission was bad and covered!!! SWEET. Now to wait on the parts to replace it. Now I will look to get rid of my new pain before 25,000 miles more and a possible transmission failure.

Things I learned is that after 100,000 miles even extended warranty does NOT cover rental cars for covered repairs
      Garbage disposal sounds from under the hood are BAD
      If a lawyer tells you you are covered under a lemon lawsuit and they would buy your car back at 90% value, DO IT!
      If the CEO of a company states their product is crap and cannot stand by it, then you do not stand by it!
      Loaded Limited 1.4L Turbo, DDCT tranny, and True Blue Paint
      http://www.dodge.com/hostc/getWindow...CDFCH8DD164220

I need a vacation, or just a new job

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Sponsored Links