Moog K750691 Front Sway Bar Links
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Moog K750691 Front Sway Bar Links within the Dodge Dart Suspension - Chassis forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Copy'd from my build thread to gain better traction and spread more knowledge for the community... This would have been up sooner, if I wasn't ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Moog K750691 Front Sway Bar Links

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Citrus Peel Pearlcoat Rallye w/ 2.0L Powertech
      Mods
      Too many for this box. Visit the build thread, click the link in signature...
      Liked
      4296 times
      Mentioned
      672 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)

Copy'd from my build thread to gain better traction and spread more knowledge for the community...

This would have been up sooner, if I wasn't having a sick day yesterday (woke up, the room was spinning, the nausea kicked in, and well you know the rest... wife told me to call the boss cause she wasn't going to let me drive if I couldn't see straight)... Anyway, enough about my life, you are here to read about a new product that is coming out for our Darts. One that has been a hotly debate topic through out the months and one that will benefit you in the long run.

Name:  20151003_174801-1.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  2.91 MB

Yes, there is another company that is coming out with aftermarket parts for our beloved Darts and Moog provided us with the problem solvers. If you are not familiar with the Moog brand, here is a brief run down before continue the un-boxing.

MOOG’s reputation as “The Problem Solver” can be traced all the way back to 1937. That was the year the company first produced a front-end replacement part recognized by mechanics as outperforming the factory original. As years passed and MOOG continued to innovate, the company became known for its ability to consistently develop “problem solving solutions.” Today, hundreds of innovations later, MOOG is recognized and respected throughout the automotive industry as The Problem Solver. It continues to earn that reputation by providing not only problem-solving parts, but award-winning technical support and training materials also. MOOG Problem Solver bulletins are one of the helpful tools technicians have come to count on.

Now that's out of the way, why MOOG? Why not BWoody's or just stick with OEM? Good questions right? Well, you already know why I took BWoody's off here; and there are two reasons why I went with MOOG's are not back to OEM...

ZERK FITTINGS
      OEM STYLE (IE: not ball & socket)
      Name:  20151003_175520.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  3.27 MB Name:  20151003_175542.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  1.44 MB

As you can clearly see there are ZERK fittings for routine lubrication maintenance built in to the Moog end-links. This will prolong the life of the end-links and the life of your suspension. In my opinion this is a much more logical way to do lubrication. Simply hook up your grease gun to the fitting, three pumps and you are good to go with maintenance. Plus what I like about these are that the ZERK fittings are in a easy to locate area and won't be hard to find when you are doing maintenance. The OEM styling of the endlink will also keep the endlinkgs working much more efficiently that the Ball and Socket design that has openings to the elements.

When I opened the Moog's up I knew they weren't the "biggest" diameter, but I knew that they were SOLID. What I mean by solid is that they had some weight to them, they weren't going to "break" easy, you could use one in a fight if you needed (not that I condone violence). Below is a comparison of the OEM stockers, BWoody's & MOOG's with a quarter to show gauge the size:

MOOG's (by itself)
      • BWoody (Top)
      • Moog (middle)
      • OEM Stock (bottom)
      Name:  20151003_175612.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  3.20 MB Name:  20151003_180257.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  2.67 MB

As you can see the Moog's are not the biggest in the diameter, the Bwoody's are the biggest in that category, but the Moog's are a very good improvement over the "stick/twig" like OEM stockers. Now just because they aren't the biggest doesn't mean they aren't solid. So, I figured I would take things to the next level...

OEM BWoody's MOOG
      Name:  20151004_130958.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  2.98 MB Name:  20151004_130826.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  1.40 MB Name:  20151004_130706.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  2.72 MB

If you are having issues with the pics or can't view them here is the run down:
      • OEMs = 1lbs 1.1oz
      • Bwoody's = 1lbs 1.3oz
      • MOOG = 1lb 6.0oz

MOOG's are a full 4.9 ounces heavier than OEM's and 4.7 ounces heavier than BWoody's. No, I'm not shedding weight, and it shouldn't matter about it with the Dart, but what it should be noted that this heavier weight is perfect for suspension parts. These aren't going to "snap" going into a turn and they aren't going to fail when you need them the most. I much rather have heavier more solid suspension parts on my Dart (or any car) than something lightweight and is going to fail within a couple of weeks or months.

Conclusion aka #mooglife

I'm not here to rip one company over another. I had some bad luck with my front BWP endlinks, and I wasn't going to put the stocks back on because I wanted to try something out. MOOG's are a known brand that I trust and I have read countless reviews on how they are still holding up 100k+ miles. I am happy MOOG went with the problem solver design on these for our Darts which means the ZERK fittings are there and are easy for maintenance schedules. I'll be installing these when I get a chance this month and plenty of pics will be taken to show where the ZERK fittings are located when they are installed on the vehicle. I hope you give MOOG's a chance and don't overlook them when you are searching for your next suspension need.

Please remember and make note that you will need QUANTITY 2 (TWO) of K750691 for the complete kit, do not order qty 1 of K750691 or you will just get 1 end-link. As always if you have any other question comments or concerns please feel free to contact me and I will try and assist as much as possible.
      Last edited by youngsmith53; 10-06-2015 at 10:01 AM. Reason: grammar
      YoungSmith53 / Aya Build Thread
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1931 times
      Mentioned
      209 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Solid write up!
      youngsmith53 likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      '13 Citrus Peel Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4L T 6 speed
      Mods
      K&N SRI, DV+, Deyeme DMR Firm, Wastegate Adjustment, Mopar Splash Guards, Progress Rear
      Liked
      102 times
      Mentioned
      21 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      sorry you didnt have the chance to do this like a month ago lol

'13 Rallye 1.4
      "Hornet"

"he who controls the coffee controls the world"
      -Bullfrog

Mods: RRM Lightweight Pulley, K&N SRI, MPX Intercooler Pipes, HPSI Vacuum Hose Kit, DRP Race Dump, DV+, Deyeme DMR Firm, Wastegate Adjustment, Mopar Splash Guards, Progress Rear Sway bar, LED Interior, Craven Speed Shift Knob, CDV Delete, Decals for extra HP

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is Looking for 7th gear

Vehicle
      2014 Dart SE Blue Streak 6 speed
      Mods
      CAI, STS, Rear trans mount, CU plugs, RRM pulley,
      Liked
      2405 times
      Mentioned
      499 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      spot on. Banggin... very nice.

'BlueStreak'
      2014 Dodge Dart SE manual Blue Streak

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3875 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Are the BWoody ones hollow? It's possible, because in some applications, hollow tubes are stronger than solid rods (a tube is harder to flex). Or are they made of a lighter alloy? It's very surprising that despite being visibly so much larger that they are barely heavier than OEM.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      4296 times
      Mentioned
      672 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      Are the BWoody ones hollow? It's possible, because in some applications, hollow tubes are stronger than solid rods (a tube is harder to flex). Or are they made of a lighter alloy? It's very surprising that despite being visibly so much larger that they are barely heavier than OEM.
      Well, I guess I'll be getting the power saw out one of these days and cutting the BWP's open to see what we are up against. Per their website it doesn't say they are hollow, but there is only one way to find out
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3875 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by youngsmith53 View Post
      Well, I guess I'll be getting the power saw out one of these days and cutting the BWP's open to see what we are up against. Per their website it doesn't say they are hollow, but there is only one way to find out
      Dang, if I was nearby I'd do it with my heavy duty recip saw. I actually purchased that saw for the purpose or removing the front end links on my 2004 Caravan. I bet they're easier to cut when they're not on a vehicle.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is Looking for 7th gear

Vehicle
      2014 Dart SE Blue Streak 6 speed
      Mods
      CAI, STS, Rear trans mount, CU plugs, RRM pulley,
      Liked
      2405 times
      Mentioned
      499 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      So when are these getting installed? I feel like should have waited for moogs to begin with, they normally come out with stuff.
      youngsmith53 likes this.

'BlueStreak'
      2014 Dodge Dart SE manual Blue Streak

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      4296 times
      Mentioned
      672 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
      So when are these getting installed? I feel like should have waited for moogs to begin with, they normally come out with stuff.
      Thursday night at the earliest or Saturday night the latest. I also agree with waiting for Moog's...

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1931 times
      Mentioned
      209 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Do it!
      youngsmith53 likes this.