Chrysler's Dart RT/SRT - Page 3
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Chrysler's Dart RT/SRT

This is a discussion on Chrysler's Dart RT/SRT within the Dodge Dart SRT4 forums, part of the Dodge Dart SRT4 Forum - Street and Racing Technology Dodge Dart category; More SRT talk... As I have said before, I won't believe any real performance oriented Dart will ever hit the streets. It saddens me that ...

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Chrysler's Dart RT/SRT

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart SXT ( Her car ) 2015 Dodge Dart GT( My car )
      Mods
      Viper Remote Start Alarm More to follow...
      Liked
      91 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      More SRT talk...

As I have said before, I won't believe any real performance oriented Dart will ever hit the streets. It saddens me that so many promises were broken by FCA re: Dart. I'm seriously considering looking at the Camaro now. It's about the right size, has V8 power available, and looks good. Had FCA either released ONE of the perormance oriented Dart concepts they had, or stepped up to support the Avenger, Id never consider a Camaro.

j

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      16 Gti
      Liked
      166 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by chlngr1970 View Post
      More SRT talk...

As I have said before, I won't believe any real performance oriented Dart will ever hit the streets. It saddens me that so many promises were broken by FCA re: Dart. I'm seriously considering looking at the Camaro now. It's about the right size, has V8 power available, and looks good. Had FCA either released ONE of the perormance oriented Dart concepts they had, or stepped up to support the Avenger, Id never consider a Camaro.

j
      That is apples to oranges compared to both the Dart and Avenger

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      91 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by mopar22 View Post
      That is apples to oranges compared to both the Dart and Avenger
      My whole point is, I've been a MoPar person since about 91ish. This is the first time I have considered buying something other than a MoPar. Are the Avenger and Dart different platforms? Of course, but FCA has abandoned the mid sized Dodge brand, and now it looks like they are saying "if you don't want a Charger or Challenger, we don't want your money"

I'd love to see a mid sized performance oriented Dodge. I'd have one in my driveway if it existed.

j
      DevilDog91F likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by chlngr1970 View Post
      More SRT talk...

j
      Do your research on the forums. Like the new gen Vette, quality problems are many. The Gen6 forum is best. Yes, lots of Kool-Aid drinkers like everywhere else. But take a look at the problems and issues section. It is proof that when magazines award things to a certain car, the awards are based on theory, paper stats, and a test drive. After that, it's all yours. Reading between the lines - the new Camaro is a great car on paper, in listed specs, and even on a test drive. Then comes reality after signing up. That's pretty much the Chevy story for the last couple years. Yet, they still get rave reviews and good sales figures.
      I wouldn't touch another GM - especially a Chevy - with a 200 foot pole.
      chlngr1970 and Killraven like this.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is missing her Dart!

Vehicle
      '05 Grand Cherokee
      Mods
      [stock]
      Liked
      5686 times
      Mentioned
      516 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by DevilDog91F View Post
      I apologize if this gets everyones hopes up but one my my Techs just returned from an advanced Chrysler engine course Charlotte NC where he was told that the SRT Dart is dead. With that being said was told that SRT does have a 400HP 4 cylinder that they are putting the finishing touches on. Also the instructor said that he was told that the Cuda is more than likely going to be on a dart frame. Take this for what its worth gents.
      The 'cuda is dead - unless it's an internal name for the next-gen Challenger. That said, the engine is not ready yet. That is the much lauded Hurricane 4 engine they've been working on for a while now. Last I heard, it was going to be ~350hp; the 400+ was going to be reserved for the turbo v6 (if that comes to fruition - It may be the one in the Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrofiglio).

Just keep in mind, they were also saying the GLH was going to be the hot new turbo model for the Dart at the dealer-show, and before that, the scat-pack was planned to be worked in. Neither of those things happened, so what they tell dealers (and techs) isn't necessarily the entire truth.

Like I said on an allpar thread about the 5-yr plans that in 50% of the case haven't happened as layed out: I'll take the pirates-code version. "They're more like guidelines than actual plans" [yes ik the actual line was 'rules', not 'plans']
      chlngr1970 likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      91 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @dad's dart , I haven't wanted a GM since I got rid of my 84 Z 28, back in the early 90's. You want to talk about a POS. It just goes to show, the void that FCA has created in their lineup. I may just keep my eye out for a low mileage 13 Avenger like I use to have. Problem with that is the transmissions in them are just as garbage as all the rest, No real aftermarket support, and since it's a dead car, there won't be. I guess I'll just have to bide my time with what I have, and spend my play check on my Demon, then the 70 Challenger after we build our house.

There is just so much disappointment from FCA anymore.

j
      dad's dart likes this.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

is Always needing more TQ

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Ralleye 1.4T 6 speed M/T Black
      Mods
      Too many to list. Not enough characters.
      Liked
      15 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Honestly I'd love to see the Stealth make another run. We have two awesome v6 (3.2 & 3.6) platforms that is just itching to be twin turboed. Plus as much as I love the big muscle cars like the charger and challenger I think Dodge is missing a road course capable car to mix it up with the Mustang, Camaro, Subaru, Evo, Corvette, Focus RS Ect. A new AWD TT car would be awesome. even Single turbo would suffice im not that hard to please. lol

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 GT White/Black Napa leather, Hyper Black wheels All options except Mopar graphics and Mopar in
      Mods
      K&N drop-in, 3M 35% tint, Modern Performance hood strut kit, Weather Tech front and rear, Valentine
      Liked
      23 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Just makes me appreciate the Dart all that much more! Is it perfect? Of course not, can't think of a car that is. Does it fit my needs almost perfectly? Yes...enough so that I just brought home Dart GT #2. My '14 was a lease and as much a date before committing to marriage scenario with the thought being I would buy it when the (2 year) lease was over. With the current future for these platforms in question and the Dart likely dead, residual too high plus incentives on the '16s also high, it made more sense sense to go new! The Dart has its haters, that's for sure....
      Their loss as I am quite certain that many take the auto critics word as gospel and have never actually driven or lived with one! '14 was completely without issue except for an occasional Bluetooth connectivity issue and a driver's side seat cover replaced under warranty. I have no reason to believe the '16 will be different. I have already noticed many positive detail changes that only serve to make the Dart an even better value...too bad so few will ever know...glad I do!
      chlngr1970 likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Wastin' away again...

Vehicle
      '13 Limited, '13 SXT Rallye, '05 SRT/10
      Liked
      167 times
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by DevilDog91F View Post
      Honestly I'd love to see the Stealth make another run. We have two awesome v6 (3.2 & 3.6) platforms that is just itching to be twin turboed. Plus as much as I love the big muscle cars like the charger and challenger I think Dodge is missing a road course capable car to mix it up with the Mustang, Camaro, Subaru, Evo, Corvette, Focus RS Ect. A new AWD TT car would be awesome. even Single turbo would suffice im not that hard to please. lol
      I agree a new Stealth would be pretty cool. I liked those back in the day.

A little confused by your other comments though. Challenger competes directly with the Camaro and Mustang. Viper competes directly with the Corvette and is one of the BEST road course cars straight from the factory.

The Subaru / Evo / Focus FS competitor does not exist.
      chlngr1970 likes this.
      Limited
      SXT Rallye

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1931 times
      Mentioned
      209 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

The Subaru / Evo / Focus FS competitor does not exist.
      it would exist... it would be called the dart SRT if FCA felt they could offer something better and make money in that segment

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links