Dart SRT Confirmed for 12/2016 this morning by FCA - Page 36
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Dart SRT Confirmed for 12/2016 this morning by FCA

This is a discussion on Dart SRT Confirmed for 12/2016 this morning by FCA within the Dodge Dart SRT4 forums, part of the Dodge Dart SRT4 Forum - Street and Racing Technology Dodge Dart category; Originally Posted by loxmith Maybe, all those companies have loyal followers on those models...because they actually still build them. I am a "loyal follower" of ...

User Tag List

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
    Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Dart SRT Confirmed for 12/2016 this morning by FCA

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      16 Gti
      Liked
      163 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by loxmith View Post
      Maybe, all those companies have loyal followers on those models...because they actually still build them. I am a "loyal follower" of Dodge, which is why personally I was holding out for the SRT Dart that they kept teasing.

IDK about the where they should be built, but I will tell you the reason I think they should be built. Those loyal followers you mentioned, they don't just materialize out of no where. Where are you going to build your loyal following without an entry level car to introduce people to the brand. Let's face it most new drivers are not given Hellcats, or SRT performance cars. If you are a new driver lucky enough for a new car, it is an entry lever car like the Dart. There are also a lot of people that just don't want to drive full size cars (like me). Without a car in that segment Dodge is going to lose following. Also, the Charger and Challenger are selling like hot-cakes now, but what happens when they aren't any more. If/when gas goes back up to $5.00, what do you suppose is going to happen to Dodge's new vehicle sales. You ask me, FCA is short-sighting Dodge right now, and my fear is eventually it is going to bite Dodge in the @ss!
      I'm just like you and follow dodge. I will follow dodge to the depths of hell and they can team up with anyone but ford/gm. Both cars were rushed to the market. When they bring back smaller cars again they need to take their time. From the get go both of them left a sour taste in peoples mouths because of teh issues. You need to get the magazine to like the cars first as that's where people get the idea the car is good. The last good car dodge built was over 10 years ago, it was the neon. It did everything you wanted it do do. Since then their small cars have been pretty shit. It doesn't matter how many small cars they end up selling if they all fall apart in 5 years and won't get those customers as return customers

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3862 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Killraven View Post
      They should be built exactly where they were being built. There is no need to bring back the Wagoneer and move Dodge Ram production to SHAP. It's going to be a worse failure than the Dodge Aspen. Competing with luxury brand SUV's, come on that ain't gonna happen just like the Alfa Guilia isn't going to sell competing with BMW.

To be spending 1.5 billion on each factory to re-tool seems like a horrible idea to do every 4 years when your net profit for one year is under 2 billion.

People have been screaming for decades for a Jeep pickup truck. "Here's your Wagoneer guys, do you like it?" - Sergio
      Not to mention, the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer are expected to be high-end luxury vehicles with a price tag to match. FCA North America is not doing well in the sales charts. Their YTD sales are down 10% over the first 2 months of 2016. You might think "oh well, with no Dart/200, that makes sense", except that Jeep is down even more than FCA as a whole. The Cherokee, which should be leading the charge in the sales charts (due to its class and price point), is in fact in free-fall. There are several SUVs selling like crazy in North America. They're all made by FCA's competitors. I think FCA made a bad assumption. They assumed that "iconic" would translate to "popular". Everybody knows what a Jeep is, but that doesn't mean they want to own one.

Then there's RAM, which is frankly the only thing keeping FCA North America in business at this point. They're actually up 4.5% YTD compared to 2016. That's good news, right? Well, it's better than being down, sure, but that number needs some context. The Chevy Silverado family saw 6.2% growth in the first 2 months. And Ford's F-series saw 10.4% growth. Ford and Chevy already outsold RAM pretty significantly, so each percent of growth translates to significantly more actual units sold for them than for RAM. Not only is RAM still in 3rd place of the 3 pickup truck families, but it is, in reality, losing ground to Ford and Chevy in the pickup truck segment.

But hey, great news, guys! Alfa Romeo saw 379% growth! Of course, that's a jump from 115 units YTD 2016 to 551 YTD 2017 and after the introduction of a second model, but hey, it's something, right? RIGHT?

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      16 Gti
      Liked
      163 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      Not to mention, the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer are expected to be high-end luxury vehicles with a price tag to match. FCA North America is not doing well in the sales charts. Their YTD sales are down 10% over the first 2 months of 2016. You might think "oh well, with no Dart/200, that makes sense", except that Jeep is down even more than FCA as a whole. The Cherokee, which should be leading the charge in the sales charts (due to its class and price point), is in fact in free-fall. There are several SUVs selling like crazy in North America. They're all made by FCA's competitors. I think FCA made a bad assumption. They assumed that "iconic" would translate to "popular". Everybody knows what a Jeep is, but that doesn't mean they want to own one.

Then there's RAM, which is frankly the only thing keeping FCA North America in business at this point. They're actually up 4.5% YTD compared to 2016. That's good news, right? Well, it's better than being down, sure, but that number needs some context. The Chevy Silverado family saw 6.2% growth in the first 2 months. And Ford's F-series saw 10.4% growth. Ford and Chevy already outsold RAM pretty significantly, so each percent of growth translates to significantly more actual units sold for them than for RAM. Not only is RAM still in 3rd place of the 3 pickup truck families, but it is, in reality, losing ground to Ford and Chevy in the pickup truck segment.

But hey, great news, guys! Alfa Romeo saw 379% growth! Of course, that's a jump from 115 units YTD 2016 to 551 YTD 2017 and after the introduction of a second model, but hey, it's something, right? RIGHT?
      As a whole everyone is down but jeep still sells the most vehicles for fca while being the most consistent followed by dodge being 20k units behind then ram being 1k behind dodge. Jeep si also down because they have two models that have been killed off too along with dodge/chrysler. Everyone knows jeeps major sales of the year are during the summer, way easier to sell teh wrangler then

Ona side note if fca is to team with vw you'll get your small cars a lot sooner with better reliability

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Ride of the Month
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.4L Blacktop Edition
      Mods
      35% window tint all around Blacked out reverse lights and reflectors Custom designed Tigershark badg
      Liked
      253 times
      Mentioned
      19 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by mopar22 View Post
      I'm just like you and follow dodge. I will follow dodge to the depths of hell and they can team up with anyone but ford/gm. Both cars were rushed to the market. When they bring back smaller cars again they need to take their time. From the get go both of them left a sour taste in peoples mouths because of teh issues. You need to get the magazine to like the cars first as that's where people get the idea the car is good. The last good car dodge built was over 10 years ago, it was the neon. It did everything you wanted it do do. Since then their small cars have been pretty shit. It doesn't matter how many small cars they end up selling if they all fall apart in 5 years and won't get those customers as return customers
      I agree with you, and I loved the Neon...but I don't think many people would call that the a good car, let alone "the last good car Dodge made". LoL!

Quote Originally Posted by mopar22 View Post
      As a whole everyone is down but jeep still sells the most vehicles for fca while being the most consistent followed by dodge being 20k units behind then ram being 1k behind dodge. Jeep si also down because they have two models that have been killed off too along with dodge/chrysler. Everyone knows jeeps major sales of the year are during the summer, way easier to sell teh wrangler then

Ona side note if fca is to team with vw you'll get your small cars a lot sooner with better reliability
      I've heard those rumors, and as nice and necessary as I think it is for Dodge to have a small car...I can't decide if that would be good or bad. LoL! BUt I guess it would be something.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      16 Gti
      Liked
      163 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by loxmith View Post
      I agree with you, and I loved the Neon...but I don't think many people would call that the a good car, let alone "the last good car Dodge made". LoL!

I've heard those rumors, and as nice and necessary as I think it is for Dodge to have a small car...I can't decide if that would be good or bad. LoL! BUt I guess it would be something.
      Good car for what it was. It literally ticked all teh boxes it needed to for a economy car of it's time, then srt beefed it up to make a crazy economy car.

Vw would be good because they make great 4 bangers and their reliably is already better then fca, plus we might get a sexy hatchback if that were to happen
      loxmith likes this.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Chrysler 200S 2001 Mazda Miata formerly 2013 Dodge Dart 1.4T 6MT
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      should have built Dart, 200 and Cherokee in the same plants, so capacity could be shifted around more; might have saved the cars.

had a dart 1.4T and still think that it was the most characterful mainstream small car I've ever had (have had 3 Mazda3, Hondas, etc.)...

the 200S, also, better (more engaging) than a lot of people give it credit for...
      Last edited by youngsmith53; 06-03-2017 at 01:49 PM. Reason: merging back to back posts per the .org guidelines.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      16 Gti
      Liked
      163 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by montero View Post
      should have built Dart, 200 and Cherokee in the same plants, so capacity could be shifted around more; might have saved the cars.
      Cherokee would have ate up all the time for building then. The cherokee out sold the dart and 200 combined. Also teh reason they both got dropped was because they didn't make much money and had tons of issues when they first came out, thus giving them a bad rep

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Sponsored Links