Higher mileage GT vs low mileage SE or SXT - Page 7
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

    Higher mileage GT vs low mileage SE or SXT

    This is a discussion on Higher mileage GT vs low mileage SE or SXT within the Dodge Dart Purchasing forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; What would it run to just get it to where it won’t get worse? If that’s too hard to tell I understand...

    User Tag List

    Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Results 61 to 70 of 71
    Like Tree21Likes

    Thread: Higher mileage GT vs low mileage SE or SXT

    1. #61
      Newb
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      25
      Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      What would it run to just get it to where it won’t get worse? If that’s too hard to tell I understand

    2. #62
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Dartanyion's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Location
      South
      Posts
      522
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Manual Blue Streak Pearl Coat
      Mods
      See signature
      Liked
      163 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Arouth View Post
      What would it run to just get it to where it won’t get worse? If that’s too hard to tell I understand
      Long story short we have no idea. You would have to take it to a body shop to get an estimate and honestly, unless they take off 2K (1K to 1.5k to cover the repair for sure, and 1k to $500 for your time having to be without the car while the shop fixes it).

      Sooo.. What happened to the GT? And BTW to just let you know, not even most of the 2.4L Tigersharks had these oil consumption issues. It was a bad batch that also bled over into the Renegade and Chrysler 200, but was by far not all of the 2.4s. I have one. It has almost 50k on it now. Doesn't and has never used a drop of oil. I haven't had a single problem with the engine, and I have had problems with the clutch, however mine is a manual, and I have fixed all the issues (with better stuff from Deyeme Racing). If you need to replace the mounts (at least the rear trans mount), if you do it yourself, you can replace them all for under $400. If you buy OEM (you will regret it when you have to replace them again later), it's even cheaper.

      The GT auto is probably the hands down best combo IMHO. The auto is uber reliable in that engine config, the 2.4L rocks (though side note, not nearly as modifiable as the 1.4 or 2L), and the engine, as long as it doesn't have the oil blow by issues (Cylinder 4 is where it happens generally), is a really awesome combo.

      Like you have seen I am sure from my sig, mine has all options like the one you are looking at and manual. Which is fun... But I now work in the city.. Which makes it NOT fun at all. I wish I had the auto, because even if you put in the deyeme CDV delete, and replace the rear motor mount, and everything else.. The shifting will never be smooth. It's fun as HELL to drive, but still. When you want slow smooth cruise it just doesn't work out.
      Mods:
      NGK LZTR4A-11 5306 copper spark plugs gapped to .048
      MOPAR Cold Air Intake
      MOPAR Shift knob
      Deyeme ice blue CDV delete
      Deyeme Short shift arm
      Deyeme ice blue shift rod
      Deyeme ice blue Firm Rear Trans Mount
      Kenda Kaiser KR-20s (Front)
      Metal blue valve stem caps
      Chrome door handle covers

    3. #63
      Newb
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      25
      Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Dartanyion View Post

      Long story short we have no idea. You would have to take it to a body shop to get an estimate and honestly, unless they take off 2K (1K to 1.5k to cover the repair for sure, and 1k to $500 for your time having to be without the car while the shop fixes it).

      Sooo.. What happened to the GT? And BTW to just let you know, not even most of the 2.4L Tigersharks had these oil consumption issues. It was a bad batch that also bled over into the Renegade and Chrysler 200, but was by far not all of the 2.4s. I have one. It has almost 50k on it now. Doesn't and has never used a drop of oil. I haven't had a single problem with the engine, and I have had problems with the clutch, however mine is a manual, and I have fixed all the issues (with better stuff from Deyeme Racing). If you need to replace the mounts (at least the rear trans mount), if you do it yourself, you can replace them all for under $400. If you buy OEM (you will regret it when you have to replace them again later), it's even cheaper.

      The GT auto is probably the hands down best combo IMHO. The auto is uber reliable in that engine config, the 2.4L rocks (though side note, not nearly as modifiable as the 1.4 or 2L), and the engine, as long as it doesn't have the oil blow by issues (Cylinder 4 is where it happens generally), is a really awesome combo.

      Like you have seen I am sure from my sig, mine has all options like the one you are looking at and manual. Which is fun... But I now work in the city.. Which makes it NOT fun at all. I wish I had the auto, because even if you put in the deyeme CDV delete, and replace the rear motor mount, and everything else.. The shifting will never be smooth. It's fun as HELL to drive, but still. When you want slow smooth cruise it just doesn't work out.
      Oh okay I gotcha, well I’m going to call a body shop today just to see if I can get a rough guesstimate on the price for something like that.

      The other GT was just too expensive, it was from a dealership and he would only come down to $9,900 before taxes and fees (they lowered the car to $10,300 on their site so he only was going down $400). The red one I’m looking at now is also a GT and has every option available except the moon roof and the navigation. Has the Uconnect and everything just the nav part hasn’t been activated. This one is also auto. The price originally was $9,400 but we negotiated to $8,500 (the car is two hours away so we wanted to get a price before going to see it so we didn’t waste anyone’s time). With only 72k on the car it isn’t a bad deal. But we are going to try to negotiate more given the damage and also see what it is to repair.

    4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements
       

    5. #64
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      1,791
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1133 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I've been driving an Auto GT for about 5 years now. Hands down it's the most fun I have had driving an Auto. When using the Auto-stick feature, you have the ability to change your shift speed and firmness based on how much gas pedal you press. You can have a super slow 2 second shift that's smooth as butter or you can have a very quick hard-hitting shift that will chirp the tires on the 1-2 shift.

      It also holds whatever gear you are in. The majority of other vehicles that have an Auto-stick feature will NOT allow you to do this. Other vehicles will automatically shift into the next gear when you approaching redline or they would downshift prematurely. The Dart GT holds the gear you are in until you tell it to upshift, or it will downshift based upon preset speeds. You can bang through the gears from a stop-sign and be in 5th gear by 25mph. You can take 3rd gear all the way down to 5mph. In snowy conditions you have the ability to start from 2nd gear.

      I have not had any transmission issues after 50k miles of hard/aggressive shifting.

    6. #65
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      mopar22's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      705
      Vehicle
      16 Gti
      Liked
      166 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Dartanyion View Post
      Sooo.. What happened to the GT? And BTW to just let you know, not even most of the 2.4L Tigersharks had these oil consumption issues. It was a bad batch that also bled over into the Renegade and Chrysler 200, but was by far not all of the 2.4s.
      It's way more then a batch, it's a design flaw. Jeeps are still having the issue to this day
      dad's dart likes this.

    7. #66
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      jsblanch's Avatar
      Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mississauga, ON
      Posts
      5,992
      Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3877 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Dartanyion View Post
      And BTW to just let you know, not even most of the 2.4L Tigersharks had these oil consumption issues.
      Sure, not "most" 2.4L Tigersharks have this issues, but it's an all-too common ongoing issue that is still present in every vehicle that uses this engine. I, for one, would never take the risk of buying a vehicle with this engine. You might end up with a great car, sure, but there is a not insignificant chance of buying somebody else's abandoned problem.

    8. #67
      Crew Chief
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      dad's dart's Avatar
      is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      8,458
      Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by mopar22 View Post
      It's way more then a batch, it's a design flaw. Jeeps are still having the issue to this day
      Most "issues" with any vehicle design flaw is largely swept under the run and amazing as it may seem, most owners don't even notice unless a check engine light or such alerts them. The most unacceptable part is the fact that design issues go on and on for years sometimes - with no real change in engineering. My fantasy car has always been the latest year of any given Corvette. Not because of reliability. Just because of looks and theoretical abilities. The C6 wasn't "terrible" , other than just cheap build issues. But The C7 started out with many an issue. Some actually got worse with time. Few,if any, were ever resolved. Bottom line: the consumer is known to put up with pretty much before it gets to class action law suits. C7 Vette has several suits. And that's where the trail of info ends. The volume of Kool-Aid consumed on the fan forums is almost immeasurable .
      Up next: Honda's latest Earth Dream turbo 4cyl. They never said it would be the consumer's Dream...lol
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

    9. #68
      Newb
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      25
      Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I mean obviously it could or could not be true but the seller has been very clear that there has never been any mechanical issues and that it does not guzzle oil. I usually tend to be on the pessimistic side when “taking people’s word for it” but he seems very legit. Car was pretty well taken care of except for the damage I mentioned earlier.

    10. #69
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Mooresville, NC
      Posts
      155
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited 1.4L Turbo DDCT (Tungsten)
      Liked
      14 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I'm also looking at a 2014 loaded GT for my son's first car that has a few issues. It has 108K miles, a crack in the front bumper, and the backup camera is showing upside down (saw the fix for this in another thread). I haven't seen it yet but its been for sale for a good while and he's already dropped the price to $6700 which might be a bad sign. He also lowered it and will provide the stock springs. Not sure yet if this bothers me as I have no plans to mod and would prefer it stock. I can overlook a good bit at that price but based on this thread will verify oil consumption and confirm as much maintenance as possible and of course have a mechanic inspect it if we get that far. Will update this thread if this goes anywhere.

    11. #70
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Parabolaralus's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Location
      Castroville, CA
      Posts
      279
      Vehicle
      2016 Dart GT
      Liked
      109 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by weigojmi View Post
      I'm also looking at a 2014 loaded GT for my son's first car that has a few issues. It has 108K miles, a crack in the front bumper, and the backup camera is showing upside down (saw the fix for this in another thread). I haven't seen it yet but its been for sale for a good while and he's already dropped the price to $6700 which might be a bad sign. He also lowered it and will provide the stock springs. Not sure yet if this bothers me as I have no plans to mod and would prefer it stock. I can overlook a good bit at that price but based on this thread will verify oil consumption and confirm as much maintenance as possible and of course have a mechanic inspect it if we get that far. Will update this thread if this goes anywhere.
      I would probably not buy a car that's lowered for your sons first, but if you get the springs, fix it yourself before he drives it. The front end of the dart is a little funky as is and the slightest lump could mean the end of the front end.
      I exit all driveways and approach all dips at an angle...it looks crazy, but when you find yourself respraying the bottom of a front bumper on the regular you stop being stupid and make that a habit. I even do it in the wife's SUV and its like ohhh yea...i really dont need to do that here!

      One time i even got stuck coming out of a restraunt parking lot...i took the dip at an angle, but not nearly enough as something hit hard enough to completely stop the car...so i backed up hearing screeching noises and tried it again at an 80 degree-ish angle (i was almost parallel to the sidewalk lol) still scraping, but a couple days later i jacked it up for an oil change and saw what i hit. I thought it was the lower radiator bracket which i would have pulled from the junkyard, but turned out i shaved about 1/4 inch off the transmission housing in that little stunt somehow completely missing the oil pan.

      That was not in this car...
      Mods
      RRM Tuner+LW Pulley
      Injen CAI With Pre-Filter
      Muffler Delete
      Aero Paneling Delete
      Deyeme Rear Mount (Firm)
      AVS In Channel Visors
      Interior LEDs
      Dipped Emblems, Sport Hood, and Wheel Caps
      Front Lip, Sideskirts and Rear Diffuser.
      12" JBL GT-BassPro

     

     
    Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Whats effect of low vs high mileage on resale
      By douglasgrant in forum General Automotive Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 11-02-2016, 11:08 AM
    2. 2016 GT Sport vs GT Sport Blacktop vs GT
      By doobie40 in forum Dodge Dart 2.4L Tigershark
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 08-22-2016, 08:25 AM
    3. Anyone else have a (low end engine knock) at low speed and low RPM
      By ejf0255 in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 09-09-2014, 10:55 AM
    4. RallyCars vs Ford sport car vs Lancia Stratos vs Sports Cars Porsche 911 vs High-end
      By carsartdesigns in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 08-31-2014, 07:56 AM
    5. Dodge Dart MashUp Review vs Civic vs Focus vs Cruze vs Elantra vs Corolla
      By dgstorm in forum Dodge Dart News & Site News
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 06-06-2012, 02:12 PM

    Search tags for this page

    2014 dodge dart sxt vs se

    ,

    2019 dodge charger sxt vs gt language:en

    Click on a term to search for related topics.