Scat pack - Page 2
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Scat pack

This is a discussion on Scat pack within the Dodge Dart Purchasing forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Originally Posted by Parabolaralus I remember it and I was super depressed when they not only cancelled the orange concept, but cancelled the Dart. A ...

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Scat pack

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3858 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Parabolaralus View Post
      I remember it and I was super depressed when they not only cancelled the orange concept, but cancelled the Dart. A reliable 2.0 turbo Dart at a decent price???? I think it really will go like hell so sign me the HELL up! butttt /cry...
      If you mean the Poison Dart, it was one-off SEMA concept never intended for production, so it wasn't exactly "cancelled". Who knows what that GLH was? Probably a body kit with a regular 2.0L Tigershark under the hood. Was the car ever displayed outside that one dealers-only event?

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      16 Gti
      Liked
      163 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      If you mean the Poison Dart, it was one-off SEMA concept never intended for production, so it wasn't exactly "cancelled". Who knows what that GLH was? Probably a body kit with a regular 2.0L Tigershark under the hood. Was the car ever displayed outside that one dealers-only event?
      Poison dart was gonna be what the refreshed dart looked like btw, an insider mentioned that after the dart was cut. As for it it would only have had a 2.0 at the time. The 2.0t would be intended for teh srt version of teh dart if it were to of ever come, it was also tested with a few different engines too like the v6 but they could never get the awd and power they wanted and plus the dart was cut before hand anyways.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2675 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Wow, I'm here all the time and I didn't know that. I recall that we found out about the BBK when somebody randomly stumbled across it on a website, too, I think. A scene from a typical Mopar marketing meeting:

1 - "Hey, nobody's buying these sweet Dodge Dart parts! I guess there's just no demand for them."
      2 - "Did you tell anybody about all these parts?"
      1 - "Well, I told Cheryl in accounting."
      2 - "Huh. I guess there really is just no demand. Oh well, let's discontinue them."
      ​Who is Cheryl ?
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Mopar 315/500
      Liked
      83 times
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      I thought this was going to be Charger/Challenger Scat Pack thread. And now I am sad. lol

That will be my next car once I get my house and this Dart paid off. Only a 6.4L Hemi Scat Pack though. Go big or go home. SYLVIA3 BABY!!!
      You won’t be disappointed 😉
      Name:  6949E21B-753A-419F-BCCD-67F7C39491F8.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  4.16 MB

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport Blacktop 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z (Turbo II) 1985 Dodge Omni GLH (Turbo
      Mods
      Mopar CAI and Ram Air kit (Removed baffle), MPx exhaust with Coated Header, Ground kit w/ GLH stripe
      Liked
      21 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Ah yes, the scat pack. It was announced, they showed a few pictures, a couple of possible parts were spotted being displayed at a show, everybody here got weird boners over it, and then it was literally never mentioned again and Mopar acted like it had never even existed. Some parts do exist. You can purchase the cold air intake, the exhaust, and the big brake kit from Mopar. But the performance suspension and 210hp engine tune just don't exist anywhere.
      Yeah...the lack of the tune is what really hurts. The rest can be had by other means...but when I went looking for the Scat Pack or GTS 210 tune, couldn't find it, and found out through forum searches and such it wasn't going to happen or was a pipe dream to start. Probably why I've been looking in on the Syked tune thread all this time. Asked HP tuners (sorry kind of a jerk move with all that's going on with that) if they were working on something and they came back with not at this time. They did give me hope after I brought up the Dart and Renegade community has some interest in getting something for the 2.4 Tigershark...he mentioned that since it's a Dodge it will more than likely be done. I'm thinking the next car will be the Scat Pack Charger with that sweet look and 392 Hemi, annnnd all the aftermarket for those!! Was close to getting it while I was looking for the Dart, but didn't want that kind of car payment...well that and I wanted a pocket rocket Dart (no SRT...damn, no GLH...damn, no GTS 210...damn, no Scat Pack...see a pattern here!!) Man do I miss the days of Shelby and Dodge, all of them would have been built!! I know different time and place...everybody who wants something simple go for the SAV's or mini SUVs. Funny thing is I picked up a nice Mopar book that talks about the Scat Packs throughout the years...and the Darts in there...what a shame. Looks like will just have to get the RRM piggy back tune until one shows up!!

Sorry for the long winded - soap box - comment...just frustrating to have a nice looking car and little support. Maybe with time it'll get better...keep supporting the supporting vendors!!

Ok, I'm done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links