Dodge Dart Forum

2016 Dodge Dart - What's New

Thread: 2016 Dodge Dart - What's New

Tags: None

jsblanch said:
    Quote Originally Posted by pkgmsu2000 View Post
    No mention of engine options. That's the really important info were waiting on, we don't need another sexy looking sedan that doesn't go anywhere. We need a 2.0T!!
    This isn't the refresh, which will be the 2017 Dart. People seem to get confused between calendar year and model year. FCA's 5 year plan was using calendar years, and the "new" Dart was scheduled for mid-2016, with the SRT scheduled for end of 2016. The Dart model year 2016 is going into production in July 2015. It's basically the same as 2015, but with a new GT hood (allegedly). It's also weird that they're adding the Rallye appearance package to the base model SE.

zuiquan1 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by suzq044 View Post
    hood looks familiar eh? took em long enough. though its hard to tell if its like inline-carbons ([pic]) or modern performance's ([pic]); or if its this one ([pic]) or not, and it kinda does look like it, though i cant tell if it has the vent.
    I really hope its the vented option, or I've been waiting all this time for nothing lol
    Mods
    Road Race pulley, ECU tuner
    HPSI +Mopar CAI
    Hearthrob Exhaust
    Deyeme clutch delay delete
    Craven Short throw shifter
    DMR Rear Drivetrain Mount (Firm)
    DMR Hood lift kit
    Redline Goods/Tork leather interior
    Mpx billet shift knob
    BC Coilovers
    R1 Series Rotors
    Moog End Links
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    Deyeme 19mm spacers
    Mopar Sport Hood w/ Ram Air
    Raceline wheels
    MPx Bored throttle body
    Herculedz Charger style headlights
    Gloss black hood/roof/trunk

3. pkgmsu2000 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
    This isn't the refresh, which will be the 2017 Dart. People seem to get confused between calendar year and model year. FCA's 5 year plan was using calendar years, and the "new" Dart was scheduled for mid-2016, with the SRT scheduled for end of 2016. The Dart model year 2016 is going into production in July 2015. It's basically the same as 2015, but with a new GT hood (allegedly). It's also weird that they're adding the Rallye appearance package to the base model SE.
    It makes a lot of sense to me to make the rallye appearance package standard on SE. It's a great looking package and will be more appealing with black front appliqué, dual exhaust, etc

jsblanch said:
    It makes a lot of sense to me to make the rallye appearance package standard on SE. It's a great looking package and will be more appealing with black front appliqué, dual exhaust, etc
    The Dart SE is all about pure value, which is why it has traditionally had almost zero options. I guess it's an option that will appeal to those who want an inexpensive car with the Rallye look.

zuiquan1 said:
    Rallye looks a ton better anyway, I think it should be the standard option
    Mods
    Road Race pulley, ECU tuner
    HPSI +Mopar CAI
    Hearthrob Exhaust
    Deyeme clutch delay delete
    Craven Short throw shifter
    DMR Rear Drivetrain Mount (Firm)
    DMR Hood lift kit
    Redline Goods/Tork leather interior
    Mpx billet shift knob
    BC Coilovers
    R1 Series Rotors
    Moog End Links
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    Deyeme 19mm spacers
    Mopar Sport Hood w/ Ram Air
    Raceline wheels
    MPx Bored throttle body
    Herculedz Charger style headlights
    Gloss black hood/roof/trunk

6. marg_fan said:
    Anyone have the price of the optional GT Performance Hood on the Rallye or Blacktop SXT yet? And no love for the Aero (make that hood work with the turbo please) and the Limited? :sadwalk:

7. Darth_Strife said:
    Quote Originally Posted by MoRALLYE View Post
    I'm betting it's the same engine options.
    you all should read allpar more often. they are stating all new 2.0 turbo line up with the GT being replaced with a possible RT badge, Aero being replaced with a SE with 2.0t option. the huricane soinds pretty stout being a twin turbo set up.

Delta Dart said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ResumeSpeed View Post
    New Optional GT Performance Hood when ordered with Rallye or Blacktop (late availability)
    Oh great. Just another new option to make it look even faster than it's not.

9. nydartsrt said:
    No mention of engine options. That's the really important info were waiting on, we don't need another sexy looking sedan that doesn't go anywhere. We need a 2.0T!!
    That would be 2017 model year...not 2016.

suzq044 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Strife View Post
    "The 2016 Dodge Dart will get completely new front and rear bumpers. I have heard the front end of the Poison Dart will be very similar to that of the high performance SRT model that will be offered. The rear fascia will be styled towards the new Charger and will feature Chrysler's solid LED look for the new racetrack tail lamps. Hurricane engines and 9-speed automatics are for sure a go as well as a new 6-speed manual offering. AWD will be offered on the SRT model but not on the regular lineup. They still do not want the Dart and 200 to cross paths in the showroom with offering an AWD model for their everyday models. Completely revised interior. Its going to be a lot more drastic than the 2001-2014 Charger interior compared to the 2015 Charger. All new wheel designs. GT model might be discontinued for the R/T model to align the models to the other Dodge lineup. Aero model might be dropped as well for an SE with a Hurricane 2.0 9-speed automatic with active grille shutters."
    You're confusing model year with calendar year. He was talking calendar year. We won't see the update till next year.

No new engine until that time either.