Ddct
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Ddct

This is a discussion on Ddct within the Dodge Dart Mechanical Problems forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Pit Row category; I have the 2013 SXT Dart with the 1.4L MultiAir Turbo and the DDCT. In the mornings it takes 3 or 4 turns for the ...

User Tag List

Thread: Ddct

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Ddct

I have the 2013 SXT Dart with the 1.4L MultiAir Turbo and the DDCT. In the mornings it takes 3 or 4 turns for the engine to start up. Shifting feels fine except for lag at the top and the occasional double shift when in very slow traffic or traffic that keeps braking and accelerating at under 10mph. But downshifting is where I have massive issues. Grinding, loud shifts, hangups before I get any engine power back, multiple thump noises from the transmission as I stop. I just got this as a used car with 45k miles less than 2 weeks ago. Any advice or similar situations? I heard these transmissions have historically had problems and like 3 recalls on my model year's transmission alone.

New thing happened after I wrote this. I had a loud creak noise and then it acted like it was in neutral while I was in drive??

Going to the dealership next week to have them look at the transmission

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is a Happy Dart Owner

Vehicle
      2013 Dart SXT 1.4T DDCT
      Liked
      65 times
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Our 13 1.4/ddct had massive delays in up and down shifting at about 63k... they changed the shift position sensors, which fixed that problem.
      But not long after it just lost power and coasted to a stop in heavy freeway traffic.
      Any shift selection gave a “gear selection unavailable” error.
      Dealership couldn’t find a cause/reason... it happened a second time, with the same dealership response, so we traded up to a 15 2.4.

Sponsored Links