Dodge Dart Rallye 2013 Problems
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Dodge Dart Rallye 2013 Problems within the Dodge Dart Mechanical Problems forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Pit Row category; Hi I WAS a happy Dodge Dart owner until last week. I am in SF CA. Last month I noticed that my dodge dart had ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dodge Dart Rallye 2013 Problems

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      dodge dart rallye 2013
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Hi I WAS a happy Dodge Dart owner until last week. I am in SF CA. Last month I noticed that my dodge dart had almost NO coolant, dealer towed my car to the dealership and they fixed 2 hose clamps leaking coolant on the front radiator hose, also service airbag light was on and off and they found active left side seat deployment squib 1-circut open, on inspection found pulled out pin connector under drivers seat, repaired. Got my car for a 5 days and took it back to a service, coolant leaking again, no visual leak found....service said that it is normal, added coolant again. Car was fine for a week, coolant almost gone, car started to smoke badly from the back pipes with a white/gray smoke, also when turned on started to shake, loosing power on the freeway, since then car is at the dealership, they do not know what is going on, they said they had to open the engine and see......no comment, I am pissed. My car has 10k and in last month all I have is a headache with it! Is it a bad LEMON? Anyone here have the same problem? How many times the car needs to be at the dealer for the same problem to be called a LEMON?
      Last edited by idzik115; 12-09-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dodge Charger r/t scat pack
      Mods
      all weather floor mats.. So to be mopar cai, strut tower bar,axle back exhaust
      Liked
      150 times
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by idzik115 View Post
      Hi I WAS a happy Dodge Dart owner until last week. I am in SF CA. Last month I noticed that my dodge dart had almost NO coolant, dealer towed my car to the dealership and they fixed 2 hose clamps leaking coolant on the front radiator hose, also service airbag light was on and off and they found active left side seat deployment squib 1-circut open, on inspection found pulled out pin connector under drivers seat, repaired. Got my car for a 5 days and took it back to a service, coolant leaking again, no visual leak found....service said that it is normal, added coolant again. Car was fine for a week, coolant almost gone, car started to smoke badly from the back pipes with a white/gray smoke, also when turned on started to shake, loosing power on the freeway, since then car is at the dealership, they do not know what is going on, they said they had to open the engine and see......no comment, I am pissed. My car has 10k and in last month all I have is a headache with it! Is it a bad LEMON? Anyone here have the same problem? How many times the car needs to be at the dealer for the same problem to be called a LEMON?
      If they attempted to fix it 3 times and released the car to you those three time in my state it would be a lemon but to save you I guess time they hold it on the third attempt so you don't have to fight it.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      dodge dart rallye 2013
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Yeah, I think they kept the car to really check for problems, they said that they will look piece by piece cylinders....I don't know anything about the cars, but I am getting very irritated. I bought this one as a new car because I wanted to be worry free, I used to drive Toyota that had over 200k in it with total of ZERO issues.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Banned
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      13 1.4T DDCT SXT *pending buyback* 03 1.8T VW Jetta 02 2.8 VR6 VW GLX
      Liked
      2462 times
      Mentioned
      121 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      My Toyotas had problems but then again so did my Dart. I wouldn't sweat it as they will either get it worked out or you will be getting a new car. 30 days is the max in CA for the same problem (first 18 months of ownership).

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      dodge dart rallye 2013
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      What was your problem with your dart @prettyboyfloyd ? And by saying 30 days you mean from the very first time when I had the problem? Or do they need to keep the car for 30 days at he shop?

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      dodge dart rallye 2013
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy Floyd View Post
      My Toyotas had problems but then again so did my Dart. I wouldn't sweat it as they will either get it worked out or you will be getting a new car. 30 days is the max in CA for the same problem (first 18 months of ownership).
      What was your problem with your dart @prettyboyfloyd ? And by saying 30 days you mean from the very first time when I had the problem? Or do they need to keep the car for 30 days at he shop?

Banned
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Liked
      2462 times
      Mentioned
      121 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      My DCCT had a bad TCM. 30 days in the shop for the same problem is the limit. There are other limits too so just go to the CA lemon site.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      dodge dart rallye 2013
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      My DCCT had a bad TCM. 30 days in the shop for the same problem is the limit. There are other limits too so just go to the CA lemon site.
      Got my car back from the shop on Saturday, had a blown head gasket, today is going back there again for a airbag service. The light came on this am and won't turn off.

Banned
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Liked
      2462 times
      Mentioned
      121 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Can post up your repair invoice? It will be helpful to the Dart community.

idzik115 likes this.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      dodge dart rallye 2013
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Update on my dart rallye

Can post up your repair invoice? It will be helpful to the Dart community.
      Ok, so here is everything I got:
      Customer states when you first start vehicle up after sitting for a period of time vehicle idles rough. Gets coolant smell in cabin and exterior, white smoke comes out of tailpipe and has no power, check and advise. Removed radiator cap & checked for hydrocarbons. Has high amount of hydrocarbons in coolant. Engine leaking combustion recommend to remove cylinder head for inspection. Removed cylinder head, cleaned, checked for warping. Cyl head ok-blown/leaking head gasket, need to replace gasket reinstall cyl head & retest. Replaced head gasket, retest, normal operation after repairs.

This is all I got, picked up car Saturday about 5 pm, didn't drive at all on Sunday, Monday morning service air bags light came on and didn't turn off, I was advised to bring the car back to the shop again, they kept it overnight, will post more updates tomorrow when I hear from them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links