Dodge Dart Forum banner

GPS miles and odomter miles different??

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Thrus 
#1 ·
So I was looking at my top speed on my GPS, and It shows 6116 miles, when my odomter miles on my TFT shows 6048. I'll take a picture tomorrow when I get to work of both, but does anyone else have this? Why is this? I'm confused!

#3 · (Edited)
Must have reset the odometer then because that mileage is lower. lol

My GPS shows higher mileage than the odometer too. I'll have to check later to see how much.

Just checked. My odometer reads 4105. The GPS reads 4150. Off 45 miles. Will try to remember to check in a few months to see if the difference between the two changes.

#12 ·
My dash today was saying 108 KM/H whereas my gps was saying 109/110 KM/H, which would mean im going further according to my gps

Also, apparently my top speed is 317 KM/H

#13 ·
The GPS would count miles the car has moved with it on vs the dash going by tires. If for some reason the GPS was on while it was being trailered it may register miles. This is just my guess, maybe they left the key on while hauling it from one place to another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.