Dodge Dart Forum

2015 Dart GT AC Not Cold

Thread: 2015 Dart GT AC Not Cold

Tags: None
  1. wkand said:

2015 Dart GT AC Not Cold

I have a 2015 Dodge Dart GT 12,500 mi. that the AC is not blowing as cold as it should. When the car was brand new, same problem, I took it to the dealer who said at first there was nothing wrong. After another six months went by the AC wouldn't blow cold air at all. Took it back to the dealer who said the manifold connection to the compressor had been leaking and they corrected the leak and refilled it with refrigerant. It then worked fine for another 2 years. Now it's not working again. It does blow some cold air but not nearly enough on really hot days (80°F and above). I checked the manifold connections at the compressor and the condenser and they are both fine. I have not put gauges on it yet to see what the high and low side pressures look like. Also, the AC blows warmer on the passenger side than it does the driver side despite the fact that the dual climate control is set to the same temp on both sides. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

alpinegreenneon said:
    Does it have the R-1234yf refrigerant? I know my Darts both have it and it takes longer to feel cold. I have read many on other forums are getting adapters for their charging hoses and making it a R-134a system. The PAG oil can stay the same. This is something I plan to do eventually.
    Last edited by alpinegreenneon; 06-07-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
    16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
    98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
    95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
    18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

mopar22 said:
    My 15 dart gt had something stuck in the system that stopped it from being but so cold