Dodge Dart Forum

Dart won't shut off

Thread: Dart won't shut off

Tags: None
  1. mariov said:

Dart won't shut off

Hey everyone,

My son bought a 2013 Dart Rallye a month ago and today when he got home, all dash lights were on, the rad fan was spinning like crazy and loud, and when I went to turn it off, the car was still running. Ended up having to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off. After about 30 minutes reconnected battery and now no power at all when I put the key in.

I tried searching for a similar issue in here but didn't find much. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone?

Thanks
    Mario

alpinegreenneon said:
    Could be a stuck relay or the BCM being bad. Do you have access to a scanner to check codes?
    https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/gen...tml#post771586
    Last edited by alpinegreenneon; 06-06-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
    16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
    98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
    95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
    18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

3. mariov said:
    I do have a Bluetooth scanner, but with no power I don't think I can get it to connect to get the codes.

alpinegreenneon said:
    Check your battery and the large fuses on it. The PDC or underhood fuse box may have a blown fuse. Do you have a multimeter?
    -Case

5. mariov said:
    Did check the battery and checked the fuses, but will check the fuses again tmr as some had no power but wasn't sure if they were just spares, so will use the diagram from the link you posted. Headlights work if I turn them on, but turning the key does nothing, no lights, no radio etc..

Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

6. mariov said:
    Well this morning, took the dog for a walk and figured I would bring the keys and see if the car magically fixed itself, and it did, lol
    Started no problem, engine light was on and security light was flashing. Took it around the block and went back home, turned it off and grabbed my scanner, started it up again, no engine light, no security light, back to normal, very strange.

It's going in next week for a recall, so will check with the dealer if they've seen this happen before.

alpinegreenneon said:
    Stuck relay in the BSM. Those relays are soldered in and if it keeps happening, you will be replacing the BCM.
    -Case