2013 Dart 8.4 factory lcd screen to aftermarket screen
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on 2013 Dart 8.4 factory lcd screen to aftermarket screen within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; I have seen a few people make threads on this exact same subject, but each of those threads ended with no answers... Apparently this car ...

User Tag List

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

I have seen a few people make threads on this exact same subject, but each of those threads ended with no answers...

Apparently this car came 2 ways...without a factory lcd screen, and with one. If you got the car without the screen, then it will be totally easy and plug n play getting an aftermarket screen in there. However, if you have the Dart that came WITH the factory screen, the upgrade to an aftermarket unit is near impossible, seeing as how apparently your factory screen is tied into all sorts of mess.

So I have the 2013 Dart with the 8.4 factory screen already in it. It's a complete piece of garbage and has never worked right. I bought everything to do a swap over to a pioneer screen, and made it as far as getting the unit fitted into my dash. That's all good to go as far as fitment. That's when I realized I couldn't find the harness to tie into so I went searching online. Annnd that's when I discovered the can of worms I had opened.

In my car, the factory screen sits by itself in the dash and the radio unit sits mounted behind the glove box. The harness I found running to the back of the factory screen is just a connector with nothing but unlabeled black wires. You have no way of knowing which is which or if you even need to use that harness at all. But it does not fit the aftermarket harness. Also, unplugging this harness from the screen disables not only the screen but also the manual a/c controls and radio controls further down on your dash (the manual knobs). Everything is apparently tied together. I'm not sure if the harness I'm looking to tap into is connected to the radio itself (behind glovebox) or not. Furthermore, I have no clue how you would still retain your steering wheel controls even if you did find a way to make an aftermarket unit work.

Is there anyone with experience on this one yet? Is there not a connector, or adapter, or interface or something?? Does anyone know if there is an electrical diagram showing where all the wires I need run to? Just in case I DO have to run them one by one, which I hope not.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, I'm def stuck on this one.
      Last edited by dsmtuner4; 05-21-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      750 times
      Mentioned
      132 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Have you looked at the Mopar connector site? Just plug in what ever vehicle and it will list every connector pinout.
      Mopar Connection Repair Kit

To find previous posts, just click on your screen name.
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I'm not getting anywhere with this. I talked to a guy who runs a shop doing installs, he says yes he can make the aftermarket unit work, but was also unsure how you would get the steering wheel controls, back up cam, ect to work...I guess everything being tied in together makes this impossible?

My next question would be, what's the difference in the wiring harness setup between the no screen one and the factory screen setup? If I REALLY wanted this done, couldn't I reverse engineer the setup I have to mirror the way the no screen ones are as far as factory wiring? Like couldn't I take my screen, radio, harness, ect out and obtain a wiring harness the no screen ones use and wire that in, and go from there...

I'm not a car audio expert but I know how to wire things and follow diagrams and pinouts. Is what I'm talking about possible? It has to be right? Basically make my car model into the one that never came with it in the first place...but I don;t want to screw something up and then the a/c stop working or something.

Sponsored Links